Got a New lightbar in today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Yes the valor has the same limitations.... but at a lesser scale... the valor can only do three colors. The vision can do 4

From speaking to the Vision project manager, maria, very nice lady, I am getting a new bar brain with a custom flash that replaces the all blue patterns with all amber. They are rushing it to me

That is how they are solving the color issue... nobody is going to need red/blue, all red and all blue patterns so they are simply deleting the color combo that isn't needed. Which is perfectly fine.

shott8283

Jun 2, 2010
Western NY
haters gona hate.

i think the bar is straight baller and sets a new precedent for all these other companies to step up to the plate and start doing new things with LED's

is that bar expensive? yes. but what did everyone say when the liberties and SVPs came out.

i doubt you were all saying "dayng thats cheep, gimme 100 "

i just wish an agency close to me had that kind of budget. id be in heaven!

and to the OP. take some progress pics of the install if you could, id like to see how it goes in ..

Code3EMT

Jun 16, 2010
California
That thing is awesome. I think that's incredible how it can switch up the colors. I don't know why everyone hates it. Would I ever buy one? No, way to expesnive and I'm a Whelen guy.

One thing I do not like, is that I read they either to one color or all colors, but that doesn't seem to be true. From what everyone has been saying, you have to literally order each individual setting and color. No me gusta

cory y

May 21, 2010
Well if you order a non multi color bar, there are more patterns per bar, but when you order the multi color you lose some patterns.

If there's one thing that would perfect this bar it would be a user programmable flash/color program.

That way if I wanted a pod to flash, rotate or oscilate in a particular way with a particualr color it would be awesome. And that's in the works.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
This bar has unique potential, as did it's predecessor, but Federal Signal never unlocked it. There aren't many bars where an end-user has the ability to create patterns utilizing the stepper motors and synchronization features. These bars have endless possibilities, but are limited to pre-programmed options. Now that the SmartSiren Platinum is programmed via computer, the options should be opened up quite a bit, but they still aren't. With a list price of $6,000, I think that is why people, including myself, are disappointed. I like this bar, but I don't like the negatives we've been hearing over the past week or so. I hope Federal Signal opens it up as the new bar becomes more widely adopted :twocents:

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
For the red/blue patterns, can you make half red/half blue, then half blue/ half red?

cory y

May 21, 2010
Vision Flash Patterns

this is for the Red/Blue set of 10

the red and the blue set are exactly the same execpt they are red or blue and not red and blue

cory y

May 21, 2010
I apologize for the crappy quality of the videos... they were suppost to be in HD but... evidently something has gone amiss

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Looks awesome... Yeah, HD vid would have looked better... Maybe YouTube needs more time to process it...

Regardless, great lookin bar... :thumbsup:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
cory y said:
I apologize for the crappy quality of the videos... they were suppost to be in HD but... evidently something has gone amiss

It only takes a few minutes to process HD after it is uploaded completely. It is either your camera or the editing software you are using. If you are using Windows Movie Maker which it looks like you are to me, then that is your problem as there is no HD file import or output. I cannot even import my 1080HD video from my Sony HD cam into movie maker, only standard definition.

Anyways, the flash patterns look good! I cannot believe though that he has a sunroof on that truck and you have to put that lightbar way back on the roof, looks awful like that.

Jan 7, 2011
Tampa, Florida
tom said:
For a lightbar?! And I thought anything above $1,000 was outrageous for a lightbar. Who in their right mind would buy that?

That's ridiculous. I hope it makes the guy dinner at night and cleans his house too for that kind of money.

WELL Said Tom. Watch the driver hit a low limb on a tree and take the light pods right off. I think I would cry and get sick! They can REST ASSURED that NO agency will EVER buy that light for that price. The Rontan Maximum lightbar is twice as bright at 22,500 candellas and is only $1450.00 LIST! $4500 is RIDICULOUS to say the least, but I hope he bent over and took a good reaming from behind. I guess this is Federals way to recoup their $2.5 million loss last quarter! Way to stick it to the customer Federal. Maybe they can now rehire the 63 people they "laid off"!

