Federal Signal Vision SLR pinout

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
I know this will be a long shot... But does anyone know the pinout for one of these? This is a RWBA model and I don't want to fry it. I assume there has to be a way to power it sans lightbar and serial interface.

Anyone?

15099511694081124171779.jpg 150995118456495722685.jpg

unlisted

Gold Supporter
You grabbed that off ebay? I was considering it until I found out it's a replacement for a full size bar.

If no one here can assist fedsig should give you the wiring pinout if you call them.

ShadowSwipe

Registered Member
I'd email their support, they're usually more than happy to send you whatever manual/diagrams you need to operate your equipment.

ryan

Premium Member
Gold Supporter
Sadly i bought the other one. I believe we need a control board. Maybe one from a 3 pod will work i dont know. If anyone wants one... $250 shipped

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Yep, grabbed it off flea bay. I emailed Fed Sig last week and haven't heard anything back. I'm happy the seller took my low ball offer... It will be some expensive shelf candy if I can't get it going

ryan

Premium Member
Gold Supporter
I have a fed sig slr371 commander light. Wonder if i can “massage” these two together.

shues

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Like the original Vision, the Vision SLR must use stepper motors. This implies a requirement for centralized circuitry acting as a motor controller.

Getting this working won't be as simple as where to connect power and ground. However, with a little more information, it would probably be relatively easy to build a rudimentary motor controller around something as basic as a 555 timer.

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Like the original Vision, the Vision SLR must use stepper motors. This implies a requirement for centralized circuitry acting as a motor controller.

Getting this working won't be as simple as where to connect power and ground. However, with a little more information, it would probably be relatively easy to build a rudimentary motor controller around something as basic as a 555 timer.
That is above my current knowledge and skill set

NPS Ranger

Veteran Member
If all you want is to switch independent color control, and not to have it stop or jog or do tricks, then there should be a way. FedSig had those dealer demo beacon models and as far as I know they did not run through a regular controller.

ERIC6913

Premium Member
If all you want is to switch independent color control, and not to have it stop or jog or do tricks, then there should be a way. FedSig had those dealer demo beacon models and as far as I know they did not run through a regular controller.
I got one of those:cool:

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Anyone have any ideas on this? Fed Sig has refused to respond to my emails haha

Menachem S

Registered Member
Do any of you guys know if there's any way to hook up a federal signal slr pod to power with out connecting it to a light bar I have a spare pod and I'm trying to use it as a beacon light

thanks in advance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregrsikes
Top Bottom