Federal Model 15A Junior

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I just picked this up at a really good deal. I like getting them like this and restoring them. The light works great, good motor, just some cosmetic issues. Nice clean glass dome. It is a 15A so it originally was a permanent mount. Someone must have added the magnetic plate later. The light was manufactured in February 1967. It was used in the late 60's and 70's by a Volunteer in Oklahoma. You can see it saw a lot of service. This is my before pics before I start the restoration. I will likely remove the magnet plate to restore it back to a permanent mount to match the tag. I haven't opened it up yet to see if the bulb is correct, but it is accurately bright when running.

DSC_0650-gmp.JPGDSC_0654-gmp.JPGDSC_0655.JPG

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Definitely needs restoration. The glass dome is a big plus!

NIACO

Nov 19, 2020
Illinois
Does anyone know where to find the original 1019 bulbs for these beacons? Or what other bulb would work in these lights?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.