Good Finds From Old Catalogs

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
dmathieu said:
Anything else, as far as sirens, electronic or mechanical, that you'd like to see, of for that matter, any other equipment?

If its not too much trouble. would love to see what sirens they offered in the catalogs both electronic and mechanical.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
dmathieu said:
1965 Darley
Federal products

These lights are obviously Federal, but they all bore the Darley Champion name tag. Just as the Champion sirens were made by Federal for Darley, so were the beacons; and the Champion versions all sold for considerably less than a stock Federal item. I have a beacon that is somewhat of a rarity. When I first got it, I thought that it was a short-skirted Federal 17. But it is actually a 174 in the smaller skirt and old-style smaller dome; and it has the Darley Champion label as well.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
dmathieu said:
If there is anything else that anybody would like me to post, let me know.

Why don't you post the Darley siren pages, Dan. I always liked their version of the Federal 28 that they called the "Tornado Champion", which they called a long-roll siren.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I've got a Darley Fire Catalog. But it is undated.

I think it's a 1975 catalog. Cause there are a bunch of 1776-1976 themed badges and things in it.

Any of those catalogs you got have any Civil Defense Sirens in it? My Fire Catalog does.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Never seen Model 1000 (predecessor to the Model 1200 Strobe)

Using the small L Head with power supply under the base.

The package is the same dome and base as the Model 44 ROTA-BEAM.

Single and on portable crossbar

S6303677.jpg

S6303680.jpg

S6303675.jpg

S6303674.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.