my holy grail commander strobe and cj184

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Is the base gasket for the 5200-PA original or something you have found to be similar in size?
I have a NOS 5200-PA the lack that gasket and I have not found any identical to the original yet.
Actually, I took the gasket from the 5200-PA to make a NOS 994-PA complete as it was missing the gasket.
If you have used a replacement gasket I would be please to know where you have got it so I can try to get one myself.

In any case it is a nice pair of classical lights you have.
You seems to like blue light over red?
Most of my light are blue in my collection.

I have a NOS CJ-184 made in 1975 that should have been blue if not the very odd thing of Federal by having the light delivered upside down made the lens scattered during the transport.
Fortunately I got a new red lens from John Dorgan so it is now red instead.

The 5200-PA was a NOS amber light without a speaker and I bought three good used blue lenses from Great Britain of which I took the less scratchy one and mounted it on the light.
It is still without a speaker because it is completely unnecessary to install a speaker in the base.
No one can see that it is a speaker inside or not and it take only a short time to install any TS-100 type speaker if I want one inside.
Why should I?

Michael

Last edited:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Super nice. Love the CJ with the blue dome. I have it's twin. I got it with the intention to restore it and sell it. It was cheap but in horrible shape. Fixed it up then couldn't let it go. Great looking light.

Reactions: Mustang302

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Super nice. Love the CJ with the blue dome. I have it's twin. I got it with the intention to restore it and sell it. It was cheap but in horrible shape. Fixed it up then couldn't let it go. Great looking light.
Thanks I love it too!!!!

Nice pair, right there. They look great!
Thanks

Nice pair, right there. They look great!
Thanks so much great stuff

how many tubes in the commander
1 tube

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.