Lets see pictures of custom lights/lightbars [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
Corbin, Kentucky
Okay, after weeks of work here it is, My custom made Sho-me mini led lightbar.

Has Knockoff Tir 4s in the front.

And some sort of knock off lights that where give to me in the sides and rear, I'll get some video of it up maybe tomorrow night.

Yeah and the tape will be taken off the one light in the front, forgot to remove it before the dome was screwed down, he had it on the inside and was taped off in an effort to reduce flashback.

moto_0230.jpg

moto_0233.jpg

moto_0232.jpg

moto_0231.jpg

Okay here is a short video.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Well here's my bar whelen mini 9m led lin 6,lin 3's in the front all red all the way around.Strobes on both sides and in the back eventually gonna put some amber lin 6 in the middle rear when I get some more money..I did put 4 new 95 lb magnets on, there are 3 other small mags on the bottom as well gonna replace them as soon as I get the time. Sorry guys i dont have a rear pic I'll try to upload a pic later

View attachment PIC_0013[1].jpg

LightBars4Sale.com

Dec 9, 2010
Norton Ohio 44203
cpdchief said:
And my very own! This uses Whelen 700 series and Tomar RECT34 LEDs. They are all independent. I'm debating on whether to add a flasher or not in the future. As of now, the bar is only half done as I have only completed the front. The rear still has the original strobes. Complete with a Barker's beauty! Video to follow soon!
ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii237_cpdchief_Jet_20LED_100_1791.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii237_cpdchief_Jet_20LED_100_1790.jpg

seeing this bar - in the second pic - has anyone ever done a mini "roto-ray" in a bar?

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Here's a Jet that I am building. I've had the modules but couldn't decide on a good frame until I saw the Jet projects earlier in this thread. It's my own version of the Jet Solaris haha. All the heads are blue except for 4 amber to the rear. You can see how I was going to mount the end modules but I couldn't get them lined up, so I'm going to mount them to a flat "L" plate/bracket and then mount the whole assembly to the aluminum tube. I still need to wire the bar; I think I'm going to put a ULF44 in it. Everything will be grounded to the frame to simplify the process. I'm at a standstill until every opens back up from the New Years' holiday.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_001_3.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_002_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_003_3.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_004_3.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_005_2.jpg

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
theroofable said:
What kind of modules are they? Looks nice, takedowns or alleys? A ULF44 would go nice with that bar, I always liked their flash patterns.

They are 6-diode Federal Signal Solaris modules from Arjents. I don't have any TDs or alleys in it because this will be used for a fire dept. POV, either mine or someone else's. There is definitely room for them, I would just need to move some of the modules around. I know a guy with a pair of MR11s out of a Justice that we replaced with LR11s, so if those fit they might go in.

I also have a 12 inch MicroMan bar that I might put in facing up, to create a blue glow in the bar. I thought that would be a cool touch.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
The bar is getting there...almost done. I have a ULF44 in the mail that should pretty much finish it. Notice how I mounted the end modules.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_004_4.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_005_3.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_006_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_007_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_008_3.jpg

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Stupid question, but do the Jet domes still fit with the corners like that? Looks like its' close is all.

I know the factory setup is front, rear & side modules with nothing angled.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
ChargerLighting said:
Stupid question, but do the Jet domes still fit with the corners like that? Looks like its' close is all.
I know the factory setup is front, rear & side modules with nothing angled.

If they didn't fit I wouldn't be able to get the domes on. I was going to do it like the factory but it looked better to angle them. The factory uses different modules for the ends.

sbparkcop said:
Are you going to install any sort of alley lights?

I might put in some MR11s. I realize that there is a decent space between the modules but this will most likely be used for vol. FD POV, so alleys aren't really needed.

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
philyumpshus said:
If they didn't fit I wouldn't be able to get the domes on. I was going to do it like the factory but it looked better to angle them. The factory uses different modules for the ends.

I might put in some MR11s. I realize that there is a decent space between the modules but this will most likely be used for vol. FD POV, so alleys aren't really needed.

