Lighting Brand Reputations

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Which visual warning brands can be trusted, and which ones can't (despite personal opinions, keep it factual)?

Discuss!

Please keep it clean and organized, this forum section is heavily moderated to keep information organized. We're going to use content from these discussions to compile a helpful guide for users seeking information about products in this industry.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
I'm just going to start by asking WTH is up w/ Rontan lately? Delay after delay, mis-shipments, backorders on EVERYTHING...are they going out of business or what? Nice stuff, it's just a PITA to do business with them lately!

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Stick to the major players: Whelen, Federal Signal, Code 3, Star Signal, and some smaller reputable brands: Strobes N' More products, North American Signal (beacons only), Power Arc. Now people will argue to the end of the earth on this statement but I would not buy Fenix. When they first came out they were full of lies, we tracked the names and addresses of the new "Fenix" to a well known knock-off company. Just due to all that, I personally would never buy anything from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xtermn8

Alec R

Sep 9, 2014
eLightbars
Stick to the major players: Whelen, Federal Signal, Code 3, Star Signal, and some smaller reputable brands: Strobes N' More products, North American Signal (beacons only), Power Arc. Now people will argue to the end of the earth on this statement but I would not buy Fenix. When they first came out they were full of lies, we tracked the names and addresses of the new "Fenix" to a well known knock-off company. Just due to all that, I personally would never buy anything from them.
Let the records show, a search of 'FENIX' results in a flashlight company. 

Let the records also show that 'FENIEX' has a very good reputation, customer service, and is NOT known for 'knock-off' lights. I personally have had a few Feniex products and have been very impressed with them. 

Id like to add that we all know the big brands make good products, but when you buy a product, you are also buying customer service. Personally, I have no issue with obtaining a product that is faulty, so long as the company is willing to make it right. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I thought the point of these guides were based upon facts.

Basing some coincidences and implying some impropriety are not factual. How much of that research did you do to find this stuff? I would assume you did a lot of it since you said "we" as in you were a part of of it. 

Even one of the members here who made accusations against them have recanted. 

Feniex (not the flash light manufacturer like you suggest) are not the same company as Speed Tech, which you allude to without stating. They have publicly acknowledge that employee(s) did get their start at STL, but left to move on to create a company that is better, with different core values and a different mission. 

I have been to Feniex's facility. Their facility is about 25 minutes away from Speed Tech. Here is a map to back it up... (good luck doing that drive in under 20 minutes in that hideous Austin traffic... lol) Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 9.41.12 PM.png

I've even been inside. There was no evidence of Speed Tech built equipment anywhere, and production was clearly happening in house. The company and their staff was completely open to everyone in my entourage. At the time of my visit I was a Feniex Dealer, but still a huge SOS fan.  Their openness, frankness, and blatant transparency really won me over.  It was not long after that I removed all SOS products from my site.  

Feniex is a ton more open than other companies. They are an active part of this board. They interact with members here and provide updates on the product line like no other company out there. They are gracious to get every bit of feedback that members here give them.  

Are they a large company? No. Will they be? Maybe not for a while. If they get their, I hope they continue to reach out to the end users like they have.  

It is of my opinion that Feniex is significantly more open than most companies. I can assure you that Soundoff, Code 3, Fed Sig, Whelen, and even Star all have information they don't like being out there. I also sell some of those brands, so it is not merely a (I sell Feniex so I am impartial). I'm very honest about their faults. But I am very honest about other companies issues as well. Their are products from all of them I do not care for particularly. 

What makes a company reputable? From your list above it isn't the lack of failures. I sell products from some of the smaller reputable brands you speak of. Believe me they HAVE failures. 

To me, what makes them reputable is taking care of the problem. There is not one manufacturer out there that does not have issues with their products. I've seen BOXES of bad linz6's. I've personally had boxes of bad intersectors straight out of the box. Know first hand about vipers failing consistently, as well as arjents (if they fail before they fly off the car). Star beacons failing right out of the box. The list could go on for a while. 

