Halogen wig wag to LED

adamreeher

Jan 10, 2015
Northwest Pennsylvania
Hello,

My fire department is working to replace halogen and strobe emergency lights on all apparatus with LED. Currently working on a '93 KME Renegade. I'm trying to find some sort of conversion bracket for the 4x6 halogen wig wags above the headlights. If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

-Adam

Attachments

• 383 front.png
    383 front.png
    359.9 KB · Views: 14

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
You'll need something like the Whelen 6EHDLTMK. Here's a post from a few years back where I recommended the same kit for someone looking to replace Code 3 Oscilasers in similar headlight mounts with Whelen 600-series LED lightheads:

If you go with Whelen 600-series lightheads, be sure to order an equal number of 6EHDLTMK. The 6EHDLTMK is a bracket that allows a 600-series lighthead to be mounted in the headlight housing, in the place where the Oscilaser was. This comes as a result of the Oscilaser having its own housing that replaces the headlight bucket and aiming hardware.

Here's a working URL for the 2013 version of the Whelen Lighthead Mounting Catalog: http://www.mobilefleet.com/_literature_166455/Whelen_Lighthead_Mounting_Catalog

The 6EHDLTMK is listed on page 2 of the catalog, or page 3 of the PDF.

The current Whelen Automotive Warning Equipment price list is here: http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/PriceLists/01_Automotive_Price_List-18.1.pdf

The 6EHDLTMK is listed on page 7 of the price list, or page 10 of the PDF, and has a list price of $31.50. You should be able to get it from your dealer for about $18.90. From the photo, it looks like you will need four.

It has been a few years since I have installed lightheads using this kit, but please feel free to let me know if you need any help.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.