Multiple New Whelen Lights (With Videos)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
As I mentioned in the IACP thread, the tracer is much nicer than the SOS nLine and the hg2.

I disagree when people say running board lights are not effective. If they are true emergency lights they are effective. 

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
The new Whelen LINSV2 V-Series 2-IN-1 Surface Mount Light[/]

[*]Not for use with Mirror Beam.

[*]Six inch pigtail.

[*]Amp Draw @ 12 VDC: Warning/.75A, Puddle/.12A

[*]Size: 1-9/16" (40mm) H x 1-5/8" (42mm) D x 3-7/8" (98mm) L.

I'm curious as to why you say these are not compatible with mirror beams yet Whelen advertises them with mirror beams? Your post here and your website are the only places I can find that support this claim. Whelen's site doesn't mention this incompatibility either.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I can't wait to see them in person to be able to make an evaluation. I have very disappointed in the H2 and sos because of the segmented lights, and the patterns. I did like the sos version better than H2.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I'm curious as to why you say these are not compatible with mirror beams yet Whelen advertises them with mirror beams? Your post here and your website are the only places I can find that support this claim. Whelen's site doesn't mention this incompatibility either.

Thanks

Because that is what Whelen has listed on everything when we posted them.

Ford Taurus, 2011-2015, Police Interceptor Sedan 2013-2015, Under-the-Side View Mirror Mount for Two LINSV2 Series sold Separately, Pair (Not for use with Mirror Beam™)

Chevy Caprice, 2011-2014, Under-the-Side View Mirror Mount for Two LINSV2 Series sold Separately, Pair (Not for use with Mirror Beam™)

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I have GOT to see the dual avenger with the take downs!!!

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
They have those yellow gortex vents that are supposed to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the light. No idea if water can drain through them from the inside.

The linz6 seems like they are well designed lights that should be water tight. How is the water getting in? Is it traveling up the wires and into the light?

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
They have those yellow gortex vents that are supposed to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the light. No idea if water can drain through them from the inside.

The linz6 seems like they are well designed lights that should be water tight. How is the water getting in? Is it traveling up the wires and into the light?
Well, four of them are mounted to the skin of an aluminum ARE topper. A perfectly smooth surface, with all of the wiring inside. I have no clue how the water is getting in, other than by condensation.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
I can't tell you how many LINZ6's we've returned from our Outer Edge's and under-mirror mounts due to condensation inside.

Thankfully, the Ion 'vents' seem to work, not had any moisture buildup in those.  Supposedly Whelen was going to add those to the LINZ6's, but I haven't seen it (nor can I find where I read it).

Well, four of them are mounted to the skin of an aluminum ARE topper. A perfectly smooth surface, with all of the wiring inside. I have no clue how the water is getting in, other than by condensation.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Found this on Whelen's new product page. Pretty interesting product I think. What do you think? Think it will match SoundOff's Nforce series. I would really love to see a future duo and trio Linz6 too.
It would be nice to have more linz6 options, but I don't foresee them going with duo or trio b/c they already have 6 LEDs in a Lin3-size housing for a single color unit; there's not a whole lot of space to double or triple the amt of LEDs they can fit in there (otherwise it wouldn't be a linz6)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It would be nice to have more linz6 options, but I don't foresee them going with duo or trio b/c they already have 6 LEDs in a Lin3-size housing for a single color unit; there's not a whole lot of space to double or triple the amt of LEDs they can fit in there (otherwise it wouldn't be a linz6)
SOS has done this now with the smaller Nforce series.  9 LED in a linz6 size head

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Well, its 2 LR-11s, so effectively the same as a liberty... Just not as spread out...
But remember, they're not behind an angled windshield, so im curious as to how good they really are.

(Side note, i had a pair of TDs on my FedSig ILS, and they were very bright, so well see. )

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I don't trust anything that's Whelen and dual or triple color especially in WHITE! I have seen SO MANY units with half or more of the white dual color burned out but when it turns the regular red or blue it flashes fine but the white is burned out halfway or all the way. For now I will stay away from anything they offer in white that flashes.

I saw the Whelen Liberty II in person and it was alright kinda big and bulky but alright. Not really into the big front take downs and they only have 3 heads inside?

And those rear Whelen wings for the tahoes........................ they look cheap and tacky on the units but I have to live with it since one of our units has them.... :angry:

I do like those V heads they offer with the puddle lights and take downs they look cool.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
has anyone purchased a Trio Avenger yet?  I got to play with one at EMS Today in Baltimore last weekend.  I was very impressed.  

Not sure if retailers are shipping them yet..

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I love whelen, but I give them an F for effort with the vertex series b/c (IMHO) they haven't made any significant improvements to it since they launched it. Offering a 9 or 12 diode LAW would definitely grab my attention, & even copying some of Feniex's programming ideas to incorporate into the vertex would at least be something (it wouldn't be the first time they ripped off an idea from someone else *cough cough* SOS ghost *cough cough*)

As for the WeVision, they really should choose 2 more disinterested people as their hosts (or at least a young, cute chick as Feniex has done in several vids)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
The reflectors for the vertex caught my eye... a bit. (Now I wonder if they would work with feniex law's) hehehehe. ...

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I prefer the Cannons over the Vertex but the Vertex have better flash patterns and I believe they can be used with an external lasher as well.  With that said does anyone know if you can use the Vertex in/as turn signals like people have done with Cannons? 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.