Not everyone will have these problems. What matters is most of the companies mentioned do take care of their issues. I know first hand Feniex will do what it takes to make things right with my customer. I won't have to eat overnight shipping because they send the wrong part to a customer like I've had to do with others. 

Overall though, I have had mostly positive experiences with everyone except LED Outfitters/Damega and Extreme Tactical Dynamics.  I've even had a positive experience with STL, dispite not being overly impressed by the product. 

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
This is the type of thread that it will be very hard to "keep it factual." Reputations are based of individual opinions. You will have people swear by Whelen, by Fed Sig, by SoS, Code3, etc etc. Then you will have those who bash Whelen(rarity) because they swear by another brand, or bash Fed Sig because they swear by Whelen. The "top 3" is even questionable these days. Are you going to rate it Whelen, Fed Sig, SoS? Fed Sig, Whelen, Code3? Are you going to throw Feniex into that 3 spot, like I personally would?

Those are the top dogs. Then you have to talk about the "economy" distributers. No matter if they carry a top dog to sell, they'll sell their "in-house" brands. Are you going to place Tom/AWL up top? SnM? Are you going to throw ***************** into the mix(I've had nothing but good deals there. Sorry if you have not) Sirennet? CPS?(I keep seeing people buy their stuff. Customer service is apparently getting better and the stuff I've seen honestly isn't too bad for warning) STL? Honestly I've seen some people swear by them, and I've had a good transaction through them myself.

All of these are answered by personal opinion. People can fabricate their "facts" as they see fit because of their own personal experiences.

My "facts":

I have made purchases from Tom/AWL, *****************, STL, and the classifieds off here. I own or have owned STL, AWL, Whelen, Fed. Sig., and SnM lights. I have dealt with all of the "top dog" players in the game through the fire dept, ranging from those above to addidng in SoS, Code3, Rontan, and a couple others. Through volunteer depts, I have talked to guys who own the top dogs, STL, CPS, AWL, SnM, Ebay specials, and Lord knows whatever random brands that are out there.

From what I have seen, Whelen and Fed Sig are on an even keel. Whelen beats out FS on some products, and viceversa. They will easily move traffic even with a couple of their smallest warning products. I know people who have ordered from Whelen and they had a good customer experience, and bad customer experiences. Same for FS. Both will have their bad boxes. We just had to replace 2 NEW Whelen 600s on our rescue because sections stopped working. Their warranty tends to be beyond amazing, so replacing said 600s was easy. To try to decide which is #1 and which is #2 is nearly impossible. Again, comes to personal opinion.

#3? Here's and interesting subject. Is it still Code3? Did SoS take over because C3 wont catch up with the times? Has Feniex creeped into the top 3 due to their great output, willingness to update their equipment, warranty, and excellent customer service? As mentioned before, I see Feniex come on here and ask us as consumer and sellers what needs to be done. From what I know, there are no other major reps on here. All of these companies are reputable and make good products. From my own personal experiences, Feniex has taken #3, with SoS fighting to get it back.

In-house brands? The two majorly pushed on here are obviously AWL and SnM. Rightfully so. All that I've bought from Tom has been great. I love my Venom, the Pulse series is great, etc etc. I have spoken to Tom repeatedly, and though we have to play phone tag most of the time, it has been nothing but positive experiences, and he has done nothing but try to help ME when whatever issues would arise. AWL is a 10/10 with me. SnM? I personally have not bought directly from them, but I see how helpful they tend to be on here. The couple products I've bought off of the classifieds are great. Most likely that's a 10/10 too but I've never fully dealt with SnM. Then you have to throw in CPS, STL, Viviox, and other in house brands that are out there. Viviox stuff looks good. I haven't heard too many bad things. But, there have been some bad things. My opinion the jury is still out. CPS, their major issue was their customer service, and that has seeming been resolved, by talking to some locals around here. Their products have their good and bads. STL? Mainly bads but there are good reports out there.