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
PursuitElectronics said:
WELL Said Tom. Watch the driver hit a low limb on a tree and take the light pods right off. I think I would cry and get sick! They can REST ASSURED that NO agency will EVER buy that light for that price. The Rontan Maximum lightbar is twice as bright at 22,500 candellas and is only $1450.00 LIST! $4500 is RIDICULOUS to say the least, but I hope he bent over and took a good reaming from behind. I guess this is Federals way to recoup their $2.5 million loss last quarter! Way to stick it to the customer Federal. Maybe they can now rehire the 63 people they "laid off"!

Bitter are you???

This is the top of the line bar, there is a much cheaper single LED model available with a MSRP $4595. The original Vision from my 1994 price list had a MSRP of $3095 and departments bought them like NYPD. Compare that price to the current cost of living and it is pretty damn equal, only a few dollars off ($4,598.64). So that being said, it is no more expensive for a single LED Vision SLR then a Vision 15+ years ago.

Proper insurance would take care of accidental damage to the lightbar, so there is no reason to worry if you have correct insurance.

Rotan is not an American company like Federal Signal and manufactures their products in the USA, if people would buy American then they would not have to lay off workers. Rotan is a Brazilian company with many re-branded Juluen products.

cory y

May 21, 2010
K9Vic said:
Bitter are you???

This is the top of the line bar, there is a much cheaper single LED model available with a MSRP $4595. The original Vision from my 1994 price list had a MSRP of $3095 and departments bought them like NYPD. Compare that price to the current cost of living and it is pretty damn equal, only a few dollars off ($4,598.64). So that being said, it is no more expensive for a single LED Vision SLR then a Vision 15+ years ago.

Proper insurance would take care of accidental damage to the lightbar, so there is no reason to worry if you have correct insurance.

Rotan is not an American company like Federal Signal and manufactures their products in the USA, if people would buy American then they would not have to lay off workers. Rotan is a Brazilian company with many re-branded Juluen products.

And how many department in new york have the exact same set ups as nypd?? I'm willing to bet more than a handful?

What about the CHP? They bought visions by the truckload... and again... how many departments set their cars up exactly like CHP?

They won't have a problem moving these bars... granted the top of the line all the bells and whistles model like I have isn't going to be a very common one. But you can still get single color pods...

This project is in its infantcy... there's so much room for it to grow and evolve.

Hint... imagine a wecan programmer style of programmer for the lightbar so you can choose what pod does what when ans how you want it....

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
cory y said:
Hint... imagine a wecan programmer style of programmer for the lightbar so you can choose what pod does what when ans how you want it....

When, how, and in what color. :D

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
K9Vic said:
It only takes a few minutes to process HD after it is uploaded completely. It is either your camera or the editing software you are using. If you are using Windows Movie Maker which it looks like you are to me, then that is your problem as there is no HD file import or output. I cannot even import my 1080HD video from my Sony HD cam into movie maker, only standard definition.

Anyways, the flash patterns look good! I cannot believe though that he has a sunroof on that truck and you have to put that lightbar way back on the roof, looks awful like that.

i can get WMM to come out in full 1080p but i manly just do 720p because it's faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfooDDMMWcc

Niles

Oct 19, 2010
AZ
cory y said:
i musta broke the links when i rearranged my photobucket

Thanks for fixing it so fast!

Man this thing is nice, I might have to break down and buy one when the price comes down some and they allow you to customize the patterns to your liking.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
thats like 25% of the total worth of the vehicle. IDK wtf happened to federal...I dont see how they can even compete with whelen. Code 3 is another one. They list a halogen mx for 1780. I love lights but I WILL NOT kill a friend or family member to buy some.....lmao it is a sweet light though

cory y

May 21, 2010
emtanderson51 said:
thats like 25% of the total worth of the vehicle. IDK wtf happened to federal...I dont see how they can even compete with whelen. Code 3 is another one. They list a halogen mx for 1780. I love lights but I WILL NOT kill a friend or family member to buy some.....lmao it is a sweet light though

Whelen is so overrated its not even funny. dont get me wrong they have some good products its just that they have been so ruthless in pushing the bars out to anybody who will listen. I frankly am tired of seeing a liberty on every single PD car.

