Light controller/siren similar to PA640

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
I have used a Federal Signal PA640 before and I liked how you could program auxiliary buttons to latch to the slide switch. I’m currently looking for another siren/light controller that has the ability to do the same thing. Any recommendations other than a PA640?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
I have used a Federal Signal PA640 before and I liked how you could program auxiliary buttons to latch to the slide switch. I’m currently looking for another siren/light controller that has the ability to do the same thing. Any recommendations other than a PA640?
SS2000 Smart Siren

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
Latch, meaning be controlled by the slide switch?
Correct. For example when you put it to code 1 the controller activates certain user programmable outputs. Code 2 activates code 1 outputs plus additional outputs.

In regards to that SS2000 hour programmable/customizable is it?

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Correct. For example when you put it to code 1 the controller activates certain user programmable outputs. Code 2 activates code 1 outputs plus additional outputs.

In regards to that SS2000 hour programmable/customizable is it?
In that regard, the SS is perfect. You can activate outputs by pressing the corresponding button (Button 1 = output A, etc), or you can have the slide switch activate one or more button/output based on the slide switch's position (1, 2, 3).

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
In that regard, the SS is perfect. You can activate outputs by pressing the corresponding button (Button 1 = output A, etc), or you can have the slide switch activate one or more button/output based on the slide switch's position (1, 2, 3).
How customizable is the SS? Like if I want to switch where the manual and air horn buttons are? On the PA 640 I liked how the manual and AH buttons were right by the slide switch which I could manipulate with my index and thumb lol

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
How customizable is the SS? Like if I want to switch where the manual and air horn buttons are? On the PA 640 I liked how the manual and AH buttons were right by the slide switch which I could manipulate with my index and thumb lol
No, you can't move siren tone buttons around. Just enable/disable. The SSP (next gen of the SS), you can, but the price point goes up significantly.

Reactions: 110

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
No, you can't move siren tone buttons around. Just enable/disable. The SSP (next gen of the SS), you can, but the price point goes up significantly.
Anything else not made by Federal Signal that has the latching outputs? And maybe customizable?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.