Help me build Security patrol vehicles

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
2 Whelen wecan bars with green corners, amber inboards, led td/al and 8 vertexes in white....pm me if interested in a price..It's a LOT less than you would think. Thanks, Steve

prestonlightbar1

Jan 20, 2013
North Texas
You could always just put a mini bar with an 8 head dominator in the back windshield and have vertex's in the front and back lamps. I would use a Whelen PCC-S9R controller to control everything.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
prestonlightbar1 said:
You could always just put a mini bar with an 8 head dominator in the back windshield and have vertex's in the front and back lamps. I would use a Whelen PCC-S9R controller to control everything.

I dont think they want mini-bars

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I would go with a G/A pinnacle and a pair of amber N-force on a rear LP bracket and call it a day; I think that would be more than sufficient

BTW, is it just me or do others think it's funny when security companies get new chargers or (in this case) new police interceptors, when a ford escape hybrid, or even a Prius, could probably take care of them just fine, since it's not like they're going to be doing any high speed chases.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
pdk9 said:
I would go with a G/A pinnacle and a pair of amber N-force on a rear LP bracket and call it a day; I think that would be more than sufficient

BTW, is it just me or do others think it's funny when security companies get new chargers or (in this case) new police interceptors, when a ford escape hybrid, or even a Prius, could probably take care of them just fine, since it's not like they're going to be doing any high speed chases.

I have suggested Escapes also and they are being considered. I would never ever consider or even pitch a hybrid.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
FireEMSPolice said:
I have suggested Escapes also and they are being considered. I would never ever consider or even pitch a hybrid.

how about the Escape Hybrid?

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Storm4200 said:
how about the Escape Hybrid?

Did you even read what you quoted?

FireEMSPolice said:

Hybrids are not being considered or entertained..never..ever.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Don't forget about Code3. They have the Defender and RX2700 with Multicolor modules that will accomplish exactly what you want. If you go with a full Multicolor bar you can steadyburn the entire front of the bar in white for flood lighting and the 2700 is less expensive than the Liberty Duo.

Use a Z3 siren and C3100 speaker. The C3100 is a composite housed speaker with a 5 year warranty.

Code 3 Police > RX 2700CC MC

Code 3 Police > Z3 Siren

Code 3 Police > C3100 Series Speaker

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
And to all of you suggesting an Escape Hybrid, or even the standard Escape, have you ever serviced one after it goes in service? They turn to crap real fast. I have two agencies that used them and will never buy them again.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Ive never had issues with Escapes.

That all said, there are only 2 choices and again, nowhere does it say hybrid. Lets please not derail my thread. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
FireEMSPolice said:
Ive never had issues with Escapes.

That all said, there are only 2 choices and again, nowhere does it say hybrid. Lets please not derail my thread. Thanks!

Sorry :)

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
pdk9 said:

While I see your point about the Charger, I think a PI utility is a smart choice for security. The guards need the same space and durability as a LEO so it's an appropriate vehicle. You don't need to do high speed chases to justify the use of a police package vehicle, indeed the extra capability is a safety benefit even if the performance isn't used.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
So what are you looking at so far?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
The 2700s are great bars, especially the multicolor versions.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
SafetyLighting said:
Just have to know who to ask. :)

Just one bar or maybe more?

The plan right now is for 4 cars, but I am still waiting to iron out a few issues so I dont know if that may drop. I am thinking of just doing green all together. We will see. I would have hoped to be further along here but we are stalled at this point. I am trying to keep costs low, and I know green is pricy so I dont want to add to costs by doing multicolor.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.