My dept took delivery of a new Caprice!

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I have some serious issues with these cars.

First and foremost, I am an FTO. I am 6-04, there is NO WAY that I am sitting in the passenger seat of that car while some rookie is driving. That is completely unacceptable to me.

Second, how can you reach all that stuff? I don't like current console. The laptop blocks the radio and climate control. The patrol radio is mounted UNDERNEATH the laptop, with a small area that I can reach into to adjust voloume, change to different channel. The siren is mounted directly in front of the cigarette adaptors, so I gotta reach around them to turn the lights on. The e-tickets scanner and printer are in the back seat. Still, I prefer that goofy setup to not being able to reach or manipulate all the controls.

Third, we don't have cage cars, we don't have transport vehicles... the prisoner rides in the front passenger seat. I can't imagine trying to put a combative prisoner into that seat without damaging equipment.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
CrownVic97 said:
I can hear that deputy now after the testing period: "The car is freakin' awesome, but the equipment setup and Jotto can shove it up their bunghole...HARD."

This picture is just painful to look at.... :puke:

My eyes ache...no joke.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Clearly, there are better console options that don't appear to interfere with the floor shifter. The console listed earlier is ponderous. Whoever purchased that contraption failed big time.

Caprice_2011_Police_Console_Havis.jpg

425-6691-Caprice-Police-Console-Jotto.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
la_canuck

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.