My 2007 Toyota Tacoma Safety Vehicle.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
Ipuvaepe said:
Since you guys steamrolled right over this, this is cheapochina stuff too. Though, it is one of the better Cheap O'China in my opinion. Have recommended it as auxiliary extreme budget lighting before.
I got it for $150. I agree its cheap China but I dont have 1 grand to lay down on a Whelen version. With that said I will be replacing it in the coming months.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Didn't say it needs to be replaced, it may be Cheap O'China but it still meets minimum requirements and suits your needs. Plus, for $250 new (or $150 for you, guessing healthywhlsls?) I'd say the cost to useful effectiveness ratio is pretty high for you.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
robert911 said:
Who cares why he has these lights? I have lights in my truck and I don't really need them. I've had all types of flashing, alternating, blinky, rotating, etc, lights.....for a lot longer than this forum or even the internet has been around. I like lights.

I appreciate your comments. Also I think what people fail to realize is I have had lights for a few years now and I have been stopped a few times where cops have asked about the lights. I tell them the truth and that's about it. They leave me alone. If I was breaking any laws I would have been arrested by now. I work in a city which I will not name where their are cops everywhere, almost on every street. I definitely would have gotten snagged if I was breaking any laws.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
What interior bar did you go with? I have the same truck 06 double cab and currently has a dual avenger. Been itching for an interior bar....

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
mhayhurstjr said:
I assume that there is a correlation between lights and age? im 23.

I was going to suggest ways to turn your 'passion into a career', but 108fp1 listed a lot of them already. Get a degree under your belt (some colleges even offer Emergency Management bachelors) and get any extra training you can (EMT, NIMS, etc). If you buckle down, you can be a get all that our of the way by the time you are 27 and maybe even look into getting on with FEMA or the state version.

My best friend wanted to be in Emergency Management, so he joined our local EMA search and rescue at 18, enlisted in the Coast Guard at 19, joined a volly FF to get his fire cert, took First Responder, got hired with a PD and got POST certified, and is currently taking EMT-B. While in the CG, he took every online class he could find through NIMS, FEMA, and GEMA, and then every field class when he came home. He was the youngest Certified Emergency Manager in the state and worked for a company doing OSHA inspections. He just turned 30 and is a police sergeant and part time OSHA inspector for a steel fabrication company. The only think stopping him from getting on as a county EMA director is not having a degree. He has lost out to people with a lot less training an experience who had that piece of paper saying BA or BS.

medic6414

Oct 9, 2010
USA, MN
mhayhurstjr said:
Thanks man ya it was odd when I added some pictures for others to see how a Tacoma is set up and BAM I was getting criticized. Its the nature of these types of Forums I guess. As far as EMS, I am not sure yet. I want to pursue it in NC, but not here in Florida.

this is true people tend to act very tough on the internet. and being a First Responder at Age 17 in MN working at a local race track i had an amber mx7000 on my truck and never had issues with law enforcement when i would be asked about its use/ purpose. and to this day i continue to work at the race track on my days off, as well as providing EMS support for other events like MS society bike rides. and as a full time paramedic, and critical care medic, army combat medic (currently deployed to the sand box), EVOC instructor, ALS EMS educator all at 24yrs old i bet some on here would call me a whacker, just because i have amber lights on a truck!

sorry guys im done ranting, this website brings me small moments of joy in this shit hole part of the world. we are all here for one common interest.

mhayhurstjr again truck looks good, these guys will back off at some point. dont let them push someone out, that could probibly contribute alot to this site. as far as EMS goes, DO IT!! its a great job.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
All joking aside i like your set up do you have a video of this interior bar im curious if its bright looks pretty good.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I dont really give a kangaroo's penis what the kid does with his vehicle and lights. As I mentioned, I dont know what the laws or expectations are in Florida. I went through my happy helper phase and turned it into a respected position. But I always knew my place, and never made myself out to be more than I was. Nor wold I stroke said kangaroo's dong with any effort to gain favor with you who share the love and will justify having lights for any reason. I mean really? Those who get twisted becasue a tow truck has a legitimate reason for lights but you have to create excuses to outfit your personal car are just to funny to pass by. You who are getting jealous becasue the Gruman van selling you a cherry bomb has a amber highlighter, while you get looked at funny by the PD in your Crown victoria with Chinese lights makes me smile. And while I am sure there are more productive things I could be doing instead of being a fierce internet warrior, the same can be said for pretending to need blinkies. Even more fun, the same can be asked of each individual who posts their justification and or contempt against those of use who do question things...ironic yes? Stay thirsty my friends.

mhayhurstjr said:
Hilo, I would appreciate it if you did not reply further in this post please. I am not a whacker and I enjoy helping my community and helping my local firefighter. I am in the process of starting a career in the general field of emergency management.

Indeed you are a wacker OP. A classic case. But like being fat, or living at home with your parents after 18, its a choice. And you can either embrace your choice and live with it, or be ashamed when someone questions your choice, or change your attitude. If all you want to do it help your community, and local FF, your doing it right by being a part of a legit group. There are a few other groups that provide rehab for FF's and LE's, great peple to have around. The Salvation army in Dallas sponsers a very large truck based out of a fire Station, and it runs full code 3, red's and sirens to 2 alarm's and up. And while you might be certfied in soemthing, your not really what you think. Sure, you have a first responder certificate, but what are you first responding to? When 911 is called, how are you toned out? Sure, you have more cash tied up in your full 'undercover' amber light set up than I do in my savings account, but it does not make you any more official than a street sweeper. And you come off like a wimpering bitch. smiley-sex010.gif

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Your setup looks good, I like it. I am not bashing you here, I thought you had to be affiliated with an EMS Agency to be a certified National Registry First Responder?