Code 3 is coming back strong.

the XT series of lights are simply insane and the new TRex is simply awesome.

I have in the shop a RX2700 and i am more than happy to put it up against a liberty any day of the week.

Federal Signal is also really on the comeback.

dont drink the Whelen Koolaid and automatically think its the end all of lights and sirens.

for every 1 whelen product i sell, i sell 7 Code3 products. The Prices have dropped, gotten on par with the market and the quality has skyrocketed.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
cory y said:
Whelen is so overrated its not even funny. dont get me wrong they have some good products its just that they have been so ruthless in pushing the bars out to anybody who will listen. I frankly am tired of seeing a liberty on every single PD car.

Code 3 is coming back strong.

the XT series of lights are simply insane and the new TRex is simply awesome.

I have in the shop a RX2700 and i am more than happy to put it up against a liberty any day of the week.

Federal Signal is also really on the comeback.

dont drink the Whelen Koolaid and automatically think its the end all of lights and sirens.

for every 1 whelen product i sell, i sell 7 Code3 products. The Prices have dropped, gotten on par with the market and the quality has skyrocketed.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.gorillafart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/if-serious1.jpg

Why shouldn't there be a Liberty on every PD car if Whelen can put out their product at a reasonable price and stand behind their product?

cory y

May 21, 2010
Whelen lightbars, espically the liberty are nice and all that. dont get me wrong I think their products are very nice. What im saying is that im tired of seeing them.

It used to be you could identify the department by their lights.

for example Dallas used a Stripped out MX, DART used an MX with LED arrow and front flashers, Richardson used Edge 9m 6 strobe with arrow and front piercers, Plano used MX7000s with clear domes and stingrays,

nowadays, it seems eveybody has a freaking liberty. My shop and I are pushing the New Code3 product line very hard, and slowly regaining C3 customers.

Federal signal while they have a very expensive Vision SLR, the same bar can be had for much cheaper when you dont get a full multi color lightbar.

liberal noob

Jun 14, 2010
Berkley, MA
cory y said:
Whelen lightbars, espically the liberty are nice and all that. dont get me wrong I think their products are very nice. What im saying is that im tired of seeing them.

nowadays, it seems eveybody has a freaking liberty. My shop and I are pushing the New Code3 product line very hard, and slowly regaining C3 customers.
Its good to know someone else feels my pain.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
emt322636 said:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.gorillafart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/if-serious1.jpg

Why shouldn't there be a Liberty on every PD car if Whelen can put out their product at a reasonable price and stand behind their product?

Federal at one time was the leader and Code 3 has ALWAYS been a follower. Federal products have remained obsolete bulky and relatively unchanged for years. They had the vector. Nice "idea" but it's like putting a shed on your roof. This SLR bar came out AFTER the Liberty duo. The legend and Escaoe bars....late again. Not to mention poor copies. The Liberty is on the % of vehicles it's on because it is by far and away the best possible lightbar available for effectiveness, servicability and price on the current market. For the price of the SLR I could stack up 5 Liberties on my roof, have 10 colors (duos) and it would weigh less and probablly only be marginally more in price. Code 3 bars just plain suck in my opinion with random patterns and the same old look over and over. The Liberty is blinding bright. Why do I need twice as bright? At some point the lights will actually pose a hazard rather than identify one.... Just my humble opinion. And FYI my favorite bar is an aerodynic. Heavy and bulky. Poor intersection coverage. I love the way they look. LOVE THEM. If I was putting something on my roof though? FREEDOM. SICK SICK SICK bar. The SLR is very nice though. For 4600 bucks it should come with a lifetime of free dunkins

