Little help needed. Vintage sheriff car.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JennyCop is heading in the same direction I would for this style vehicle. I like the squared off lollipops. As stated you need a spotlight, possibly steady burn color on the driver side and clear passenger?

Can you do red / blue? That's really what you need to complete the look.
You beat me to it, John.  I agree with the square lollipops, and I was about to ask if he could use red/blue.   Amber just doesn't do that truck justice!

I see a speaker.  Is there a working siren on board?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Hello everybody! My post was long time ago.I want to show you my new project. It's not quiet finished, but it's almost done. )) Yes, I know, it's Chrysler, but I could not find a Monaco, Gran Fury or Pontiac LeMans... 

ah_a.d_cd.net_58b75bcs_960.jpg

aa_a.d_cd.net_90775bcs_960.jpg

ac_a.d_cd.net_261cdbcs_960.jpg

But I'm not sure about lightbar, I think I'll put on a TwinSonic. 

So, what do you think?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Take the DashLaser out, replace it with a Federal Fireball/Flashball and you'll be period correct. I agree to leave the Twin Beacon Ray on the car. Looks good like it is!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I say leave it as is with the twin beaconray, it looks great! I would put a whip antenna,blue domes on the beacons,Oh and add a spotlight or two! That would be the icing on the cake! ;)

Reactions: Aries

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
I like it the way it is,
Ok, thank you!

Take the DashLaser out, replace it with a Federal Fireball/Flashball and you'll be period correct. I agree to leave the Twin Beacon Ray on the car. Looks good like it is!
Yes, this would be correct, but I don't like teardrop lights, can't do yanything about it, dislike them very much. And I like mirrors. Maybe FireBall II?

I say leave it as is with the twin beaconray, it looks great! I would put a whip antenna,blue domes on the beacons,Oh and add a spotlight or two! That would be the icing on the cake! ;)
Thank you! I've already installed whip antenna, pair of model correct Unity spotlights waiting to be installed, the hard side is that I dont have blue domes and they are hard to find. What do you think about pushbar?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The dash laser has got to go.  Don't even replace it.  Dash light on marked cars were not common during this time period.  Other than that it looks good.  it needs flood lights, spot lights ..takedowns or alleys mounted to the bar maybe?  You have the switches for them.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
The dash laser has got to go.  Don't even replace it.  Dash light on marked cars were not common during this time period.  Other than that it looks good.  it needs flood lights, spot lights ..takedowns or alleys mounted to the bar maybe?  You have the switches for them.
Didn't they use something on the line of fog lights for D, and ally lights?

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Nice, Aries.  In Russia, are they now using sirens, or do they use the two-tone European horns.
I think they are using electronic sirens (wail and yelp) in Russia - I thought I could remember seeing some news video clips of emergency vehicles responding.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Yeah.  Any fog or flood light of the time is appropriate to bolt on.

............Of course to be true to the Florida plate, you have to make all warning lights blue. :D
Nice catch...

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Yeah.  Any fog or flood light of the time is appropriate to bolt on.

............Of course to be true to the Florida plate, you have to make all warning lights blue. :D
Blue? Oh no... I hope I can find blue FS Twin domes, but Arrow loli-pops... Nahhh... Aint gonna happen... 

And one more question. Deck light. Is it ok?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Blue? Oh no... I hope I can find blue FS Twin domes, but Arrow loli-pops... Nahhh... Aint gonna happen... 

And one more question. Deck light. Is it ok?
I had a few blue arrow lollipops like that a year or so ago, so they do come up for sale sometimes.  It looks fine in red really.  The other option is to just swap the beacon domes to blue.  Red flashers and blue rotators isn't unheard of.  I wouldn't use any deck lights, a full crossbar with alleys and takedowns is a full setup for your time period.

I sold these a year or so ago....  but they do surface now and then.

arrow5.jpg

Come on... do it.... don't worry about the flashers... 

58b75bcs-9g60.jpg

261cdbcs-96b0.jpg

Reactions: AJ3814

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Hi everyone.  Still haven't finished my project yet but not so long ago we had acted in a movie. It was very small airport cop part,  but shoooting was very long and hard.

c2e9652s-960.jpg

fae9652s-960.jpg

59e9652s-960.jpg

Reactions: JennyCop
But I bet it was fun. Love the TwinSonic! And the unit looks marvelous!!

But I gotta ask...American airport cop at a Russian airport? Or did the story line have Russian planes landing in the U.S.? Better still...Smokey and the бандит. Hot pursuit from Atlanta to Moscow! [emoji4]

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
c2e9652s-960.thumb.jpg.cf00aac2000d360fb3d922e3cbd9272e.jpg
Beautiful car, I think it looks fantastic with the twinsonic!  Loved this pic I had to steal it and make it my desk top screen. Only thing would have made it better would have been the twinsonic in action.

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Yes, definitelfun. Love the TwinSonic! And the unit looks marvelous!!

But I gotta ask...ian airport? Or did the story line have Russian planes landing in the U.S.? Better still...Smokey and the бандит. Hot pursuit from Atlanta to Moscow! aemoji.tapatalk_cdn.com_emoji4.png

Yes definitely )))

Not Russian, NY airport. )) It's a story about russian baley dancers pair. Godunov and his wife Romeo and Juliet of cold war

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes definitely )))

Not Russian, NY airport. )) It's a story about russian baley dancers pair. Godunov and his wife Romeo and Juliet of cold war

I must watch this film.    :popcorn:

I love seeing updates in this car, it's a great build. 

Skippy

Jul 3, 2010
Florida, USA
I know I'm late to the game, but Florida Sheriff's are green/white and Metro-Dade had the below color scheme.  Color is darker than yours, but with your Florida Sheriff plate, it's close.

Nice work!

4429945227_edbdd303f9[1].jpg

Love the video! A healthy and strong motor and perfectly synchronized....

But the rotators are turning the wrong direction. If it's a model 12X, the solution is "simple" (the bar is facing backwards--same mistake made. In that great Modern American Movie Classic "The Blues Brothers"). But, hey, it's Russia! Who cares...It's still the coolest car with the coolest light bar in Moscow!!

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Hello sir's and madam's! =))

Just wanted to update some pictures of my project car. What it is looks like now =))

ag_a.d_cd.net_477ff76s_960.jpg

have some more if you want. =))

And here's my and my mopar first acting in a music video =)) Hope you'll like it. Comments are appreciated =))

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
хорошая песня!

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Your 6.2L Diesel is the GM Diesel, the correct motor for those units, not a Detroit, unless someone swapped-out the original motor, and then, I don't know if Detroit ever made a 6.2L...

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
my 1970 dodge polara also finished in green with white, and i went with whelen strobes for now until my sd mounts are back from powder coating. keep up the good work!! p.s in that video was that bufords cousin? Russian justice..20160906_204833.jpg

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
my 1970 dodge polara also finished in green with white, and i went with whelen strobes for now until my sd mounts are back from powder coating. keep up the good work!! p.s in that video was that bufords cousin? Russian justice..View attachment 160283

Wow, this car is one of my favorite! When I was searching green and white cars, to create my colour scheme. I found several pictures of this Dodge. I still have them =))
3777455079_a4634d0db5_b.jpg ch162.jpg

That time, I was interested in strobe ligtbar too, bu then I thought, that the "edged" "Formal" Newport will look nicer with TwinSonic. Then I installed my Visibar from K5, for more vintage look =)) now I think I need another lightbar =))

Yep, Russian Buford T. Justice =))

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.