My First Tomar (aka the two ton wonder)

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I recently got this Tomar bar.

Everything works except the rear center blue/amber halogen flashers (burnt out bulbs).

Looks like one Rect 37 was replaced. And I need to clean the len's a bit more.

I call it the two ton wonder because it's very heavy. heavier than a vector bar.

There are no decals or tags on this to tell me what model it is.

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_006_5.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_005_5.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_007_6.jpg

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
My thoughts exactly when I got my first! damn heavy! great looking bar, these things kick ass! its just a 950N, thats the model number. The N stands for neobe, L LED, H halogen. if i recall correctly, the 5 is for 5 lights wide.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
Richard P said:
My thoughts exactly when I got my first! damn heavy! great looking bar, these things kick ass! its just a 950N, thats the model number. The N stands for neobe, L LED, H halogen. if i recall correctly, the 5 is for 5 lights wide.
Ok, Cool. Thanks

Tomar still shows the strobe ones on their site, I just hadn't looked at it as closely as I should've.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Those things do weigh a TON . . . I traded mine for a bunch of stuff not too long ago to someone who actually uses it on his POV. I would have kept it, but it was just too heavy to be reasonably transported from room to room in my house. And the guy offered me some great stuff in trade for it. Enjoy it, they're the best strobe bars!

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
I bought a mini version from a member a while back and I love mine. It's not the best looking lightbar however it's got to be one of the best strobe lightbars I've had! I can recognize a Heliobe right away. Not just because of its bulky look but because of how the strobes look when activated. It definitely has that look of neon, as Tomar mentions and the Never Dark mode is amazing.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Hoser said:
Very nice, got a Red/Clear/Amber one from Sarasota FL FD siting down there waiting on me to bring it home with me.

I think it is a 930N. I had one I just gutted from Lake Mary PD. I also have one that is all blue and is all strobe. And ya they are heavy. I like the fact that tomar made it standard for a traffic director pattern for the rear of their bars.

Last edited by a moderator:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
That aint heavy! :nono: Now a Whelen B-LINK 10000 is HEAVY! LOL!

Nice bar! Tomar does make the best strobe stuff on the planet! :thumbsup:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have replacement parts if need be. I parted out the exact same bar last year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.