MI Law Enforcement

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
smsales said:
When was this one taken? That graphic pkg is only couple months old... And that k9 is new to the force.. (know the officer)JW

Snapped that at the local hotel while I was working; I think he was at a training that my Sgt./K9 was hosting.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
crescentstar69 said:
Looks like Ferndale is going for the award for most design changes.

There have been a helluva lot of versions of Ferndale PD graphics and paint schemes. The last pic of a Ferndale car (on pg 1) is the simple two-tone paint job (white doors & navy blue panels with the circle door logo) is the current design. And this design, interstingly, is the closest they've been to returning to the scheme that was used for all of the 1970s. Only back then the front and rear panels were powder blue, but with the same door emblem (as seen in the Ferndale pic with the cop and bear sharing a lunch).

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
More from Milan, Me standing next to one of our other units. All units are set-up the same on the interior. We use the Motorola MW810 Mobile Workstation.

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I was REALLY hoping the MSP Gator would have a RV-26 on it.

Reactions: jprleedy4680

Mannikanski

Aug 31, 2012
Michigan
Originally Posted by upnorth896

Nice to see that you're taking those photo's off the various pd websites to post here.

LRGJr72 said:
Serious or sarcasm?

I can't speak for Upnorth896 but as the owner of at least 2 of the pics in your "- Michigan State Police (lesser seen pics)" post (you know, the ones that are clearly watermarked with "copywrite:preston" on them), I do tend to get a little touchy when someone lifts my original pics and posts them as their own discovery. HOWEVER, in that post was a beautiful b/w side "action" shot of a '75 (ish) MSP Gran Fury (just like mine) that I have never seen before. Therefore, I will pull my undies outta my butt and let it go...this time ;) Next time just ask first.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Mannikanski said:
Originally Posted by upnorth896
Nice to see that you're taking those photo's off the various pd websites to post here.

I can't speak for Upnorth896 but as the owner of at least 2 of the pics in your "- Michigan State Police (lesser seen pics)" post (you know, the ones that are clearly watermarked with "copywrite:preston" on them), I do tend to get a little touchy when someone lifts my original pics and posts them as their own discovery. HOWEVER, in that post was a beautiful b/w side "action" shot of a '75 (ish) MSP Gran Fury (just like mine) that I have never seen before. Therefore, I will pull my undies outta my butt and let it go...this time ;) Next time just ask first.

I would have a hard time taking the word "Copywrite" seriously on a picture, since the word is "Copyright"

If you don't spell it right, it doesn't look legitimate and serious.

What happens on the Internet, stays ALL OVER the internet...

That said, welcome to ELB! Plenty of grammar nazis, FYI.

Reactions: LRGJr72

Mannikanski

Aug 31, 2012
Michigan
7d9_z28 said:
I would have a hard time taking the word "Copywrite" seriously on a picture, since the word is "Copyright"

If you don't spell it right, it doesn't look legitimate and serious.

What happens on the Internet, stays ALL OVER the internet...

That said, welcome to ELB! Plenty of grammar nazis, FYI.

OUCH! Ya got me. :) I shall consider myself corrected. :cool: Now I have to hunt up my original scans and fix 'em. You would think someone with a college education wouldn't make a stupid error like that. Silly me.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
fireman616wfd said:
Andy is this car yours? I was wondering what type of lightheads are mounted on the trunk as I am thinking about mounting a set of Predator IIs there and idk if it will be too bulky or not.

Andy borrowed that idea from this brilliant guy I know. IIRC, the lights are Whelen M4's which are bigger than Predator 2's.

This is my last car. While there are four lights on the rear deck, you never saw the CHMSL Talons, they were always washed out. This setup is one of the most effective I've ever run.

ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb374_ajp3jeh_2010_20Install_2010_rearMedium.jpg

This should be a link to my original post: http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/my-last-install-8214/

After some recent experiments, I've changed my mind on the best way to do and "X" pattern but other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Northland P.D. 1968 - 2008

23648_111193758903617_100000389801113_152953_4101381_n.jpg

real_Northland_police_Authority_D_side.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jph2 said:
Nice graphics! What department is this?

The Sheriffs Dept. :p

I may have missed it, has anyone posted Kent County Sheriffs Caprice?!? I wish Ottawa got a Caprice, all PI over here :(

Vriez

Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
7d9, I'll snap a picture of it next time I see it. I live in KC, it's always parked across the street from me doing traffic

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Vriez said:
7d9, I'll snap a picture of it next time I see it. I live in KC, it's always parked across the street from me doing traffic

Thanks! I saw it on the news the other day and got all excited. Only pic I found online it didn't have the lightbar (looked like a Sound Off?) Any chance you know if its a 6 cyl or a v8 car?

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
7d9_z28 said:
Thanks! I saw it on the news the other day and got all excited. Only pic I found online it didn't have the lightbar (looked like a Sound Off?) Any chance you know if its a 6 cyl or a v8 car?

They are all the V8 with SOS bars like everything else. I got to drive one not too long ago....they are pretty good, but I'll keep my Charger.....I wasn't impressed with the traction control programming or the hesitation when accelerating and shifting during performance driving.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.