My First Dumpster Dive. What is 86" long and .... ?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Somebody retrieved this from the dumpster for me.DSC_0547-c.jpg
86" long, with 4 rotators and 3 LED's. The center LED is amber, the end LED's are cornered !

DSC_0554 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0556 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0557 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0555 (Medium).JPG

It needs a little cleaning up, but everything works. I am going to have to replace the connectors, but this thing needs very little. It is a Whelen 4500 Plus Series. The date is faded and most of the numbers are . I will put it in photoshop and see what I can bring forward later.
DSC_0559-c (Medium).jpg

I will do a video when I get it all cleaned up. The big question is..... where do you put an 86" lightbar? I don't think I have a wall this big !!

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Whilte dumpster diving must pay off from time to time, does it usually turn out to be like this?

Dumpster divers be: "Rumaging in trashes, rumaging in trashes"
Cop walks by: "What are you doing behind that firehouse?"
Dumpster diver: "I'm searching for that impossible-to-find free lightbar"
Cop be like:"WTF?!"

;)

Reactions: JazzDad

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I have another one that was found with this one. It is a 76" all LED, but three of the LED's are missing. All the covers are there. The flasher is in it and the lights light up and flash side to side. The markers light and this one has two center alley lights that also light. I am trying to decide if I want to try and rebuild it or part it out. It has some good parts. These Whelen 4500's are build a lights and are compartmentalized. You can take an LED out and put in a Halogen or a rotator, or an oscillator. You can arrange anyway you want.

I have a couple of the halogen sections but the tubes are burned out. I wonder if the tubes can be replaced or is it a toss and replace only. Going to have to mess with that.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
^^^^^^^
acdn.smosh.com_sites_default_files_ftpuploads_bloguploads_thumbs_guns_terminator.jpga3.bp.blogspot.com__qUH2sD4GWB0_UUn5xBphLjI_AAAAAAAAA2o_MMYWv7073126e0480f9eada327963dedc588f0.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.