Greetings from NY

FCV96

May 8, 2013
Queens, NY
Hello all; I stumbled across this site relatively recently and must commend everyone on forming a wonderful community filled with useful information. I consider myself of a collector of sorts [though an occupation in law enforcement in the future would be great] and currently reside in Queens, NY; gotta love the five boroughs. Though I've always been fascinated with emergency vehicles and lighting, I was only recently able to get into the swing of things with the purchase of a Scientific Prototypes Mark VII siren. In attempting to figure out how exactly to power it [thereby making it more than a simple piece of NYPD memorabilia], I am glad that I came across this forum.

In short; it's nice to be here. :D

DSC_9214.jpg

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC
FCV96 said:
Hello all; I stumbled across this site relatively recently and must commend everyone on forming a wonderful community filled with useful information. I consider myself of a collector of sorts [though an occupation in law enforcement in the future would be great] and currently reside in Queens, NY; gotta love the five boroughs. Though I've always been fascinated with emergency vehicles and lighting, I was only recently able to get into the swing of things with the purchase of a Scientific Prototypes Mark VII siren. In attempting to figure out how exactly to power it [thereby making it more than a simple piece of NYPD memorabilia], I am glad that I came across this forum.

In short; it's nice to be here. :D

View attachment 51470

Welcome pilgrim! Enjoy the show.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Welcome to ELB! Hopefully you enjoy your time here, and make good use of the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anytime :thumbsup:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Welcome from upstate Essex County. :D

Todd

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Hello. Welcome to ELB from Tompkins county.

FCV96

May 8, 2013
Queens, NY
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone. It is quite refreshing to see members from places which I've been as opposed to just being able to identify on a map. :D

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Welcome from Saratoga County.My Dept may be in Suffolk County next weekend for a parade via Island Park FD :)

We invited them up here in Feb for our installation banquet.Our Dept was down there providing coverage in IPFD district so the guys could take care of recovery after Hurricane Sandy.

FCV96

May 8, 2013
Queens, NY
lotsofbars said:
Welcome from Manhattan! Good luck with that old SP siren, I love old NYPD equipment!

Agreed; there's just something about that distinctive sound that makes me smile. The uniqueness of the lightbars, among other pieces of equipment, have always impressed me as well.

---

Again, to all subsequent and previous replies - thanks for the incredibly warm welcome! ^_^

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.