Finally obtained one of these for myself :-D

Discussion in 'Vintage & Collectible' started by CrownVic97, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

1. CrownVic97

CrownVic97 Veteran Member

As mentioned in this thread here (https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/whelen-centurion-custom-restoration.83690/), I retired this Federal Signal Model 25 from service to be part of my collection for the rest of its existence. I'm pretty happy how these things work out! The crazy part is is that I never knew these all-light AeroDynics were lightweights! Much less heavy than the speaker grill models, even if those have no speaker in them!

I'll be getting some pics of the clean up process tomorrow. The amber lenses will not stay with this bar and I'm going to order a whole new different colored pair sometime this month. Pretty stoked to have one after so long :)

After being removed from wrecker:
    WP_20171201_003.jpg

Safely at home, ready for a good clean...
    WP_20171201_004.jpg

Quick video of course ;)

H20, jph2, Mars Light and 6 others like this.
  2. Wailer

Wailer Veteran Member

Interesting flash pattern.

southpaw likes this.
  3. CrownVic97

It was set to dual left pattern (each side went from right to left when viewed from the back), but it must have come unsynced somehow.

southpaw likes this.
  4. Stampeed Valkyrie

Stampeed Valkyrie Senior Member Silver Level Member

Very Nice.

The Model 25 (10 rotator) Aerodynic is still probably my favorite Aero Variant..
    Grease the idler and reflector gears.. then see if the pattern holds. If not then it's time to start sourcing replacement gears.

southpaw and CrownVic97 like this.
  5. CrownVic97

I'll take a close look at all of them, Valkyrie. I usually use liberal amounts of Vaseline on AeroDynic gears since that stuff gets to all the crevasses in the gears.

southpaw likes this.
  6. tsquale

tsquale Site Minion Platinum Level Member

10 Rotators for the win!

7. Stampeed Valkyrie

Stampeed Valkyrie Senior Member Silver Level Member

shameless plugs!

OliverD, Mars Light, southpaw and 2 others like this.
  8. CrownVic97

Bwahahaha! Yeah yeah, you do that, Valkyrie....:p

I'm gonna go with a real simple but well known lense configuration. Just gotta get 'em ordered up now ;).

H20, Stampeed Valkyrie and southpaw like this.
  9. jph2

jph2 Senior Member

Good for you! Nice addition to your collection. :)

CrownVic97 likes this.