Lifetime LED Lights Headlight Replacement Bulbs

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
HILO said:
His FB page says they are DOT certified. Seeing how I do my own State Inspections, I'm tempted to order a pair for my Bonneville.

Is he looking for dealers in DFW? Maybe I'd demo a pair!

9005 LED headlights

Lifetime's page also say (the one I linked) they are "DOT certified".

Reactions: twon96

MAPMFF86

Jul 1, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Woah, pretty cool idea. I've got a pair of Sylvania Silverstar ultras in my Silverado now, have been using the Silverstar line for a while now and really like them, that said certainly interested to see some members here get these installed and see how they work out, as regular lights as well as with a HLF....hmm maybe a Christmas present for myself if these things really turn out to be as good as they seem to be!

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
I have to agree with a few others here on this post that if you put a completely different aftermarket technology light source in place of an OEM bulb then you are going to have issues since the OEM reflector was not designed for the new light dispersal pattern the new light source creates. Take a look at the old Acura RL or the 1st gen Toyota Prius with the rare reflector-style HIDs and you will notice baffles to block the light from the lower half of the reflector as well as tighter reflector ribs to concentrate the beam.

I highly doubt these bulbs could ever receive proper SAE certifications unless they were sold with matching reflector buckets or full headlamps that allowed them to function properly when installed and operated as a matched set.

Not not trying to be Debbie Downer here but I'm tired of getting blinded by idiots putting illegal PnP HIDs in their OEM headlights and blinding the crap out of me. While I fully support the wave of the future with LEDs being used in increasingly more applications, I don't support cheating the system by playing "dumb" and running around saying "oh I didn't know that was blinding you. ":rolleyes:

Reactions: WS224

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
WireKing said:
I have to agree with a few others here on this post that if you put a completely different aftermarket technology light source in place of an OEM bulb then you are going to have issues since the OEM reflector was not designed for the new light dispersal pattern the new light source creates. Take a look at the old Acura RL or the 1st gen Toyota Prius with the rare reflector-style HIDs and you will notice baffles to block the light from the lower half of the reflector as well as tighter reflector ribs to concentrate the beam.

I highly doubt these bulbs could ever receive proper SAE certifications unless they were sold with matching reflector buckets or full headlamps that allowed them to function properly when installed and operated as a matched set.

Not not trying to be Debbie Downer here but I'm tired of getting blinded by idiots putting illegal PnP HIDs in their OEM headlights and blinding the crap out of me. While I fully support the wave of the future with LEDs being used in increasingly more applications, I don't support cheating the system by playing "dumb" and running around saying "oh I didn't know that was blinding you. ":rolleyes:

I really wish it were possible to test something out before having to purchase. I wouldn't buy a car without research and a test drive, why are we forced into buying other major products without testing them?

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
The main reason the aftermarket HID Bulbs don't work is because the focal point is different from that of a halogen bulb. These l look too have a short focal point like a halogen. Mine are on the way. They should be here in a few days and I well post some comparisons of halogen to LED outside light and inside light and hopefully output and beam pattern.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
From the pictures MEVS posted it looks like the output beam is lower than his oem headlights, so I doubt these will be blinding like HIDs.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
calebsheltonmed23 said:
Seem to work quite well! Like it's daylight almost!

On a serious note though, they do look good. I'm a fan of DRL's and was afraid it wouldn't have good output for it, but it is decent. Looking forward to some more pics!

My Mini Cooper uses the high beam as a DRL at like 40% output or something like that. I can't wait to see how that works.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
bobbyj said:
What vehicle do you have, what bulb type did you get and what did you have before? How do they compare?

I have an 04 mitsubishi outlander with H4/9003 bulbs. I had regular basic halogen bulbs nothing fancy. Like I said without the adjustment they are pretty good! The low beams are really bright and the high beams are nice as well. They have a pretty tight beam, so that's the biggest reason I need to adjust them. The build quality is very nice as well.

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
Station 3 said:
I want some for my 2013 F-150 joe

I want some for my 2011 F-150. How does the hi/lo work on the H13s? Is it just different brightness level, or do they actually tip up/down like the HIDs?

Any idea how these would work on an HLF?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Question: Does the LED fill the headlights.

Answer: Depends on the light bulb. The single beam do, the dual beam use a LED on top for low beam, LED on the bottom for high beam. They both run in high beam mode.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
bobbyj said:
I want some for my 2011 F-150. How does the hi/lo work on the H13s? Is it just different brightness level, or do they actually tip up/down like the HIDs?