So, as for reputations. Whelen, Fed Sig, Feniex, SoS, and Code3. In MY opinion.

In-house: AWL(only because I have dealt with them directly.) SnM, Sirennet, CPS, Viviox(at least their stuff seems better than STL) STL.

Opinions opinions.

I think I kept this within the rules lol.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
As was all ready stated, reputation is in the eye of the individual. That said:

1) I have had good and bad interactions with Whelen. Customer service is great, taking to R&D . . . Not do much.

2) I have never had a problem with any products that I have used in my POV. This includes: Code 3, Fed Sig, Whelen, SOS, Tomar, Nova, Carson (I know they make sirens, not lights), SVP, and SNM.

3) Fed Sig has amazing tech support. I was a 14 year old kid with a used NYPD vision that had problems. The guy on the line helped me look through everything. We were on the phone for almost an hour! When we figured out what I would need; he asked me for my address for a survey, and my age. Instead of a survey, I receiveda brand new control board for the bar and brain. I was never charged for it.

4) How has nobody mentioned Tomar yet? I purchased an 8 drive mini neobe bar approx a year before I moved from NJ to NC. They told me to send back the blue heads, and they sent me brand new red heads. All I paid was the return shipping for the blue.

5) I went to Code 3 about 3 years back. I showed up late ( close to 5). When I was looking around in their showroom, C3Kurt came down to talk to new. He then took me on the factory floor, showed me new products in development, and answer every question I had. After all was said and done, I thanked him ( knowing he stood at work longer because of me), and met there VP (who was earn and receptive as well).

Of course research plays a key role as well. With all the horror stories of poor/rude/non-existent customer service, short service life, and high level of failures on delivery, there are also several companies I wouldn't do business with.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
"Keep it factual" isn't the right term really.   The thread is asking for opinions which should be conclusions based on facts.  What I would like is for the options to be backed up by some supporting info.  For example, if a major company has unprofessional looking catalogs, that statement could be backed up with a pic of a catalog with epic Photoshop fail.   

I'm not even sure this thread is really going to work out.  It's a vague question that inherently attracts biased and flawed statements and claims.  There may be a better way to phrase this thread.  Until then, try to back the opinions up with some info of a fact-based nature.

I've been in the up fitting industry going on 9yrs now. Built hundreds of various types of vehicles of the years with equipment from nearly every manufacturer. So here's my personal experience throughout the yrs... 

Whelen- Good customer service, ease of installation, great quality. Fairly innovative in there products. By far the easiest to sync out of any light manufacturer. If i had to bitch about them is that there light bar lens seem to yellow alot more than their competitor bars. Also I see more Liberty bars and 500 series lightheads  fogged up more than San Francisco on a winter morning.  

Code-3 - Great customer service, ease of installation, also great quality. Other than a couple hick-ups with their Z3 when it first came out, no issues with there products. Very reliable

Federal Signal- Good customer service, but their products suck. Yes, i said it. The TM4 siren was a bullet proof work horse, but i've replaced far to many smart siren amps, argent light boards, and valors freezing up than i care to remember. I will give them an A+ on innovation. 

SOS- Never had to call customer service so i can't comment, but products are also fairly easy to install. (hate intersector lights, but i see the value in them). Good quality as well. Haven't had one fail yet (to be fair, i haven't installed large quantites of their products either.

Brookings- Good customer service, fairly easy to install, but not so hot on the quality. Their lights seem to fog up within a few months (worse than Whelen 500 series) and the bezels crack a dull rather quickly as well. For the longest time they couldn't get programming right for CA spec bars. 

