Looking for Opinions

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Wanted to get some opinions from the experts.. For one, I want to know if this would be an acceptable install, and two how difficult it may be if anyone can answer that. I'm looking at buying an all blue Liberty and installing it on my car. I have a 2009 Pontiac G6, currently with a SoundOff Mini Pinnacle, 2 SEM3s on the front license plate, and a knockoff dual talon in the rear window. I played with some photo editing (rather poorly), but it doesn't seem like it would look bad. On another note, my light controller is through a Carson SC1022. Suggestions and opinions welcome.

G6liberty.jpg

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Quentin said:
Moon roof or no? How about a Whelen inner edge ?

No moon roof. The price of the Liberty is 350, thus the reason I'm interested so much. My window tint is also 5% in the rear, so solely interior lighting is almost ineffective to the rear.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Personally? I think it would look bad on a sporty car such as this one. I think you would be much better off appearance wise with an interior setup.

BUT.

It's you car. If you like it, go for it. No one here can discredit the fact that a full size light bar is more effective than the majority of interior setups. If your priority is to be safer while responding instead of maintaining a good looking car, then you can't go wrong. Not to say an interior setup would be ineffective, but again, it's hard to beat a roof mounted bar.

In conclusion;

Exterior bar-looks bad, very effective.

Interior- looks good, but may not be as effective as the exterior bar.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
You can do a nice exterior set up.

Front:

10-75 lp bracket with two IP6

2 IP6 in the grill

HLF

Viper S2 on the dash

Back:

lp bracket with two IP6

TLF

Sides:

Back sides with single IP6

Sorry I'm a Federal fan!

That would give a even 360 around. This is what I'd do if I had a car but I'd do an ILS front and back

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I Love fullsize bars on random cars! Do It!

My question, did you do any scaling when you edited the photo? Because exact measurements could change the look drastically, for example it could stick 5 inches or more off each side... But I like it!

To answer your question of "Can it be done?" Of course it can. You can stick and 80" streethawk on your roof if you wanted... Anything can be done :yes:

Mar 14, 2012
South Georgia
I have had really good luck in getting the local tint shops to cut the tint out around lights in our patrol cars. Just a suggestion if you wanted to stay interior. Yes a libby on a g6 would be different but i think it would look totally out of place. i upfitted a 07 g6 undercover a couple of years ago. Was a simple set up of corner strobes, wig wags, two sho-me slimlights in the front windshield and two in the back upper windshield. Granted the windows weren't five percent but it was still effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Thanks for the input everyone. Still not certain that I will not buy it anyhow, if nothing else for future use. I've not seen a G6 with a Liberty on it in particular, but I've seen pics of a few that have various lightbars on the, the worst probably being a Whelen Edge 9000 or something of similar. Then there's this one.

3624228322_c15f879de6_o.jpg

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Definitely not appealing to the car.. And after getting some measurements and doing another photoshop image, I think I've answered the question.

G6Liberty.jpg

Solution: I need a truck!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Thats what I thought would happen, hanging over the edges. Boulder is right, cutting down the frame would work!

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
7d9_z28 said:
Thats what I thought would happen, hanging over the edges. Boulder is right, cutting down the frame would work!

That would be an idea I suppose, but a little more than what I want to get into. Guess I should've done my homework first!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FD7108 said:
That would be an idea I suppose, but a little more than what I want to get into. Guess I should've done my homework first!

Well LFL Frames are easier than Edge Frames to cut... lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.