Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
attachicon.gif
ILY ABT.jpg

attachicon.gif
ABT2.jpg
What did they do to that poor Ford wagon?  Argggh!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
while channel surfing i watched an awesome police motor beat on by guv'nor Ahnold in latest Terminator

followed by a spectacular  demolition of an older LAFD engine company...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so I just watched me myself and Irene.... at the end of the movie there is a place in the credits where it says "emergency vehicle equipment provided by whelen engineering" yet the is a scene where there are multiple units in a row with streethawgs..... 

Reactions: Skip Goulet

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
so I just watched me myself and Irene.... at the end of the movie there is a place in the credits where it says "emergency vehicle equipment provided by whelen engineering" yet the is a scene where there are multiple units in a row with streethawgs..... 

at the end, when the Troopers are standing around and the cruisers now have all red lights, those are actual RISP troopers and vehicles, the cars with blue lights used throughout the movie are props... Just a little FYI......Jim Carrey was given the motor he used in the flick...

Reactions: Skippy

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I never really could tell where the green painted cars were from.. I saw this movie ages ago but wal mart had it in the 3 dollar bin so I bought it lol

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
First Blood (Rambo) 1982

1977 Ford LTD II

pdvd_070.6.jpg

pdvd_127.11.jpg

1979 Chrysler New Yorker (Washington State Patrol) Note the siren speaker cover is on backwards

i005586.jpg

pdvd_267.6.jpg

pdvd_289.4.jpg

pdvd_366.3.jpg

pdvd_442.1.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It was audible warning for high speed reverse pursuits.

Jake Rodriguez

Feb 20, 2016
Texas
Reason why is because I am a collector of die cast and other items and I acquired the 1/25 Smokey and the Bandit II police car sans lightbar which is the hardest item to find. I am going to try to customize a 1/25 of this version I have seen on eBay a similar setup but need to know what model type of equipment this lightbar is using

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Reason why is because I am a collector of die cast and other items and I acquired the 1/25 Smokey and the Bandit II police car sans lightbar which is the hardest item to find. I am going to try to customize a 1/25 of this version I have seen on eBay a similar setup but need to know what model type of equipment this lightbar is using

Someone who knows exactly will surely be here soon but, we had a member building a replica of the Smokey and the Bandit II sheriff car and I believe the lightbar is a hodge-podge of equipment. It appears to be a Federal Signal Visibar but I think the Lights are Signal Stat or Dietz (I can never seem to differentiate those two!)

Try searching the forums for that replica thread (if it still exists) Im sure the information is there.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
"Lucy" - 2014
Perfect, and the Sirena GDO sans power cord is good, too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The day before I received my Sirena GDO I saw this movie. Again a good example for, "Remember that [Movie/TV Show]? That is where this is from." Kojak, CHiPs, Lucy, etc.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
From a news story about a lava flow in Hawaii.
large bar.jpg
That's a large bar you got there.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Reactions: JazzDad

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Someone who knows exactly will surely be here soon but, we had a member building a replica of the Smokey and the Bandit II sheriff car and I believe the lightbar is a hodge-podge of equipment. It appears to be a Federal Signal Visibar but I think the Lights are Signal Stat or Dietz (I can never seem to differentiate those two!)

Try searching the forums for that replica thread (if it still exists) Im sure the information is there.

The reason you can't tell Dietz from Signal-Stat is because both were built by Dietz.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.