Rontan- Hmm..... Lets see where do i start. I haven't delt with them for a few years, but to be honest that probably a good thing. NOt sure how they are now, but a few years back there reliability sucked. Replaced more service light modules on the Winglux light bar than a care for. To a point they were sending us a box of replacement parts.  I dreaded an alley or take down light going out as every time i would unscrew the lens cap, the light itself would stick and rip the prongs inside the socket. This was almost impossible to avoid. Back lighting on the TAC-34's went out constantly and the "S"  series directional stick motherboards were no more reliable. Also had to use up to 10 diodes to get there lightbar to work in conjuction with another brands siren (which was every install since Rontan had no siren at the time. They were working on the same design that Feniex currently has and claimed it would plug right in. Have no idea if thats the case now) So, I'd put Rontan at the bottom of my list. 

Feniex- Only had a couple of experiences with them.  The customer service rectified one of the experiences so that's a plus. The other was a product that was given lot of hype, but didn't deliver. Maybe my expectations were too high. I  find their products decent, but nothing to write home about. I know some people swear on these guys, but for me, i don't see how they stand out and are better than the "big 3". 

Again, these are my personal experiences with each company. I know others might be different, but i'm basing my conclusions on installing dozens of products from each manufacturer of the course of going on 9yrs. Take it for whats its worth.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'll toss my hat in the ring. Companies I've had DIRECT dealings with:

Whelen: On several occasions I've contacted customer service/tech support and received nothing but good information. ONCE I had a service tech who seemed like he just wanted me off the phone so he could go back to whatever he was doing, but I consider that an exception, not the rule.

Federal Signal: I've spent HOURS on the phone with these guys tracing down obscure information and/or troubleshooting a problem. Although I've never tried it with another company, I'd almost bet that no one can pull up old tech sheets like the guys and gals at FS. Specific example, called at about 4:30 on a Friday afternoon and was able to get someone to give me the original specs of a Model 28 siren along with e-mailing me a copy of those specs and the original install sheet that came with it.

Online-LED-store: TERRIBLE customer service, I'm pretty sure whoever I spoke to didn't know a light bar from a candy bar, never mind anything else. The products purchased (not by me, I was just the installer) were totally sub par, felt cheap, and weren't bright.

Feniex: Always had amazing service from them, friendly and helpful. I personally love their products.

Tom/AWL: Great guy/company. Again, friendly and helpful. Awesome products for those with a tighter budget yet still want quality.

SnM: Overall helpful and friendly, but one bad experience where I was told "we're kinda busy right now can you call back in a day or two" kinda turned me off but not enough that I wouldn't recommend them to someone.

That's all I can think of for now.

Reactions: Carlos SpicyWeiner

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I have beef with Whelen I have seen to many patrol cars fire trucks and ambulances with half dead heads out on the street and the lights are not from speed tech lights they are WHELEN.... and that's factual I can take pictures video or what ever you guys want if you guys get butt hurt. I think the customer service is great but they are not perfect like everyone here thinks they are.

I love Star signal, Federal, Code 3 and Feniex and many others

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
^^ second that.

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
I use products from Feniex, Code 3, Federal, Whelen, Brookings, and Once Rontan. All have had their issues, but Rontan takes the cake.

I will say, I will NEVER use Rontan again. We jumped on the Rontan Band wagon a few years ago. Their rep came to our shop, showed us their equipment, and it actually worked very well. Dual color light bars, a very programmable siren and light control, a good looking handheld siren, and much less expensive than other brands.

But they just don't stand up to heavy use. The slide switch is plastic and we have had them snap right off, the light bars have had radio interference issues, the perimeter lights have filled with water, and have gone to steady burn which has in turn MELTED them, and I would say we have seen about an 80% failure rate with all the rontan we have put on.

It would be fine for a lightly used response vehicle, but not a 24 hr car. 

Feniex: we have had great experiences with feniex and love their stuff for public works vehicles. I have used a ton of cannons and we love them, BUT I did have a rash of them that didn't make it through our 4 hour run test. That seems to have been resolved. We use the cobra light sticks and love them, and we are going to start trying out their Apollo series. I still am a bit nervous to use stuff from a small company because of how bad we got burned by RONTAN, but so far, Feniex has proved to be far superior for customer service. We are looking very forward to a dual color minibar too. We have very  high hopes for it.

