Holy sync, Batman! - Halton Regional EMS

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
From what I've seen on YouTube, it looks like some parts of Canadia have a strict rule that all EMS vehicles always have red and white lights, all the time. I don't know for sure whether they turn off the white lights when stopped. Maybe you disapprove of white to the rear (like I do) but there's still some logic in "this color combination always means it's this type of vehicle."  Classy graphics too.

Last edited by a moderator:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Doesn't the CHP now employ a super-simple left/right red/blue flash pattern? I think they go all-red steady to the front when in park.
They do, but they're the same agency that considers a single red light to the front to be adequate warning. Not saying that all CHP vehicles are underlit, but I'm underwhelmed whenever I see them. 

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
They do, but they're the same agency that considers a single red light to the front to be adequate warning. Not saying that all CHP vehicles are underlit, but I'm underwhelmed whenever I see them. 
I've never really considered the steady-burn red as intended for warning as much as a "directive" to other motorists.

Reactions: JennyCop

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
It's been years and years since they've actually used that on their front-line cars. More recently they went as far as actually using two.

Reactions: Doug and lotsofbars

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I like the slow alternating pattern, I also agree on no white to the rear. So I have never seen an ambulance bus, is that like a mobile hospital or what? lots of space. Looks cool but what is its purpose?

I've never really considered the steady-burn red as intended for warning as much as a "directive" to other motorists.
^ This is exactly right!  The front steady burn red is NOT intended for warning, it is a "directive" (Stop! and or Make way!). The flashing rear amber is inteded for warning (Caution)!

It's been years and years since they've actually used that on their front-line cars. More recently they went as far as actually using two.
Lol here is a pic of the two!

12-chp93frt.jpg

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Here's sync on a bus;

Wut?

I have to ask about the need for an EMS Ambulance Bus...  I could understand maybe a mass-casualty incident, but this just seems unnecessary.  Maybe someone can clarify? lol

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wut?

I have to ask about the need for an EMS Ambulance Bus...  I could understand maybe a mass-casualty incident, but this just seems unnecessary.  Maybe someone can clarify? lol
They are not uncommon in many major EMS systems.  They can be anything from a multi person triage center to a communications hub to a rehab facility.  The concept has been around in New York, Toronto and other major US and Canadian cities for a long time.  

5f2ea0e5ec224789e810d51f840d4e82.jpg

bwus.JPG

Merv Interior Pat Guerrero.jpg

BusFleet.jpg

MERV_4 2009.jpg

3428547195_fe508f2f06_b.jpg

2011-11-02-bus.jpg

York-EMS-multi-patient-bus-exterior-01.jpg

MobileCommandPost.jpg

Reactions: tsquale

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Ontario EMS has very strict rules when it comes to equipment and lighting. All governed under the Ontario Ambulance Act. White to the rear has been in use for over 20 years (since I was in EMS).

I know of one FD/EMS chief in southern Ontario who had a Whelen Liberty on his SUV with a non sync flash pattern. Since he was also the EMS chief he ran ALS calls as part of his duties. When he had his mandatory annual inspection the Ontario Ministry of Health inspector almost pulled his licence due to non compliance on that SUV

Toronto EMS has run buses for 25+ years and has a fuel fleet of support vehicles as well

Ben

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
That Bus responding Code 3 is actually called the "Boulder Bus" it responds to boulders location when ever he needs Mt Dew and Ritos and also checks his vitals and such. It's fully staffed with Taco Bell staff and even has a RN nurse and a team of Mexican Certified Nurses Assistants to rotate him from his chair at work as to get the blood moving on his buttock.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.