In a bit of a jam deciding on something....

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I've been thinking about this for most of the day, & can't seem to totally make up my mind.

I bought 3 lightbars a few weeks ago & sold 2 of them & did well enough on them that I'm still $50 ahead of the game AND still have the 3rd lightbar left.

A friend of mine wanted to trade me a beautiful 47" AeroTwin with X-mirrors for the 3rd lightbar & I turned it down... figuring my 3rd lightbar would be easier to move than the Aerotwin.

He asked me to sell the bar & / or domes- together or seperate, but my idea is I'd LOVE to sell the domes, give him the money from the dome sale, buy the bar & make the NYPD version.

I DO like the Aerotwin but not in its' current state.... which means I'd have to buy new domes at over $200, find some "V" mirrors & add the flasher assemblies & bulbs (which I have).

The lightbar my friend wants is a nice D-Tech Excalibur w/arrow; which I figure is worth around $250.

Here is a picture of the Aerotwin:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx143/ChargerLighting2/th_rrat1.jpg[/URL]

The domes are almost new:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx143/ChargerLighting2/rrat4.jpg[/URL]

I don't know if I answered my own question or what, its' been a long day...

Thoughts?

If it helps I have an NYPD Aerotwin already & don't really need a 2nd, but, nice 47" Aerotwins aren't exactly easy to find either...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I would not take a nice medium size Aerotwin with the X mirrors and convert it to a NYPD bar as there seems to be plenty of NYPD bars or poor condition Aerotwins available for conversion.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.