Fed Sig: We have become very big fans of fed sig. The build quality of the VIPER exts, integrity, valor, and ssp3000 are awesome.  They have been doing alot of work to update their equipment and their software which has been a bonus. We had found firmware problems and bugs when we first started installing their equipment, but in the last year, they seem to really have upped their game. We love the Valor, and the integrity, and have done head to head comparisons with a legacy. They were nearly identical when flashing red blue, but the white light is superior and floods better that the legacy. We have also had very good uptime with their equipment. We have it on alot equipment that get BEAT TO HECK, and it has performed flawlessly.

Whelen: I like whelens offering, I like their programming they have for their lightbars, and there equipment is top notch. I have seen a fair share of linz6 fail, as well as vertex, but nothing that would make me drop wanting to use them. My biggest issue I have with Whelen is getting to the point where I don't have to buy through a competitor. It is frustrating to try to compete on a bid when I have to buy the equipment from another guy going after the same bid....

SOS seems good. I see a fair share of them come through our shop ( we don't supply SOS, but we work on vehicles with them) and for the most part they always seem to be working, Just very yellowed.

Code 3. They need to pickup their game. Used to be what everyone used, but they missed the bus to LED. The stuff that is out seems to have decent up time, and it is quick to get, but they just don’t have anything that really makes me want to look at them any harder. Plus they are more expensive than most.

Brookings/axixtech - I have had very good luck with them. We have installed probably 300 of the ms6 series, and we have had 2 come back ( and they were mounted right behind the tires of a semi truck unprotected from road spray). We have also had very good luck with the microbar, charger tail light flashers, Ford utility headlight flashers, legions, and torrents. I have no issues with that equipment, but looking over elightbars it seems people have had a fair share of issues. I feel like they must have upped their game or maybe we are just getting lucky? They have also been great to work with. We asked for some custom dual color configs and they brought them in for us. I would recommend anyone give them another look.

All in all, you can't go wrong with whelen and fed sig. Feniex is a player, and axixtech is a great economy brand. Rontan is not for the faint of heart and you may love their equipment, but you have to know how to treat it to make it last.

Reactions: Station 3

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Federal Signal. I always have used their speakers. I think in 20 years I only blew one or

two. I also been using Smart Sirens for a long time. No issues that I can remember. I have

also used the Touch Master Delta with no issues. (favorite siren) I had one issue with an

Impaxx and they replaced it.

Whelen. I had a few of their products. A Liberty when they first came out to Avengers. I now

Have a HHS2000 for a siren. It is my first Whelen Siren. I called customer support and the guy was very patient with me and walked me through the programming. Do they make nice products?

I believe so but they are not cheap. And when I have ordered them from a local shop, they seem to take forever.

Sound Off. I have used a few of their products. Never any issues. There is a guy on my dept

that has one of their sirens. It sounds terrible. lol.

Feniex. I have mostly Feniex in my truck. Everyone has been impressed when they have seen

them. Cannon's, you can't beat them. They are nice product that is affordable. I did have a problem with one head and it was not a problem getting it taken care of. Feniex is my go to.

Power Arc. I have two. I had a little condensation in mine. I emailed them and they were on top of it telling me how to fix it. Then I asked how much for some red lenses and they sent

them and told me to send a check once I got them. Would any other company do that? And they

we pleasant on the phone.

Strobes and More. I had couple of their lights. Out put is good. My only complaint is the

lenses discolor. I called there once and talked to Louis and he gave me a good deal on Mirror

Beams. I have ordered other products from them and I would again.

Customer service is big to me. The best experiences as far as products go, its Feniex. As far as sales. it would be FEVER (sales/and answering all my questions, Power Arc and Whelen.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I have a question why the hell is SHO-ME still selling 5mm lights crazy expensive like its still the year 1999.... I walked into a SHO-ME dealer today to pick up some L brackets I needed for some SHO-ME light sticks I picked up here on the board for like $40 Shipped for the pair and at the shop they were selling those same lights for like $50 for each one... and the directionals and mini bars were in the high $200-600 price range that's for a 5mm light... How do they still in business... are they only selling to stupid city mangers who don't know better and buy those super expensive products.. I started with sho me when I was a kid 18 years old in the volley fire service my first lights were sho me I think I paid like 80 bucks for a cheap dash light from them but I don't understand why they refuse to drop the prices on the products any sho me dealers here want to explain what is going on?