I will tell you...if I ever hit the lotto I will have 2 SLR's back to back on my ceiling in my brand new barroom in the lower level of my estate haha

cory y

May 21, 2010
emtanderson51 said:
Federal at one time was the leader and Code 3 has ALWAYS been a follower. Federal products have remained obsolete bulky and relatively unchanged for years. They had the vector. Nice "idea" but it's like putting a shed on your roof. This SLR bar came out AFTER the Liberty duo. The legend and Escaoe bars....late again. Not to mention poor copies. The Liberty is on the % of vehicles it's on because it is by far and away the best possible lightbar available for effectiveness, servicability and price on the current market. For the price of the SLR I could stack up 5 Liberties on my roof, have 10 colors (duos) and it would weigh less and probablly only be marginally more in price. Code 3 bars just plain suck in my opinion with random patterns and the same old look over and over. The Liberty is blinding bright. Why do I need twice as bright? At some point the lights will actually pose a hazard rather than identify one.... Just my humble opinion. And FYI my favorite bar is an aerodynic. Heavy and bulky. Poor intersection coverage. I love the way they look. LOVE THEM. If I was putting something on my roof though? FREEDOM. SICK SICK SICK bar. The SLR is very nice though. For 4600 bucks it should come with a lifetime of free dunkins

Please.

Code 3 has been the leader for years. remember the MX7000?

as for the SLR coming out after the Duo.. its 2 different bars, and 2 completely differnt kinda of tech. the Duo isnt really any special kinda bar, it just doubles the amount of LEDs in one lighthead. simple not very hard way to make "dual" color the SLR has diodes that produce 4 colors

you might wanna check your math.. 5 liberty duos for the cost of a single Loaded SLR? yeah not gonna happen.

the functionality of the SLR is what makes it worth the cash.

As for the Randomness of the Code 3 bars, youre basing that off the 2100 Series. which did in fact suck.

Every single bar they they have come out with now are all synced and run actual patterns.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
cory y said:
Please.

Code 3 has been the leader for years. remember the MX7000?

as for the SLR coming out after the Duo.. its 2 different bars, and 2 completely differnt kinda of tech. the Duo isnt really any special kinda bar, it just doubles the amount of LEDs in one lighthead. simple not very hard way to make "dual" color the SLR has diodes that produce 4 colors

you might wanna check your math.. 5 liberty duos for the cost of a single Loaded SLR? yeah not gonna happen.

the functionality of the SLR is what makes it worth the cash.

As for the Randomness of the Code 3 bars, youre basing that off the 2100 Series. which did in fact suck.

Every single bar they they have come out with now are all synced and run actual patterns.

sorry, I'm not sold. The MX was an upgrade of the streethawk (federals ide and very innovative w/ 2 tier lighting). Anything I would put on my vehicle that code 3 makes now (Prizm, the 2x bar etc) are huge $$. The Liberty, in my opinion, wins. Hands down. Easy to maintain, asthetically pleasing, bright and relatively inexpensive compared to fed sig and Code 3. Even the strobe bars are better,again, in my opinion. The SLR is a really nice light but it's a Ferrari. I don't want my state using my tax dollar to buy Ferrari's. Sorry dude. MHQ quote to state municipalities in Massachusetts is 1896.00 for a 14 head liberty, Cencom gold and siren speaker. C'mon. Please is right.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
emtanderson51 said:
sorry, I'm not sold. The MX was an upgrade of the streethawk (federals ide and very innovative w/ 2 tier lighting). Anything I would put on my vehicle that code 3 makes now (Prizm, the 2x bar etc) are huge $$. The Liberty, in my opinion, wins. Hands down. Easy to maintain, asthetically pleasing, bright and relatively inexpensive compared to fed sig and Code 3. Even the strobe bars are better,again, in my opinion. The SLR is a really nice light but it's a Ferrari. I don't want my state using my tax dollar to buy Ferrari's. Sorry dude. MHQ quote to state municipalities in Massachusetts is 1896.00 for a 14 head liberty, Cencom gold and siren speaker. C'mon. Please is right.

The Sound Off Pinnacle is even BETTER than all of the above! haha

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
fireman616wfd said:
The Sound Off Pinnacle is even BETTER than all of the above! haha

Nice little bar with a ton of punch and it's like 500 less than a mini Lib. No center or alley options but for 249.00 you can buy 2! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.