Jetsonic with ArrowStik (TX) mount questions

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
Does anyone have any information as to how the Code 3 10-head ArrowStik was secured/mounted to the roof of the 80's-90's TX Police vehicles?

I'm having a hard time finding info on this subject matter.

I have seen multiple images online of in-service period images with the ArrowStik on the roof next to (behind) the Jetsonic, but can't make out how that ArrowStik is actually secured/mounted.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I seem to remember that we used 2 "L" brackets. They were mounted in the bottom
grove of the Jet bar, same grove used for the mounting feet.
I'm sure one of our members will come up with a pic :)

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
I seem to remember that we used 2 "L" brackets. They were mounted in the bottom
grove of the Jet bar, same grove used for the mounting feet.
I'm sure one of our members will come up with a pic :)

Hi Pete!

Thanks for the reply!

So was the "L" the link between the 2 bars and somehow secured the ArrowStik to the Jetsonic? Do you happen to recall the size or width of the L? Was the ArrowStik "floating" above the roof (no feet or pedestals)?

Yes, I hope someone has some pics or maybe even a drawing of sorts to help me to understand how the ArrowStik was secured to the roof top/Jetsonic...

I can find pics online of time period in-service vehicles, but nothing close up and I can't see anything behind or between the 2 lightbars from any of those images.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Yes, the ArrowStik was attached to the Jet bar and not the roof. I remember that the
bracket was about 2.5 or 3 inches wide but I don't remember if it bent up or down to
attach to the rear of the ArrowStik.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
I got today a ArrowStik with the original (at least that's what it looks like) Code3 Brackets.
IMG_6080b.jpg
They are abaout 3-3/4"x1-3/4"

I don't know if they used them or if they made some custom ones.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
This is from the factory, so all Federal Signal (powered by a Smart Siren). Standard bracket attached to the channel.

If it was a Jet-series with a Code3 arrow there is no telling... sounds like someone was trying to upgrade with parts to look modern like this Fort Worth unit.

Attachments

• 20231108_084441.jpg
    20231108_084441.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231108_084551.jpg
    20231108_084551.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231108_084650.jpg
    20231108_084650.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: Cxp20338

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
Thanks for the replies.

This is what I’m working with as a reference for my restoration to be 1993 period correct. These are actual images from the 1990’s showing TX used the Jetsonic w/ Code 3 ArrowStik. The images are of (4) different 1993 patrol units.
IMG_3791.jpegIMG_3790.jpegIMG_3184.pngIMG_3154.pngIMG_3155.png

I just cannot see how Fleet Services did the AS mount to the Jetsonic in those 90’s images above. That’s also why I couldn’t tell if there were small bumper feet or pedestals under the AS, because it’s pretty close to the roof top.

With the images posted above by Benno and TDC, I now understand there was L brackets coming off of the ArrowStik.

@Pete L.
Thanks for the additional insight on the brackets!

@TDC
Where on the Jet did the AS bracket get secured (it’s hard to tell from the (3) close up images supplied of the Jetsonics). Was there a rail or plate under the Jet and the installer just screwed the brackets from the AS into the Jet?

@Benno
Thanks for the measurements of the bracket! Is the 1 3/4” the height of the end where I see the (2) bolts securing it at the ArrowStik?

Was the total brackets used just (2)? That’s enough to support it?

I just recently was able to get the correct Code 3 ArrowStik from Jmarico1. I’m still searching for a Jetsonic that is configured close to the above images. So I’m just trying to get everything laid out and in order so I know how to do the mount from AS to the Jet.

Last edited:

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
@Benno
Thanks for the measurements of the bracket! Is the 1 3/4” the height of the end where I see the (2) bolts securing it at the ArrowStik?

Was the total brackets used just (2)? That’s enough to support it?
Yes, thats the height. Forgot the width: 2-1/2"

Yes, as far as I know, only 2 brackets were used.

Reactions: Pete L.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
"Where on the Jet did the AS bracket get secured (it’s hard to tell from the (3) close up images supplied of the Jetsonics). Was there a rail or plate under the Jet and the installer just screwed the brackets from the AS into the Jet?"

The mounting feet channel, with appropriate sized carriage bolts, mount the arrow brackets to the base of this JetStream.

Code3 PSE became the apparent supplier after Governor Richards took office in 1991 and the LE budget was frozen or cut ... hence the less expensive LP6000 light bars and equipment that followed ... like that add on.

JetSonic typically came with an insert, like a plastic tube, that filled the foot channel void between the mounting feet ... maybe part of the aerodynamic design styling.
So, on a JetSonic, you would need to remove at least one dome and one foot to pull that out to either make the void accessible and/or trim the tube to fit between the bracket bolts.

Reactions: Pete L.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.