Help Deciding Please.

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
So i have the options of either a Whelen 8 Head Liberty with the rear being amber for traffic advisor and 3rd brake light avenger OR a fully populated liberty red/blue all the way around and a lower 8 head inner-edge all amber for traffic advisor.....This will be going into a CVPI. Well i cant decide so i need a little help on this one.

Thanks in advance.

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
I would go with option one. Not a big fan of TA's being down low (ie rear deck). But thats just me, you do what you wont to do!!!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Option 1 as well, better 24 hour visability. A liberty by it's self is 100% effective, and adding the deck lights will give you a better side street/DWI testing option without over kill. Plus an arrow needs to be as high up as possible for better distance.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I like the idea of the fully populated Liberty, so long as you have all the reds on one side and the blue on the other side and flash them alternately (mixing them together gives you the purple effect). Having the inner edge for traffic advisor is great and all (or just more warning in a third color), but the Liberty with built in traffic advisor would do just fine (so long as it's a newer model with that option).

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
I would so much rather have the second one because you are having more leds and more light heads going on instead of just limited ones with option . Something you might think about is doing the on the second one is doing amber in the back instead of red/blue and then do the inner edge with red/blue. Ideally you would want to have the amber as high as possible. Also i think 8 lightheads in a liberty is just not going to work it's just not enough light. Of course just what i think and i hope that this helps.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Alovebaby41 said:
I would so much rather have the second one because you are having more leds and more light heads going on instead of just limited ones with option .
I would use option one for precisely the same reason. Cop cars these days use entirely too many lights.

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
love the second option and the Florida DOT Officers have that setup on their new CVPI's with the inner edge and lightbar synched and boy let me tell you it's sweet :p

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Alovebaby41 said:
Also i think 8 lightheads in a liberty is just not going to work it's just not enough light.

:| :?:

Really??

How much is enough then? :?

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
rwo978 said:
:| :?:

Really??

How much is enough then? :?

I think he took it as there was only going to be 8 heads in the whole bar, and what i meant by 8 heads is 8 in the back including the corners and 8 heads in the front including the the corners for a total of 16.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Scoops said:
So i have the options of either a Whelen 8 Head Liberty with the rear being amber for traffic advisor and 3rd brake light avenger OR a fully populated liberty red/blue all the way around and a lower 8 head inner-edge all amber for traffic advisor.....This will be going into a CVPI. Well i cant decide so i need a little help on this one.

Thanks in advance.

i honestly dont think u'll go wrong with either (not to mention the fact that you're lucky enough to have options for your patrol car). i personally prefer option 2 and think that a half blue and half red lightbar with a separate T/A would be better. a buddy of mine's cvpi has a liberty with a rear amber traffic advisor built-in and he only uses the amber on V&T's b/c he hates the flashing amber blurring with the r/b corners and wishes that his crown vic had the T/A on the rear deck like the other units in the dept.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Scoops said:
I think he took it as there was only going to be 8 heads in the whole bar, and what i meant by 8 heads is 8 in the back including the corners and 8 heads in the front including the the corners for a total of 16.
Well now knowing that there will be a fully populated bar then it makes sense too go with option 1 but if you read the original post the way he makes it sound as if 8 heads in the total bar and then he second option said FULLY POPULATED why didn't he just say FULLY POPULATED for both of them? and really his question is just inner edge ta or 3rd brake light avenger.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
My 08 CVPI had a fully populated liberty and thats it (department wouldn't let us add lights) and it worked fine for me. Mine was red/blue in the front and it had the arrow stick with red and blue ends.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Gotcha

Just thought, "a full liberty not enough.... wow" :eek: :shock: :lol:

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
id go for the liberty with the TA, i agree that police cars are being put out there with to many lights, and that your TA should be as high as possible, using the fully populated liberty with the lower inner edge would be IMO to much lighting to the rear and just to much going on back there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.