Fyr Fyter Penetrator Siren

crescentstar69

Veteran Member
Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Here is my latest vintage toy, a 60's era Fyr Fyter Penetrator. Only siren tone is a long roll wail. Definitely in the oddball category. Sounds great and has nice backlit face. Just needs a good cleaning. A product of good 'ol Dayton, Ohio, my home town! Penetrator Siren 008.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]Penetrator Siren 007.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]Penetrator Siren 006.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]

Penetrator Siren 006.JPG

Penetrator Siren 007.JPG

Penetrator Siren 008.JPG

It should also have a slow yelp tone.

The tones of this siren are very unique and that's a good find. :) Now you just need the 58 watt

big mouth siren speaker.

Cool! I guess I gotta share the one that I got for free last year from a volly dept up north of Fargo.

LTS-SRNS 041.jpg[/attachment:5l6qxvly]

It has the long wail tone and the low, distinctive '60s yelp. The PA transistors must be shot because I can't get anything through the mike when I key it up. Oh, well, it's the siren tones that matter most to me! When I get time I'll post a video of it. You've got the deluxe version compared to mine, Crescentstar69 :lol: .

LTS-SRNS 041.jpg

The pushbutton version looks like it is a deluxe model. Most of the Penetrators I've seen had the rotary selector knob.

Drooling yet wailer?

squad 51 fan said:
i know where there are 3 fyr fyter sirens for sale, try njemergencyvehicle, i can't remember the log on!

Uh, Yeah........... That's where this one came from. Only took 34 days, 10 e-mails, and a Paypal dispute AND escalation to get them to get off their duffs and ship it.

No problem, 51 :cool:.

Yes they have some, just be very careful trusting them. I also threatened to file a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General's office and the BBB. Got several lame excuse e-mails about why he hadn't shipped, then no responses at all until the Paypal claim and escalation. I can't imagine why he let it turn into some big deal. It isn't hard to throw it in a box and take it to the P.O. I do it all the time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381