Federal Signal Vision assistance.

Mike C

May 7, 2014
So Cal
jdh said:
It wouldn't hurt and would not be a waist of time.

anything you guys would like me to cover message me or leave it here.

I will try to answer any questions you guys need help with

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
So, messing with it last night i changed the control cable from the siren to the head and reset the head to default. Now i have alleys, takedowns, and 2 rear flash patterns on the outside 4 pods. i think i've got it down to programming now. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH PROGRAMMING? what i plan to do next is replace one of the pods that's acting up. see if that helps. then start checking boards etc. i have tried the programming listed in the manual and not sure whats going on, might have a bad head or just a bad slide switch. once i get the cabling sorted out i will try to post pinouts here.
For programming watch this video...link is below. I followed this video and found out programming Visions really isn't that hard, just took me a minute to catch on. If you have a manual it'll help a lot so you can "see" what the video is talking about and the manual has the light options/numbers you need to program it with. Link for video:

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
Six years later I'm sitting here reading my post. The video here helped me with most of my trouble. You don't need a controller and brain that are matched. You can buy them separately, clear the brain box memory and start from scratch. I really like the Visions and all that they can do! Here's the video for programming again, hope this helps someone!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
you feeling ok? its not 20 20 yet and you replied with the same video 2 times.. LOL

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
Hey I had the same issue with my vision bar I couldnt get the siren to program but the airhorn and manual wail worked every time I started my truck it would beep and flash bot then when I hit the reset it was fine. I was able to program it the way I wanted with the flash patterns I wanted but now I have issues with only the 2 outer pods rotating so I replaced it with a led bar so I have 2 brains for it they are both from lvmpd ( Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department ) and a switch head and light bar with directional bar for sale if you need any replacement parts

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Not to hijack this post, but I have a Vision that will not go into programming mode. Someone suggested checking J2 to see if it's cut or not-it isn't. The bar works fine with the amp and relay that I bought, I just can't play with the programming.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Visions were great, but I'd rather try to do word processing on an apple II than program one. When they work they have endless cool features and I really wish the smart rotator concept would have taken off across the industry. The Smart Vector was the compromise bar and that's the closest I have come to really owning a vision, but man do i love looking at other peoples' setups.

Reactions: acklover

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.