Feniex 4x6 pcb sneak peek

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
After rereading the thread my guess is if they did make it the cost would be about 240-260 (3x7) and 280-300 (4x6) a piece. A bit pricey but not horrifying.  Just have to cut back on eating take out at work for a few months, lol.  I like how they are designed now but having the capability to run the whole head white for scene/work lighting would be worth it.  And after thinking today, I'm considering the 4x6 to replace the M6s (B/W) on my toolbox sides.  I may still just do 4 T6 in the grille.

Which now begs me to ask,,,it appears that the "brake" feature isn't programmable...is it just an alternate mode that you can pick pattern/head half for or is it restricted to only steady burn the whole head??

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Which now begs me to ask,,,it appears that the "brake" feature isn't programmable...is it just an alternate mode that you can pick pattern/head half for or is it restricted to only steady burn the whole head??

It's setup to do the brake flash steady burn. When that wire is powered up you can use the pattern selector to choose which half of the light you want lit up or if you want the whole thing.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thanks for that.  Searched for video that has all the patterns/functions and couldn't find anything yet.  

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They work on positive switched flashers I've hooked them too

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Any idea when the colored lenses will be released?  Thinking of ordering and want to compare intensity/wash-out of clear vs colored lens.  I may wait a bit depending on release time.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Also, does anyone know if you can safely connect the red power and brown flashing together? I'm going to try to retro fit a rescue that has strobes. I'd prefer to not have to run new wiring and just use the existing 3 wires from the strobes. I'm thinking red and brown: power, black:ground, white:sync? Would that work?

Last edited:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yes it will work. No timetable has been set yet on colored lenses being released.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
To give y'all a hint of an idea what the 6x4 MIGHT look like with colored lenses.

The white on these seem more true white, not "cool" or "warm" white, or it could be the optics. I really don't notice a significant drop in brightness putting the white side behind colored lenses when flashing, only on steady burn is it really noticeable.

Reactions: Tony P

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
To give y'all a hint of an idea what the 6x4 MIGHT look like with colored lenses.

The white on these seem more true white, not "cool" or "warm" white, or it could be the optics. I really don't notice a significant drop in brightness putting the white side behind colored lenses when flashing, only on steady burn is it really noticeable.

Apollos never look right in a video. I'm not sure if it's the optics, but my opinion of Apollo lights jumped a lot seeing them in person. I had a similarly significant experience with PowerArc. Neither tech sees to show up right in video.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I think it has to do with the camera. I used my Samsung Galaxy s5 instead of my real camera as do a lot of people these days.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Took another video (again using my phone) of the 6x4 next to Whelen 600s. This is not scientific or anything, just some random comparison.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Any chance in the future of adding a PAR36 to the lineup? Dual color so they could be used for driving/fog/scene and switched to emergency.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Wide-lux optics should never be used as driving lights.

Tony63031

May 26, 2010
St.Louis , MO
I have no idea where everyone else is from, but you'd possibly have a market in the Midwest ( Missouri and IL ) for split colors for fire and EMS here ( yeah yeah i've read the for's and against's ) Most fire and EMS here use split and set them up very well here. The price though here will make or break selling them big In Missouri specifically, not sure about IL. The double price here will be a hard sell here honestly.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
While I don't personally like split color modules - I have installed 8 of these now on some of our trucks - even on split patterns these things are beyond bright. So, that being said...if they're set up right (sync'd so only single colors are flashing together) then they will be just fine. I feel price wise, they're right on par of where they need to be at.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Feedback from a customer on a red/white split 7X3 today.

"...honestly I'm not very impressed. The red is more of a light red. And that Whelen (M6) is a dark red. And at different angles you can't even see the Feniex".

"It is really bright at a certain angle but if you get away from that one angle it looks like a chinese light"

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Feedback from a customer on a red/white split 7X3 today.

"...honestly I'm not very impressed. The red is more of a light red. And that Whelen (M6) is a dark red. And at different angles you can't even see the Feniex".

"It is really bright at a certain angle but if you get away from that one angle it looks like a chinese light"
I disagree totally with the above. I installed 4 of these on our bucket of our ladder truck as well as 2 of them on the front of the truck above the headlights. Even standing at the side of the truck, the lights give off a good amount of light. Straight on they're almost hard to look at.

I do however notice some difference in the red colors compared to some Whelen products we have. However, it's not an extreme difference and to a normy (non ELB member) who knows nothing about warning lights, they won't be able to see the difference.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I disagree totally with the above. I installed 4 of these on our bucket of our ladder truck as well as 2 of them on the front of the truck above the headlights. Even standing at the side of the truck, the lights give off a good amount of light. Straight on they're almost hard to look at.

I do however notice some difference in the red colors compared to some Whelen products we have. However, it's not an extreme difference and to a normy (non ELB member) who knows nothing about warning lights, they won't be able to see the difference.

I didn't notice a big difference either, I rather liked the light. If this is what the customer sees though, not sure how much of me telling them they're wrong they'll listen to.

This is an example of "you can lead a horse to water..."

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Feniex - what are the chances you could produce the rubber grommet that has the proper holes cut out so it makes marking the holes used for mounting and running the wires through a little easier? IE: The T-6, the rubber part has the exact holes cut so all you have to do is mark those, drill and the holes line right up.

Jun 28, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
Feniex - what are the chances you could produce the rubber grommet that has the proper holes cut out so it makes marking the holes used for mounting and running the wires through a little easier? IE: The T-6, the rubber part has the exact holes cut so all you have to do is mark those, drill and the holes line right up.

I like that idea, would definitely help with installation. Also, in case you're not aware, they have templates you can print out. I couldn't find them on Feniex's website, but we have them on ours:
7x3:
http://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/content/Manuals/Feniex/Wide-Lux 7X3 Template.PDF

6x4:
http://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/content/Manuals/Feniex/Wide Lux 6X4 Template.PDF

7x9:
http://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/content/Manuals/Feniex/Wide-Lux 9X7 Template.PDF

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
biggest problem with that is it would have to be really stiff rubber to not flex or move to be accurate

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
biggest problem with that is it would have to be really stiff rubber to not flex or move to be accurate
Well that is some what of a problem I run into when I'm marking the holes for the T6s...but, I usually have an extra pair of hands helping me so they hold the rubber straight while I confirm with a level then I mark the holes. But it would definitely be a little easier if the rubber piece wasn't so flimsy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.