Federal Signal Streethawk all lights "Dynarays" question...

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Last edited by a moderator:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Actually, I think what you have there are simply called "intersection sweeps" as opposed to Dynarays because the Dynarays tended to be larger in size (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). As for the diagonal mirror question, I think that there usually were diagonal mirrors unless something else was in the way, such as a strobe power supply. The Streethawk I had with intersection lights also had diagonal mirrors.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
lotsofbars said:
Actually, I think what you have there are simply called "intersection sweeps" as opposed to Dynarays because the Dynarays tended to be larger in size (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). As for the diagonal mirror question, I think that there usually were diagonal mirrors unless something else was in the way, such as a strobe power supply. The Streethawk I had with intersection lights also had diagonal mirrors.

You're right. FS didn't make to many without the mirrors in place.Somebody must have removed them.As for th intersection lights they aren't calling them that in the diagram http://www.fedsig.com/docs/StreetHawk%20SHL4800.pdf and the one's iI have here are different and come with a rotor displacement plate. Can provide pic later of it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Henrico County Police (Virginia) used all-light Streethawks with intersection lights and diagonal mirrors. I would think such a setup would be more effective with clear lenses and filters on the rotators, but Henrico ran them under all blue lenses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.