Multiple New Whelen Lights (With Videos)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's about time they released a linear ion rear deck light! Unfortunately, I'm sure it'll be a pretty penny. Any of the dealers have an idea yet on pricing for the single, duo, & trio models?

Also, I find it funny how they make such an emphasis on their vehicle-specific shrouds (as if this is the first ILB ever to have a vehicle-specific shroud) and on the fact that the inner edge can be moved to another vehicle by just purchasing a different shroud

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I like how they took a minute to describe flash back and how its like having kids in the back seat distracting you... like flashback was a new idea....

and those people are so "right" for that job....

:hopeless:

Reactions: Carlsson

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I'm kinda amazed that in 2015, when strobes have been a thing of the past for a while and Whelen just discontinued their Super Strobe, they offer a center strobe in their latest and greatest fully redesigned Liberty II of all things. I'm sure it's just meant as an Opticom or whatever, but I woulda thought they'd be pushing the infrared-LEDs exclusively instead. Maybe there's just too many jurisdictions still using strobe preemption devices, and detectors that rely on the visible spectrum...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The M4V doesnt look bad, hopefully they do this to the M9 (if they haven't already).

Agreed on the ION-T looking like the LED Tomar RECT- series lights, very nice!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
"Freedom IV"? I know what the I and II are but what happened to the Freedom III? Or are they pulling a WIndows 10 and forgetting how to count?

Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
whats a diad?

coulda just said 2 level...

Last edited by a moderator:

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Dual level might be trade marked by someone else. "Linear" is trademarked by Whelen and they tried taking Star/SVP to court over their "Lineum" named optics being too similar.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
"Freedom IV"? I know what the I and II are but what happened to the Freedom III? Or are they pulling a WIndows 10 and forgetting how to count?
They did that for a reason...

Though skipping the 13th floor when building a skyscraper comes to mind....

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Those whelen guys always remind me of the generic Nazi SS characters in the movies lol.....

No body has the flow or character of the siren net guy

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Those whelen guys always remind me of the generic Nazi SS characters in the movies lol.....

No body has the flow or character of the siren net guy
Who are you pacifically talking about? Chris?  :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.