Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I remember their Oldsmobile Delta 88 with a FireBall on dash !

attachicon.gif
i000959.jpg
Reminds me of the '77 Delta 88 I had; and I also had a nice red Fireball;but I kept it on the floorboard until needed.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I like that light hanging from the mirror.  Reminds me of a friend years ago who started his own ambulance service with a then-new 1965 Plymouth wagon.  The only red light when he first started was a handheld spotlight with a red sealed-beam bulb hanging from the mirror.  He eventually mounted a red junior beacon and two red lollipops on the roof. The siren was a Model 28 under the hood.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Wait here, don't put in my mouth words I haven't spoken. :confused:

I'm just asking aloud about the period accuracy of a light, it would never occur to me to question Batman's existence. :huh:

'nuff said. :sleepy:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
433570156197_RVSin.JPG

Reactions: JennyCop

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I liked the chase scene at the beginning of the movie, and the MFP cars, but the rest of the movie was kinda wierd.
Here you go :popcorn:  !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QYYlfXQFk

Last edited by a moderator:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Here you go :popcorn:  !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QYYlfXQFk
Ok why were the bad guys driving a car with a blue light on the dash? Why are the cops wearing leather everything? and why are they driving those brightly colored cars are they like the highway patrol or something? I have seen this movie 3 times and I still do not have the answers for these questions....

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Ok why were the bad guys driving a car with a blue light on the dash? Why are the cops wearing leather everything? and why are they driving those brightly colored cars are they like the highway patrol or something? I have seen this movie 3 times and I still do not have the answers for these questions....
I can offer some assistance ;)

1. The bad guy killed the officer who was driving the black pursuit special car and stole it. Listen as best as you can to the radio traffic in-between all the V8s screaming and Locktronics howling.

2. The reason for the leather.....not a damn clue  :confused:

3. The movie's setting is after nuclear warfare has occurred on earth and it's years later after the fact. Maybe they want to stand out in the wide open country or something. Good question on this one.

The movie as a whole is really different. I don't know what the exact back story is on all of it, but it's got fast, loud, bad-@$$ cars, blinkies and woo-woos, and violence. Yay, violence :D  !

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Mad Max is a classic that has a cult-like following and set the tone for all future dystopian movies. And it was all made for about $350,000...cheap even by 1979 standards. It's also Australian, so it's not what we Yanks typically expect. Here's a synopsis from a website with 10 things you probably didn't know about Mad Max:

Influenced by the 1973 oil crisis that turned many motorists all over the globe to violence, Mad Max depicted a desolate world with long stretches of highways interrupted only by derelict signs of civilization. The remnants of a once strong police force, the Main Force Patrol do their best to maintain law while wild gangs of outlaw bikers loot, rape, and siphon their way through society.

Reactions: TheGatekeeper

Storm82

Dec 16, 2014
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
I can offer some assistance ;)

1. The bad guy killed the officer who was driving the black pursuit special car and stole it. Listen as best as you can to the radio traffic in-between all the V8s screaming and Locktronics howling.

2. The reason for the leather.....not a damn clue :confused:

3. The movie's setting is after nuclear warfare has occurred on earth and it's years later after the fact. Maybe they want to stand out in the wide open country or something. Good question on this one.

The movie as a whole is really different. I don't know what the exact back story is on all of it, but it's got fast, loud, bad-@$$ cars, blinkies and woo-woos, and violence. Yay, violence :D !
I didn't realize the first one was post nuclear... I know the second and third were both post nuclear.

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Anyone seen the trailers for the new, upcoming Mad Max movie?
It looks just like the second movie, a bunch of people running around the wasteland chasing and maiming each other. But its supposed to be a sequel to the first, like showing you what makes Max finally crack and go out on his own. It doesn't look like there are any awesome chases like the opening scene of the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4nzm9ICuo

Reactions: Skip Goulet

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Good point... But he's got hair. :undecided:

Have you noticed how old guys (that is 50 and above.. ^_^  ) are all over the place in action flicks nowadays ?

Penn 54, 55 ? Daniel Craig 50 anytime soon, Bruce Willis.... Well don't even mention it... Liam Neeson 62, and even our national elder Gerard Lanvin still chasing bag guys Sig Sauer in hand at 64 years of age !!

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Good point... But he's got hair. :undecided:

Have you noticed how old guys (that is 50 and above.. ^_^  ) are all over the place in action flicks nowadays ?

Penn 54, 55 ? Daniel Craig 50 anytime soon, Bruce Willis.... Well don't even mention it... Liam Neeson 62, and even our national elder Gerard Lanvin still chasing bag guys Sig Sauer in hand at 64 years of age !!
He looks 60 though. And Arnold is still doing Terminator flicks...there is hope the over 50 crowd!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.