Reactions: sean and pdk9

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
My 0.02

Whelen and FedSig are the top players right now. Consistently 2 of the higher-quality & more innovative products are released from them. Yes, you will hear about condensation issues with some of their products, but I don't expect a company that sells as much volume as they do to be 100% perfect. FedSig does "rebrand" a few lightheads & LAWs, but I'm impressed with their exterior & interior lightbars; IMHO, their spectralux ILB is the most impressive one out there right now.

SOS

Quality products. Credited with releasing some of the most innovative LED products (IMHO), most notably the ghost & intersectors (both of which have been copied by competitors). Smaller company with plenty of room to grow, especially if they expand with larger lightheads & NFPA packages.

Feniex

Small, but rapidly expanding company with affordable products.

Code 3

Used to be one of the top 3 but IMHO they're just overpriced products that are mediocre at best. Released some of the best halogen bars, but they're way behind the curve when they release new LED products (they release copies on what Whelen and other companies had already released a few years prior). Their products are way overpriced IMO.

Able2/Sho-me & Star

IMHO, they both have unimpressive LED product lines; a lot of what you see is older LED technology, and their "gen 3" and "gen 4" products aren't too impressive. I give them poor grades for innovation

SNM/AWL/Sirennet

Dependable "private brands." SNM & AWL may be considered "KOs," but they're backed by reputable dealers and quality standards. Sirennet private brand is basically just rebranded Whelen, Code 3, etc.

Brookings/Axixtech:

Quality products but some ppl don't like them b/c they're considered China products. I think some of their products are competitive with some of the popular, big name brands

Reactions: Station 3

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I would like to note, I dont ever buy NEW equipment and rarely have to deal with a manufacture after I do get a light, but I did just have to send out four Whelen Liberty corners to mother W for warranty repair. No questions asked they repaired and returned the corners in under a week (and that included ship times both ways!), and included brand new endcaps upon request for no charge!

I was VERY happy with my experience with them, and it personally helps me feel a LITTLE bit better about their prices.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I have been seeing off brand led lights on Amazon. Are any of those products trustworthy?

I have bought several from amazon since they are so cheap I usually play with them a few days then sell them or give them away for free to volley fire fighters in my area. And the only ones I have seen that are trust worthy are the TIR looking ones that are inside a FEDERAL SIGNAL housing, NOW im not talking about the federal signal viper rip off those are crap and usually burn out in a few hours or days, Im talking about TIR opitcs inside a federal housing those lights sell for as little as $17-25 dollars and BOY are they bright. I have bought around 6 of them and non have failed. I don't own any at the moment since I sold them all to other vollys or traded for other stuff they had like binoculars and such. but yeah give them a try they are good lights for the cost of a burger night.

shopping.jpg

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I have compiled some links to existing threads, reviews, and BBB pages to aid anyone in the future searching, or who ask common questions about some of the brands out there.

Reactions: tsquale

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Here are links to some of the major discussions/opinions/reviews of CPS Authority. This will serve as a resource to quickly link people asking about this company, as well as any further discussions about this company.

http://www.bbb.org/columbus-georgia/business-reviews/lighting-equipment-emergency/cps-authority-in-opelika-al-91803904/

https://www.cpsauthority.com/

https://www.facebook.com/cpsauthorityledlighting

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/26921-cps-authority-supervisor-uvt-and-tir-3-slim-freedom/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/30017-cps-authoritycom/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/26719-thank-you-cps-lights/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/22445-cps-lighting/