You could always go with a 4" Microman stick just to give it that extra bump of light to the sides

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
ark_firefighter said:
You could always go with a 4" Microman stick just to give it that extra bump of light to the sides

There's not enough room. I plan on selling the bar when it's complete so I don't really care about completely loading it with lights. The side coverage is very good as it is there is just a gap between the lights.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
The Jet bar isn't done yet, but who cares- let's start another project! I had these old beacons and the StreetHog lying around so I figured I would make a custom StrobeHawk. I put in 2" bolts that thread into the base of the lightbar and sandwich the beacons between the head of the bolt and a nut, thus raising them to the proper height. I'm also polishing all the domes of the Hawk and adding a FedSig whip that I have. Here are some pics of my "StrobeHawk."

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_020_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_021.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_022.jpg

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
The flasher came today so the Jet is DONE! Here's a video, sorry about the quality but I had to compress it.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_JetSolaris_0002.jpg

If you're interested, it's for sale!

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
I have seen a couple people do the "varjent" lightbars and thought it would be a fun first build. It took me about 2 months to figure out how to set up the bar and get enough funds to buy the parts for it. I started with a lower vista frame and lower domes. I stripped a few parts out of the vista that was on my truck at the time. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would be and is very very bright I think. It was kind of difficult because Fedsig discontinued most of the mounting hardware for the Leds, so I had to fabricate my own out of aluminum. I am open to suggestions on any changes that could be made.

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_VarjentProject.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0011.jpg

Front of the bar ( 2 Tomar Rect 14's, 4 Rect 13's, flashing takedowns)

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0006.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0007.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0008.jpg

Rear of the bar ( 2 Tomar Rect 13's, 2 Soundoff Lin 3's, 4 Federal signal LEDs)

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0005.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s305_wolfy089_IMG_0009.jpg

Videos:

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/wolfy089/?action=view&current=MVI_0011.mp4

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/wolfy089/?action=view&current=MVI_0010.mp4

chief230

Dec 17, 2010
Mansfield, PA
philyumpshus

Nice job on the Jet. I am working on a vector project for my sons truck. I have 18 of the solaris units that I will be placing in the pods. Some are already set up so I only have to place the pods. I have been trying to decide what flasher to use and how to control it. I am considering the ULF44 and the soundoff 12 outlet unit. I have a couple of questions if you would not mind. 1. How did you switch the ULF44? 2. How do you change patterns?. 3. The solairs units have three wires I think the third is for sync. It appears that you did not use the third wire. Is that correct? Any help would be appriciated. I also did another vector for me. I puchased a used raydian with the cuda lights and was able to mount the units and used the control unit from the bar. I will try to post some photos and video of it latter.

Thanks

Chief230

chief230

Dec 17, 2010
Mansfield, PA
This is my Custom Vetor LED. The Vector was dead and I found a Federal raydian Cuda. I was able to fabricate brackets to attach the cuda units. I also untilized the hot feet and the power unit. I used a SM2000 for the controller. Sorry for the poor photos as it has not been above freezing for several weeks. I am trying to post a video but am having trouble.

I also will be starting to build another vector for my sons truck. It will use 18 solaris units I found on Ebay. I think I will use a ULF44 but have not figured out what to use for switches. I will try to post more photos and video when I fugure out how.

HPIM1711.jpgView attachment 3700View attachment 3699

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
chief230 said:
This is my Custom Vetor LED. The Vector was dead and I found a Federal raydian Cuda. I was able to fabricate brackets to attach the cuda units. I also untilized the hot feet and the power unit. I used a SM2000 for the controller. Sorry for the poor photos as it has not been above freezing for several weeks. I am trying to post a video but am having trouble.

I also will be starting to build another vector for my sons truck. It will use 18 solaris units I found on Ebay. I think I will use a ULF44 but have not figured out what to use for switches. I will try to post more photos and video when I fugure out how.

I like the addition of the hotfoot mounts... like on the new SL vector...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
triton911bj and I just built this bar for a friend of ours. It's a custom 3-Pod Mini Vector, but instead of going all LED, we left the center pod a fast rotator and made the outer 2 pods LED... We forgot to take pics of the actual build, but here are a few of the finished product.

