Lakeshore Emergency Outfitters: UPDATE: 10/26/2012 2013 Ford Interceptor

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Finally got the go ahead to upfit the Ford Sedan.

Front Lighting:
(2) LINZ6 Blue
(2) LINZ6 White
(2) Vertex White
Half Inner Edge Blue

Side Lighting:
Vehicle specific IONs Blue

Rear Lighting:
Remounted Whelen Dominator: 6 Lamp TA, R/B End Flasher
(2) Vertex Red (not installed yet)

Siren:
Remounted FedSig SmartSiren

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8189_8125691075_2ba825e960.jpg
2013 Ford Interceptor by alundborg, on Flickr

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8045_8125711902_14bdaa27a5.jpg
2013 Ford Interceptor by alundborg, on Flickr

https://youtu.be/JWv3bAgeAr0

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
As always love the sync. But also really like the "all on" flash pattern of the 1/2 visor light, smart move and looks great. Is this a Michigan car, if so is blue their color? Great looking install.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Rusted413 said:
As always love the sync. But also really like the "all on" flash pattern of the 1/2 visor light, smart move and looks great. Is this a Michigan car, if so is blue their color? Great looking install.

I was very happy with the output of the visor light in this pattern. Its pretty boring to look at up close but packs a punch from a distance. It is the 3-LED version and I have it set up with 2-TIR/3-LIN optics on the lightheads. Not shown in the video is the single head in the visor light that will steady burn. They wanted that feature to use as an ID light on scene.

The car is assigned to an admin at a county agency here in Michigan. All of theie road patrol cars use a mixture of red and blue and admin/command/db cars use primarily blue.

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
I'm loving the Silver Lake State Park Ranger truck!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
beautiful work, love the 250 you did. My one and only "issue" is on the "moving mode" w/ the flashing white, I would have liked to see the grille lights synced up so the top red and bottom white were in sync alternating against the middle red, like so:

X O

O X

X O

But it's an amazing setup otherwise. The Admin car is also great! :thumbsup:

firedogg2

Nov 1, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
I just went through your thread today for the first time. Man awesome work! I have to say I'm very jealous, you get to work on some cool projects with what looks like to be big budgets. The F-250 freekin bad ass!!! Keep it up man. I love it all.

Casey

Storm82

Dec 16, 2014
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
Nice work Andy, I like the Interceptor, very simple, and as usual the Raptor is one of my favorites.

On another note, I like those Blue Sea fuse blocks, may have to check them out for my next install.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
My 'regular job' career path has taken me in a slightly different direction so I'm not able to focus on installs anymore like I use to. But, I get to play a bit here and there still.  This is a 2014 Ford Raptor SVT that I finished up awhile ago but haven't been able to post.  Just a quick video.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=900269150016768
Did they buy another Raptor for Silver Lake?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Andy, that is another crazy awesome install. I can't imagine what it must be like up front (in person) having all that flood lighting flashing in your face

Where'd you get the clear whelen faceplate for the custom console? Was that something else from whelen that you trimmed to fit in there?

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Did they buy another Raptor for Silver Lake?

There are two SVT's assigned to Silver Lake now, a '13 and '14.  They are by far the best vehicle ever used for a patrol there.  The old Tahoes were lucky to last three seasons before major repairs were needed. The SVT's haven't had any major issued to date other than an unlucky deer one night. 

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Andy, that is another crazy awesome install. I can't imagine what it must be like up front (in person) having all that flood lighting flashing in your face

Where'd you get the clear whelen faceplate for the custom console? Was that something else from whelen that you trimmed to fit in there?

The faceplate was a custom idea.  I can't take credit for the work though.  It was just a piece of plastic with a W decal and a sand blaster.  It looked cool but have since switched to a  Jotto (I think) that is made specific for the SVT's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.