****EDIT - MULTIPLE POSTS BEING MERGED AUTOMATICALLY BY FORUM SOFTWARE****

Here are links to some of the major discussions/opinions/reviews of Advanced Warning Lights (aka AWL). This will serve as a resource to quickly link people asking about this company, as well as any further discussions about this company.

http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/auto-parts-and-supplies-new/advanced-warning-lights-in-taunton-ma-131946/

https://www.facebook.com/AdvancedWarningLights

http://elightbars.org/forums/user/14699-tom/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/50178-tom-advanced-warning-lights/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/17512-advanced-warning-lights-wwwadvancedwarninglightscom/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/42206-brand-new-awl-product-your-thoughts/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/49788-awl-pulse-series-led-dash-lights/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/46197-the-all-new-awl-smt-series-surface-mounts/

http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/61003-awl-smt6-surface-mountgrille-light-picture-heavy/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/30865-awl-l18-dual-dash-light-vs-whelen-dual-avenger/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/32945-awl-venom-interior-lightbar/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/57209-awl-sliq-22/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/50039-awl-pulse/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/60110-awl-sliq-lightbar-opinions/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/34300-awl-rx-44-warning-bar/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/47888-awl-advance-warning-lightsvenom-interior-lightbar/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/28359-awl-rx-44-warning-bar/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/42345-review-of-advanced-warning-lights-venom-interior-bar-rx46-and-t-3-lightheads/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/55618-pulse-dash-light-from-tom-awl/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/22657-awl-l18-dash-light-advanced-warning-lights/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/28649-tom-advanced-warning-lights-and-user-deleted/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/55311-for-tom-advanced-warning-lights/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/25735-deal-fixed-tom-of-advanced-warning-lights/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/21385-quad-visor-interior-lightbar-from-advanced-warning-lights/
http://elightbars.org/forums/topic/36290-advanced-warning-lights-mini-bullet-and-whelen-dashking/

Reactions: tsquale

LANDJET

Apr 30, 2015
Boston USA
FEVER, from Florida, love your vids. I sell Feniex to up in Boston, Honestly, would you or do you sell their products ?

Right now we only sell Feniex and refurbished whelen bars ( alot with Feniex lights rebuilt into them)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I would not touch Damega. Stay with what you have. 

In all honesty, adding additional lines can be a burden.  We have star/svp, soundoff, and some others and none are as easy to deal with as Feniex.  You are talking 10's of thousands of part numbers. Quite honestly none of it sells as well as Feniex. 

Reactions: PJD642

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
keep in mind.. each one requires a buy in. Just having access to something is not always a great idea.  More access means more stuff you will want to stock. Focus on a brand or your niche and really develop that stock. Having stuff on hand for customers that decide "can we do this install tomorrow" will be what builds your reputation.  

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
LANDJET,

As previously mentioned LEDO and Damega are one in the same. Plenty of reviews can be found online about their products and services. AWL offers products in the same price range, but with more of a focus on customer service. We are currently seeking distributors for our Advanced Warning Lights product line. We specialize in offering dependable emergency lighting at an economical price. Conveniently enough, we are also located in the Boston area. Let me know if you have any interest in learning more. 

Reactions: JPolston

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Anyone got reputation info on HG2 emergency lights?  Someone at work came across them and was asking my opinion. 

http://hg2lighting.com/

I have no plans to purchase from them.  Just trying to add info to the thread of knowledge.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They use led strip lighting hooked to a flasher. Not a warning light. They are thirty minutes from me and cheap dealer wise yet I still don't sell them. That say anything?

Reactions: paff2

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Anyone got reputation info on HG2 emergency lights?  Someone at work came across them and was asking my opinion. http://hg2lighting.com/

I have no plans to purchase from them.  Just trying to add info to the thread of knowledge.
Overpriced ineffective lighting. A local installer started carrying them so we are now seeing them on pd cars here. Craptastic

Honestly two T3s mounted in the same spot would work much better an be more effective. Now there are lots of other better options as well but just a reference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.