Help identifying Code 3 modules sold by BMW for police motorcycle use

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
I'm hoping to source some Code 3 LED-X modules that mount inside the OEM BMW lightpods on the R1200RT-P (2015 and newer) without paying BMW Motorcycle retail prices.

I've always been a Whelen person, so I have no idea if these are standard Code 3 modules, or whether they are special built for BMW. I'm thinking that these might be normal modules that have their own Code 3 P/N, but don't have any clue.

The BMW part numbers and descriptions are as follows:

63172361720 - K59 LEDX EMERGENCY LIGHT AMB

63172361718 - K59 LEDX EMERGENCY LIGHT RED

Based on the image I have, they look like standard(ish) LED-X modules mounted on a short L bracket, with a 2 conductor lead going to a small white plug. This is plugged into an external flasher module that also appears to be manufactured by Code 3 for BMW.

I will have access to the bike in the the next few weeks, but didn't want to have to wait until then get started or see if there was anything stamped on them that might provide info.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks!

-Zoe

Attachments

• Code 3 Closeup.png
    Code 3 Closeup.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
And here is another photo, showing the lens of the module (if that helps you Code 3 folks). They are the ones at the level sitting just above the blue "ID" lights.

Attachments

• BMW_Rear_Pod_Light.jpg.png
    BMW_Rear_Pod_Light.jpg.png
    579.5 KB · Views: 7

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
For your information Code 3 cannot sell these to any distributor or end user. Under strict licensing agreement Code 3 builds them for BMW and BMW is the only company to sell them. Of course now and then something slips through the cracks and others might be able to get their hands on some for resale. BUT if BMW was to find out their maybe consequences.

Reactions: CHP_fan_3192

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.