Lonestar PSE???

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Hello everyone, does anyone know if Lonestar PSE is on vacation. I have been trying to get a hold of Jon by phone to the shop and cell and email but no answer for about 2 weeks. So that's what leads me to believe that they are on vacation. Thanks

joe

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
MEVS06 said:
Hello everyone, does anyone know if Lonestar PSE is on vacation. I have been trying to get a hold of Jon by phone to the shop and cell and email but no answer for about 2 weeks. So that's what leads me to believe that they are on vacation. Thanks

joe

Hmmm, I have no trouble getting in touch with him. I can tell you that they have been slammed in the shop for about that long and even Jon has got his hands in some of the installs, so he may not have the time to take the calls.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
FireEMSPolice said:
If a business person doesnt have time to take calls, how do you stay in business?

Speaking from my own experience, I have to defer phone calls many times or I never get the install done. Sometimes there is no time to BS all day long on the phone when you're deadlined on a stack of cars in the shop. Of course messages are taken and I return the legitimate calls later, but too many times those calls are just peeps wanting to BS or pick my brain about something, and those calls can drag on for a long long time, cutting into my shop work.

Then again, there are some phone calls from certain people that I just don't care to or have the extra time to deal with, so they do go unanswered.....I think everyone does that once in a while. This may be the circumstance above.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
the reason for my concern is I placed about an $800 order about a month ago and it was supposed to ship out two weeks ago. I understand they get busy. Jon / Lonestar are great to do business with, never had a problem with any orders. Thanks

joe

Sebi

May 21, 2010
Germany & CA
I´ve got the same problem that I can´t get any contact to him... I ordered a replacement part long time ago and I get no response to emails and PMs. Does anyone know If he´s on holiday or something happened?

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Sebi said:
I´ve got the same problem that I can´t get any contact to him... I ordered a replacement part long time ago and I get no response to emails and PMs. Does anyone know If he´s on holiday or something happened?

call the number quoted below...

J. Forbes said:
Please get with me about your account status so we can ship that order.

Jon

832-249-1700

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
EDIT: Please see next post.

Hi folks,

Sorry to bump an old thread but I also am having difficulties with Lonestar PSE.

I placed an order on 8/10 for a Firebeam. Now I realize this is not the $800 order that they may be used to getting, but I paid the money and as such I expect to get what I paid for. It is now 8/19 and there is no indication that the item has even shipped. I look on their website to track the package and this is what I get:

https://skitch.com/bwoodruff/ftu7h/order-status

Totally blank.

I've tried emailing, and I've tried calling. Absolutely zero response by either phone or email.

What gives?

At what point would you recommend I file a problem with PayPal (which I used to pay)?

I'll be happy at this point if the item ships today with overnight shipping and it arrives Monday. Otherwise I'm not doing business with Lonestar again. This is crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on this. I've been in touch with Jon and we've reached an agreement. The problem appears to have originated with Federal Signal. They are no longer selling the FB3SM (the dual speed) for public safety agencies. They are only selling them on the industrial side. WTF??!! Seems Federal has their heads up their butts. Jon and I were getting conflicting information from them regarding availability but I think we've finally got it figured out.

So, Jon is going to overnight me the fast speed (175RPM) blue FB3 and also order a clear lens for it for me which should arrive later.

Jon and Lonestar PSE have definitely made this up to me, though I have to say I'm still pretty unhappy with Federal. :bonk:

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
I've ordered twice from Jon in the last 2 weeks. Very happy with both transactions.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
ryanm said:
I've ordered twice from Jon in the last 2 weeks. Very happy with both transactions.

Jon seemed to be willing to do whatever it took to make me a happy customer after this mixup with Federal. He apologized for not contacting me sooner about it.

If my stuff arrives as promised, I'll be a happy customer and would be more than willing to do business with Lonestar in the future and recommend them to friends.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Just a quick update, I did get the Firebeam when promised. Still waiting on the flash mirror and other lenses (not a problem, just FYI).

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Well I thought I would let everyone know I have since been in contact with Jon through elb. I understand things happen. I just want to note that I will continue to give Jon/Lonestar PSE my business as long as he is willing to sell to me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.