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligd145a70a1084ae9028ade8a37a3dc424.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lige2b91720e6abe1dd1a978e6f85df8402.jpg

I got the LED Pods off of eBay, and triton911bj for the LED Flasher. Its a Sho Me 11.1005.SF. And it's almost like this flasher was mad to go inside a Vector. It fits nice and snug in the center "chanel" inside the frame.

I'll be taking some videos tomorrow with my new digital camcorder, so stay tuned...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Someone should start a custom dash light thread i think that would be cool.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Might want to polish the blue dome on that mini Vector, looking pretty cloudy (or just get a new one, they're not expensive)

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Station 3, although it wasn't technically a dash light, no one could come up with anything to beat the late Darrell Wilson's strobe/LED creation from a Whelen Flatlighter. He made it back about 5 years ago, shortly before he passed away, and it looked factory original. I'm sure someone can probably post a pic from their collection or any of the previous board's archives.

This creation isn't dash related either, but I've seen a few Whelen 8 head traffic advisor frames that have been converted to either all strobe, using series 52 or 500 modules, or all LED, using TIR6 modules, and they were used in a back deck.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I think i saw that strobe/led flatlighter your talking about 03crownvic and it was sweeeeet

wx8sky

May 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
philyumpshus said:
The bar is getting there...almost done. I have a ULF44 in the mail that should pretty much finish it. Notice how I mounted the end modules.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_004_4.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_005_3.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_006_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_007_2.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm293_philyumpshus_th_008_3.jpg

I did the exact same thing with a jetstrobe bar, but did not angle the ends. 16 strobes/3 power supplies - and still had the TD/AL/RF. I sure wish I still had that picture!

signal12

May 22, 2010
long island new york
further experimenting with the rotating strobes. although hard to see in the vid, 2 of the rotating fresnal lenses are 3 colors and 2 are two colors. one of them is 50% blue 25% white and 25% red. the other is 50% red with 25% white and 25% blue. the two color ones are 50/50. wish there was a better way to shoot a vid that can clearly show how it actually looks. the camera does not catch all the flashes and makes it appear to be operating erraically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXICs7pXhBo

and on another note.... those are some awesome bars being shown in this thread. keep at it!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
signal12 said:
further experimenting with the rotating strobes. although hard to see in the vid, 2 of the rotating fresnal lenses are 3 colors and 2 are two colors. one of them is 50% blue 25% white and 25% red. the other is 50% red with 25% white and 25% blue. the two color ones are 50/50. wish there was a better way to shoot a vid that can clearly show how it actually looks. the camera does not catch all the flashes and makes it appear to be operating erraically.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXICs7pXhBo

and on another note.... those are some awesome bars being shown in this thread. keep at it!

My camera takes much better videos of strobes in the dark, so you might want to consider turning off the lights and covering up the window for the next video.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
while this isnt too spectacular of a bar it will fit the need,

This was made to go on the roof of my brothers k-5 blazer, he wanted some decent flood lights for off road use.

I had a few old Mx bars that weren't worth fixing, so we gutted the top half and loaded it up with takedowns, I set the bar up so it would be mounted backwards, we kept the 2 intersection sweeps, (amber bulbs) and 1 pair of front flashers w/ amber filters,

here is how its set up

Front 6 takedown assy's, 2 amber flashers

Rear 4 takedown assys, 2 rear corner sweeps

The Sides have 1 standard alley light mounted at a 45* angle (slightly trimmed the mounting bracket) , and 1 arrowstick alley light mount upside down, these point straight out to the sides

Here are a few pics of the corners of the bar, the tops will retain the black mid plates and the metal louvered pieces, I still have to locate the clear 2100 domes for the outboard sections

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_th_mx7100_2.jpg_2c1b418a3d0f1ca068beea00b2156028.jpg

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_th_mx7100.jpg_2c1b418a3d0f1ca068beea00b2156028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.