My 2nd Visibar

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I picked this visibar up last weekend in Ohio.
It didn't work. But after some adjusting, cleaning and greasing, I got it going.
It spins slow though. I might need a new motor.
I however forgot to take photo's before taking it apart.
It had double facing lollipop lights on it (grote brand Red/red) and a CP100
fender mount siren on home fab mounting bracket.
Clear domes and red/clear bulbs on both ends.
Question for the group is, I know the two large holes in the center are for wires.
But what are the two smaller holes in the front? My other visibar doesn't have them in the front.
And are motor's easy to find for this?
IMG_0736.JPG

Back side
IMG_0737.JPG

Front side
IMG_0738.JPG

Reactions: jph2

Jul 14, 2014
NV
The two smaller offset holes appear to be for a two way radio antenna bracket. Possibly the agency didn't want to, or didn't know how, to drop the headliner. And opted to mount the antenna to the cross bar.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
If the motor spins it is good. Several factors to consider. The motor just might need a good cleaning. Also on these pay attention to the chain tension. If to tight it will slow it down and make it noisy. Play with the tension by loosening the slave while it is running. I clean these motors /repair if needed.

Reactions: NoVAFed and HCSO249
If motor is slow you might want to check the brush (s). If they are dirty, worn, or damaged they can interfere with not conducting electricity. If they're are dirty a little cleaning of the commutator and reshaping the brushes will help. Chain tension can also slow if tight. It was pretty common to ditch the chain and add a motor to the slave light in the cheap departments. It always paid to check the lense clamps...sometimes people flicked them open. Over 35 mph and they would fly off. I used to swap the lenses from side to side. It pissed off the Chief enough that a memo was issued threatening everybody. Somehow his car ended up with amber domes. I used a visibar for a decade, at the time they were pretty "modern". Enjoy this bar, a lot of history.

Reactions: NVFD612

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.