Green Twinsonic lenses

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
This is probably only the fourth of fifth known set still in existence. The price is more than fair to the right collector.

A member here has a standing offer for one at $800 if in new condition: https://elightbars.org/forums/threa...reen-twinsonic-dome-willing-to-pay-800.80157/

Edited to add:

From what I can find, there are eight green TwinSonic lenses known to be held by members here, as follows:

Last edited:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I'm not so sure. To me, it sounds like the green lenses are factory, not homemade. It also sounds to me like the previous owner was unwilling to sell at first.

This green one onto a sorrow,there was clear domes originally,but I asked it and it was made in the factory so!

I believed it this home-made making,but no! :)

Interests exchange,but CTS is not for me bulb,and mount kit for bulb:(...

Green Twinsonic very old,I bought it difficultly,it was not wanted for sale:(

Is one it eBay-en bought FS Signalmaster,You see this on the first picture.the two sides of this Red and Blue,the rest Amber.

Single FS SS2000SM his control unit.

It being extremely fond was very heavy,I bought it before it unfortunately one SS2000 Vision controller,but it did not siren,only if Lightbar Vision is for him...

Source: https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/my-collection-lightbarmarci.17182 posts 7 and 29

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
To me, these look like they have been sprayed with something. Anybody else?

The eBay ones do look a bit off to me - certainly not crystal clear and seem to have a film/glare on top - but couldn’t tell if that was just poor lighting, a photo issue, or what.

... Of course, I also don’t know what a green TS domes is supposed to look like!

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
To me, these look like they have been sprayed with something. Anybody else?
I agree. I call BS. If they were true factory lenses, there would not be a film effect on the lenses.

Let's look at a pair of new lenses from Motorolamaniac's NOS blue/blue 12X Twinsonic
aelb_content.s3.amazonaws.com_2011_07_56068_6354c764e5d3a5d839f4b6ca6a8adab6.jpg
aelb_content.s3.amazonaws.com_2011_07_56070_e97b700f0227a418e2ef17e24faef690.jpg

Smooth as glass, no film sheen

Now, the eBay auction lenses:
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_Bt0AAOSwRLZaecnE_s_l1600.jpg
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_EsoAAOSw5nxaecnV_s_l1600.jpg
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_40gAAOSwi4laecoH_s_l1600.jpg
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_omQAAOSwuXlaecoX_s_l1600.jpg
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_IRoAAOSwhiZaecpx_s_l1600.jpg

Sheen is prevalent. I vote these were custom sprayed but didn't dry effectively for a smooth finish.

Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Maybe someone tried some clear spray paint to hide some imperfections
If they did that, now these ultra rare lenses are ruined and that person is one helluva got-damn idiot :mad:.

Reactions: Tony P

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Figured might as well go to source, so I just sent the seller a message asking for better pics to show transparency and to clarify “sheen”. Asked for some with a light source too. Seller responded quickly and said s/he would send some tomorrow. I’ll ask more “direct” follow up questions if new pics still unclear/questionable. Will post results...

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I agree with that they look spray painted. They have almost a wavy texture look to them that when zooming in on a PC, does not appear to be lighting or scenery/backdrop related. If they were wet from being washed, I would fully expect at least a few water drops on the sidewalk in the picture.

I'll be interested to the seller's response and additional photos.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'm gonna refer to the dome experts on this..
Used domes never get 100% clarity back after a certain level of UV damage.. I can see where it might look like it's spray painted.. but I'm not 100% on this. It would be pretty easy to spot though once you see them in person.

my .02

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
In my opinion these domes are used but not correctly restored.
There become only a simple polish.
The look is the same on some AeroDynic segments . Shiny but not really perfect from the buttom.
This look you get when you restore the domes thoroughly.
(wetsanding with different grids, polish with different materials and the finish)

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Not quite the same, but when I restored a Jetsonic some years ago, that kind of similar "orange peel" feel left by the black spray paint looks to be very similar on these domes.
On some pictures, I kinda see a pooling of paint along dome borders. Look at the ridge line where the speaker cover would be. It seems inequal and interrupted, as if by the paint (?).
I have wet-sanded many domes, some more thoroughly than others, and none were left with this "wavy" effect.
Some say it might depend on the amount of work put to bring these domes back, but I doubt wet-sanding could bring them this way. Domes not "well-restored" still will look smooth in a way that these green ones aren't. To sum-up, never before have I seen the wavy effect described here by other members with or without wet-sanding, excepted when spray-painting domes.

The famous Unity spitfire custom-mades domes seen here and there looks the same upon close-up inspection, and we know these are spray-painted.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Oh, man....sometimes it's just best to leave 'em be and let the buyer do what they want, let 'em roll as is on eBay. Certain compounds have different effects on plastics...

Crud muffins....that's a bummer.

Reactions: cmb56

lightbarmarci

May 4, 2011
Hungary
Hello Everyone...
I am here again...
I have one pair original Twinsonic green domes.
I bought it before to Austria.
I have used domes.I never painted this lenses.This lenses is my not a favorite models.There was no such thing in Hungary.
I'm glad someone is interested :)
Interested change in or I sell :D

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.