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
RL1 said:
I was going to suggest ways to turn your 'passion into a career', but 108fp1 listed a lot of them already. Get a degree under your belt (some colleges even offer Emergency Management bachelors) and get any extra training you can (EMT, NIMS, etc). If you buckle down, you can be a get all that our of the way by the time you are 27 and maybe even look into getting on with FEMA or the state version.

I appreciate your post. I am having a hard time finding emergency management degrees here in Florida. I do have an AS in info tech though lol.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
I might have misunderstood your intentions, I am noticing more and more that I want to make a profession out of it. I am not fat but do live at home, I dont get paid a whole lot so I can not afford to move out at this time. I am looking to maybe move to nc to get an emergency management degree so I can do something professionally.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
Grotonems5 said:
Your setup looks good, I like it. I am not bashing you here, I thought you had to be affiliated with an EMS Agency to be a certified National Registry First Responder?

Not sure if I am a member of the national registry. I just toke a bunch of classes and received a DOT certificate as a first responder. I have never used any of that training yet though.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
mhayhurstjr said:
I might have misunderstood your intentions, I am noticing more and more that I want to make a profession out of it. I am not fat but do live at home, I dont get paid a whole lot so I can not afford to move out at this time. I am looking to maybe move to nc to get an emergency management degree so I can do something professionally.

I'm fat, but have my own townhouse. I want a new vehicle, but am not ready to get back into a car payment. I also like goats. :D

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
mhayhurstjr said:
You have? Im on facebook and youtube thats about it I think.

Yeah, Its not one of those. I not gonna post were because I don't wanna hear the whacker flames come back up.

Good Luck man & Keep Focused.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
strobecrazy said:
Yeah, Its not one of those. I not gonna post were because I don't wanna hear the whacker flames come back up.

Good Luck man & Keep Focused.

Okay thanks, can you private message me at least please. I am concerned about my vehicle being out their because this is the first time i am showing it off.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Whoops, wrong thread. I wish we could delete our own posts, I know VB supports it.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
If you were NREMT- First Responder, you would know it. I'm the only one with on my local FD and they weren't sure what to do with me at first. NREMT-FR is 80 hrs, while state is only 40. They debated on giving me an EMT patch (all EMT's, B, I, A, etc wear the same dept made patch) or FR. I said I didn't care and they gave me both.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
RL1 said:
If you were NREMT- First Responder, you would know it. I'm the only one with on my local FD and they weren't sure what to do with me at first. NREMT-FR is 80 hrs, while state is only 40. They debated on giving me an EMT patch (all EMT's, B, I, A, etc wear the same dept made patch) or FR. I said I didn't care and they gave me both.

Oh okay, Ill have to look that up then and maybe get that. Thanks for the clarification.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
mhayhurstjr said:
Oh okay, Ill have to look that up then and maybe get that. Thanks for the clarification.

If you took and passed NR, they send you a packet, a patch, and a wallet card with your number on it. Mine expired in 08 and I still have the number memorized, haha.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Neat! I like how there is more lighting to the front than the rear. You need intersection lights though....got to get the attention of cross traffic.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Looks like a solid, well planned out installation! I agree with HILO - some front intersection warning would be nice (possibly a stealth bracket, surface mount light on the front fenders, etc). Otherwise, well done!

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
Thanks guys, ya I run into a problem with the back because I don't have a lot of room. As far as side lighting, I think that will be fixed once I get my Leer topper and Front Brush Guard. I will be moving some lighting around too. When I first started this project man the install as very bad lol. I had wire hanging and stuff. But I noticed really the more you know about the inside of your vehicle the more you can hide wires and such. Defiantly not done yet. lol.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I like the setup but thats a lot of lights for something that cant respond.

mhayhurstjr

Sep 18, 2011
Benson NC
DLuccia said:
I like the setup but thats a lot of lights for something that cant respond.

I agree a little, I will be changing a bunch of the lights when I get the other addon's to the truck. The truck still needs to be visible at fires and stuff. I think the vizor light maybe be a bit much and I dont like it that much. lol

Sierra117

Mar 31, 2011
CA, USA
I'm only a hobbyist-lite as well, but I think you've got way too much forward warning. If I were you, I'd just get a used amber lightbar from a security company or one of the members here and slap it up top. No one will see your interior bar in the rearview, nor your LEDs in the grill. If your vehicle is parked as a command vehicle, then a 360* view is preferred, and nothing beats a nice lightbar for that!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Sierra117 said:
I'm only a hobbyist-lite as well, but I think you've got way too much forward warning. If I were you, I'd just get a used amber lightbar from a security company or one of the members here and slap it up top. No one will see your interior bar in the rearview, nor your LEDs in the grill. If your vehicle is parked as a command vehicle, then a 360* view is preferred, and nothing beats a nice lightbar for that!

No! the ambigious "undercover" look is better than a security gaurd light bar. Needs a TBL, or FOP supporter sticker. And intersection coverage.

Sierra117

Mar 31, 2011
CA, USA
HILO said:
No! the ambigious "undercover" look is better than a security gaurd light bar. Needs a TBL, or FOP supporter sticker. And intersection coverage.

Well if that's the case, then maybe also some hide away strobes in the front? And maybe some mounted with tape onto the bumper? And definitely needs some of those antennas on there. You know, the black ones that are all short and round?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.