Firehawk Parts

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
OK, so I'm FINALLY getting around to restoring a Firehawk that I bought a year or two ago and I'm looking for a couple of things. First and foremost is a lower outer section of plastic. The bar was damaged during shipping and there is a good size piece missing from it. I would be even more happy if I could find a set of bottom center sections as well since these are pretty faded. I am going to see if I can bring them back, but.... I am also looking for both sets of decals for the bar as shown in the pics. Anybody happen to know if Federal has any NOS on any of these items? Thanks in advance.

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Firehawk_DSCF5544.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Firehawk_DSCF5545.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Firehawk_423510_25366b10598c9aacbd48a6d2438ef98dd51.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg192_PCComms_Firehawk_DSCF5543.jpg

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
good luck, Firehawk parts are long obsolete from Federal. I would (and i personally have) use some plastic primer spray paint and a nice red spray paint to refinish the bases. You can could get a black lower section easily and put a few coats of white primer on it and paint it red and you will never know it was black. Trust me, it works. As for the decals, i would mask them off and leave them. you will have a hard time finding another set.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I agree with eric on the spray paint on the red bases.

I sprayed my white bases i had gotten with my white base streethawk, and they look good as new (better than they did).

as for the busted up base, could always do the same thing with a black base (spray paint wise).

If ya need any lower lenses, i have quite a few ambers that are like new by the way

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Figured I would try seeing if anyone had a source for any parts as I like my restorations to be as original as possible. You know how anal I can be when restoring something Eric. Hell, took me almost 3 years of looking for the right pars for that vintage Edge that I did. LOL As for the lenses, I appreciate the offer, but I have more than enough NOS lenses (top and bottom).

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Y'all can stop PM'ing me, Chuck bought them :)

Give up on the RED FireHawk and go with the WHITE Firehawk...................

Here ya go:

9243294312_f690bfcc17.jpg

9243294464_dcf565a7c9.jpg

9243294396_7a099ac40e.jpg

9243294536_bbce980740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
I actually have two of them already Pete, but those are some clean bottoms. PM me with what your looking for them. Thanks. :)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Pete L. said:
I'm thinking that this may end up in the Wanted section but ...... what-the-hell.....

Give up on the RED FireHawk and go with the WHITE Firehawk...................

Here ya go:

I can make those red and put new Firehawk stickers on them you would never know the difference. This guy used to be white:

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_streethawk002.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
jdh said:
Can you even get domes and filters for them????

The domes and filters are all over.

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Man, I never really cared for the Streethawk (thought they looked cheap and ugly), but those white base and Firehawk bars are awesome! If I ever find some cheap local Streethawks, they'll get a make over :D

SEM paint is usually good with plastic and they have a lot of different colors. Just take in one of the lowers to a local automotive paint shop and ask if they can find a close if not exact match to the original color in the SEM selection.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Reno911 said:
Man, I never really cared for the Streethawk (thought they looked cheap and ugly), but those white base and Firehawk bars are awesome! If I ever find some cheap local Streethawks, they'll get a make over :D

SEM paint is usually good with plastic and they have a lot of different colors. Just take in one of the lowers to a local automotive paint shop and ask if they can find a close if not exact match to the original color in the SEM selection.

Oh Streethawks are a dime a dozen. It got to the point where I was selling a few of them for $50 a lot. But they're some of the best lightbars ever made.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Reno911 said:

If you do get the paint code they will use.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
The StreetHawk was Federal Signal's workhorse bar for many years. It's a fantastic design.

Known around here as the StreetHog, because of wind drag/gas mileage draw. They were great for urban departments not so great for highway use.

I have gutted as many as 150 of these puppies from VA PDs and FDs. I'm keeping parts for them because I LOVE this bar.

-Pete

flahotrod

Aug 1, 2011
Florida
I thought they were very versatile bars. They provide 360 degrees of unobstructed light. They provide multiple flashers that could be activated independently from the rotating lights. The alley lights did not interfere with the rotation lights. Multiple combinations of domes and speaker housings made for quite a variety of configurations. I thought they solved a lot of problems found in prior or other designs.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
not to hijack chucks post, but i currently own 5 streethawks (1 being a white base streethawk).

I like them alot........in fact, im getting 2 more white base bars andpossibly one is an NFPA spec firehawk (cant wait to get that one).

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The Streethawk was another revolutionary design from Federal Signal. It was the first production two-tier light bar. Rotating lights on the top tier, stationary lights on the bottom tier. Streethawks were insanely popular and Fed Sig sold tons of them.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
stansdds said:
The Streethawk was another revolutionary design from Federal Signal. It was the first production two-tier light bar. Rotating lights on the top tier, stationary lights on the bottom tier. Streethawks were insanely popular and Fed Sig sold tons of them.

The Streethawk was to Federal Signal what the MX7000 was to Code 3. I think we have a Firehawk at the station. I am thinking of talking my chief out of it ;-0. I would like to get my hands on a Strobehawk.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Eric, I sent a PM about buying some stickers on the bottom. Would be interested in a half dozen if you want to part with some. Thanks.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
jdh said:
The Streethawk was to Federal Signal what the MX7000 was to Code 3. I think we have a Firehawk at the station. I am thinking of talking my chief out of it ;-0. I would like to get my hands on a Strobehawk.

The Strobehawk has ended up being a sought after collectors item, but in service the Strobehawk was a disappointment. The idea of replacing rotators with strobes was not bad, but the strobes Federal put under the Strobehawk's lenses lacked power, especially when compared to Whelen's strobes.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ERIC6913 said:
good luck, Firehawk parts are long obsolete from Federal. I would (and i personally have) use some plastic primer spray paint and a nice red spray paint to refinish the bases. You can could get a black lower section easily and put a few coats of white primer on it and paint it red and you will never know it was black. Trust me, it works. As for the decals, i would mask them off and leave them. you will have a hard time finding another set.

I was online with the patents website finding info on the patents FS has and even though the Streethawk and the Firehawk are no longer being made they still have live patents on them.

As fas the Strobehawk it's not even listed.

The site shows what is live and dead and when the patent either ran out or was renewed.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
ERIC6913 said:
i only have one set, sorry.

How much would you want for them? I would be interested in the pair. I may have someone able to make perfect reproductions if I have a quality piece for him to scan. Thank you.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ERIC6913 said:
i only have one set, sorry.
Eric,

can you guy make me a set without all the cracks?

IMG_0027.JPG

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
guys i think that the aerodynic was more popular then streethawk.i think that when fedsig first made twinsonics it was ''jackpot'' but with aerodynics they won!

the aerodynic is history for fedsig factory even in movie factory,one of the greatest bars ever.

i love ''Streethawk'' but i will go with ''Aerodynic''! :)

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Firefly Berlin said:
Hey guys, if you could post some high resolution pics of the three labels (streethawk, strobehawk and firehawk) I could let a good friend make new ones.

These any better than the last time?All you need to do is work out the cracks. Actually you can't feel the cracks it strange you would think you would. 4.984" x 1.2245" or 126.60mm x 31.08mm

And yes Pete you did see em before:D

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Had to take this off one it's the best I have.As for the firehawk can't you use the one that is already has already been posted?

scan0005.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.