Motor Repair Upgrade

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Great news ! I am now rewinding some motors. So far, I am doing motors with permanent magnets. Those include Dietz 211-711, Signal Stat 372 - 374, Code 3 XL bars, possibly Federal Fireball and probably others. This will revive weak, dead and burned-out motors finally. I can also do other motors that have an electromagnet but only the armature is burned out. This is all other motors. I hope to be able to do the electromagnets soon. The only motors that may be excluded for certain are the Federal Series 3 motors, with the vents. On these motors the gear is pressed on, and you cannot remove the armature for winding. I am working on a process to do so, but I am not there yet.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Yes, 90% of them can be repaired. I would be happy to take a look at it. Most repairs are $25 plus return shipping. If it has to be rewound (uncommon) it will be more. Evaluation is free. If it can't be fixed there is no charge except return shipping.

Kelly Madaris
7960 Ono Road
Fairburn, Georgia 30213
madaris821@gmail.com

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.