Any idea how these would work on an HLF?

I imagine they are all the same but with the h4 the top led is for the low beam and then hi is top and bottom. I don't have a hlf so I'm not sure but they react pretty quick with turning them on/off so I don't see why not.

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
\ said:
I want some for my 2011 F-150. How does the hi/lo work on the H13s? Is it just different brightness level' date=' or do they actually tip up/down like the HIDs? Any idea how these would work on an HLF?[/quote']

I bet they would look completely amazing hooked up with a wig wag flasher BUT, what would the fans do on the backside? Would they pulse on and off every time the light flashes? I can't imaging that would be good for the fans.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Just had a set come in and when i bench tested them this is how they worked.

Low beam - Fan on

High Beam - Fan on

No change in speed that I could tell. So with that being said as long as low beams are on ( dual power models ) you shouldnt be pulsing the fan. I will play more tomorrow ( later today )

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
WireKing said:
I bet they would look completely amazing hooked up with a wig wag flasher BUT, what would the fans do on the backside? Would they pulse on and off every time the light flashes? I can't imaging that would be good for the fans.

I had wondered the same thing.

Kd8bao said:
Just had a set come in and when i bench tested them this is how they worked.

Low beam - Fan on

High Beam - Fan on

No change in speed that I could tell. So with that being said as long as low beams are on ( dual power models ) you shouldnt be pulsing the fan. I will play more tomorrow ( later today )

Anyone know if the fans are set to a thermal regulator, if they only come on when the lights reach a certain temperature, or if they are on anytime the lights are on?

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Here are some videos and pics of the lights.

Wig Wag 1

And some pics of the lights

Installed

20131205_150209_zpsfa13f5fe.jpg

Low Beam

20131205_150149_zps0f249ab1.jpg

High Beam LED vs Halogen

20131205_144901_zpsf53e9a0f.jpg

Low Beam LED vs Halogen

20131205_144845_zps5780acbc.jpg

Lifetime LED Low

20131205_144759_zpsc8fc4afd.jpg

Halogen Low

20131205_144753_zps8aad8b96.jpg

LED Driver with Adapter

20131205_144629_zps998a23f3.jpg

Rubber Boot Installed

20131205_144346_zps151678c8.jpg

Rubber Boot Installed

20131205_144331_zps3bdc0307.jpg

Mounting Ring Off ( Some Rings will detach. They are a twist lock set up )

20131205_144157_zpsfa6b20ed.jpg

High Beam Focal Point

20131205_143820_zpsc1b54e2e.jpg

Low Beam Focal Point

20131205_143749_zps0fb843d8.jpg

Tonight I will get some night shots also. The Fan turns on when power is applied. Very easy and straight forward to install.

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
MEVS06 said:
What year F150, I have H13s in my 2008 F150.

The fog lights on F150s are H10. I too would love H10 so I can get rid of all my HIDs.

MEVS, what is your opinion on wig wags with the fans? Is it safe to do so?

Kd8, great post. Thanks for the pics! What HLF did you use? I've got a set of LED off-road lights hooked up to my BL2150 currently that I had to put load resisitors on to get it to work right. Would like to have to not do that to use these new H13s.

Thanks,

Brandt

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
bobbyj said:
The fog lights on F150s are H10. I too would love H10 so I can get rid of all my HIDs.

Kd8, great post. Thanks for the pics! What HLF did you use? I've got a set of LED off-road lights hooked up to my BL2150 currently that I had to put load resisitors on to get it to work right. Would like to have to not do that to use these new H13s.

Thanks,

Brandt

Whelen 2150 HLF don't work with LED Off Road lights. I have a SOS flasher on mine and tried a Whelen HLF before I got the SOS. Give it a little time on the H10. We now offer H11 and H11 Fog light bulbs. New bulbs will be available soon.

PS:

I will be torture testing a set on a HLF for the next 3 months straight with no off time to see if they will work well or not. I have been called a crazy SOB when I do my testing. Lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I think I'm sold now... MEVS i might get a couple sets from ya soon. Got alot of local people interested as well.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
bobbyj said:

I trust a lot of people on this site, and their word as well. That being said, its not a matter of not taking one's word, but I would really like to see Lifetime LED's statement regarding this issue. Would hooking up one of these to a flasher void a warranty, or, God forbid something happens, would they still warranty it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.