M'y install. 2002 chevrolet trailblazer

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Your located in Paris, France, but you car has New York plates? Something seems off here.

If those are hideaway strobes that you have the grill, then I just learned something. I did not think they were designed to be exposed to the elements.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
hoj1192 said:
Did you put hideaway strobe tubes in the grill, thats what it looks like

x2

firefighter7017 said:
Your located in Paris, France, but you car has New York plates? Something seems off here.

If those are hideaway strobes that you have the grill, then I just learned something. I did not think they were designed to be exposed to the elements.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little put off by that.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Oh, and before he takes down the videos, it's a newer style (blue and yellow-ish) NY Reg : FBY-2817... just in case.

Vehicle is a black/dark blue chevorlet Trailblazer, appears to be newer body style. Maybe someone with a blazer can better identify the year.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
foxtrot5 said:
x2

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little put off by that.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but red/blue lights on a Trailblazer, both lights are throw lights so they are easily removable, and the guy claims to live in France but has current NY plates? Something just seems fishy.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. Who knows. It is the internet after all.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Something definitely doesn't seem right about this, a trailblazer owned by someone who says they live in Paris, France with the newer style NYS tags. Something rings a bell and it's not the good one for dinner.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Figured I'll also mention that in NYS NO ONE (besides the feds) are authorized R/B to the front.

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France
To answer your questions, I live in France but much as I participated in numerous show cars I have new york license plates becaus my theme is new york undercover police car.

The color of mine TB is black.

I put two pair of flashers into the frog front light and Behind the grill and two Led flash one bleu/ red.

Exactly on France police in Paris would be all blue, not blue and red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Trailblazer075 said:
To answer your questions, I live in France but much as I participated in numerous show cars I have new york license plates becaus my theme is new york undercover police car.
The color of mine TB is black.

I put two pair of flashers into the frog front light and Behind the grill and two Led flash one bleu/ red.

Exactly on France police in Paris would be all blue, not blue and red.

If you are trying to replicate a New York police car, why are you running red/blue? Traditionally, NY State runs red or red/white. How exactly did you get new issue New York State plates again? Something still seems off here.

BUT. As I said before, I could be wrong, and if I am, more power to you. Glad your having fun with lights, hopefully legally. Enjoy the forums.

mel

Jan 20, 2012
USA NE OHIO
foxtrot5 said:
Oh, and before he takes down the videos, it's a newer style (blue and yellow-ish) NY Reg : FBY-2817... just in case.

Vehicle is a black/dark blue chevorlet Trailblazer, appears to be newer body style. Maybe someone with a blazer can better identify the year.

It's an 02 says in the title

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
mel said:
It's an 02 says in the title

Yes, and on other forums I'm a millionaire body-builder with no tan lines. (not really, but you get the idea)

I'm still wondering, like others, how one gets the newest style NYS plates in France and, also like others, if you are trying to do NY unmarked why use R/B?

Finally, I'm just feeling cynical today.

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France
firefighter7017 said:
If you are trying to replicate a New York police car, why are you running red/blue? Traditionally, NY State runs red or red/white. How exactly did you get new issue New York State plates again? Something still seems off here.

BUT. As I said before, I could be wrong, and if I am, more power to you. Glad your having fun with lights, hopefully legally. Enjoy the forums.

Thank you, indeed your use of this kind of lights are prohibited on the open road, this is why I do not use that in the show cars on closed roads or private.

I am more police in Paris and I have permission to detain these lights on my car.

enjoy french us show cars:

LOGNES US CARS | Facebook

Untitled Album | Facebook

Lognes 77 Rasso US car le 15/07 | Facebook

LOGNES AERODROME 20/05 | Facebook

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France
foxtrot5 said:
Yes, and on other forums I'm a millionaire body-builder with no tan lines. (not really, but you get the idea)

I'm still wondering, like others, how one gets the newest style NYS plates in France and, also like others, if you are trying to do NY unmarked why use R/B?

Finally, I'm just feeling cynical today.

Can you post a picture or video of a undercover new york police car plz?

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
The pics of the Trailblazer on the bottom of this thread show vintage NY plates, but the videos show current NY plates..... Even more fishy, also if those are actual NYS license plates I would remove them as there might be laws regarding them, especially with exporting. For videos regarding NYC detective vehicles just go to wwwrescue911de or code3paris on youtube.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Didn't even realize his photos and videos have two different NY plates, I could believe the vintage ones being sold on ebay I've seen them myself, but not the new ones since if you get new plates or anything like that you turn them in, people can't really keep them. Just gets more and more sketchy.

galawdawg

Sep 2, 2012
Northeast Georgia
efdny2003 said:
Didn't even realize his photos and videos have two different NY plates, I could believe the vintage ones being sold on ebay I've seen them myself, but not the new ones since if you get new plates or anything like that you turn them in, people can't really keep them. Just gets more and more sketchy.

I also didn't catch the plates in the video. But, here's an eBay listing with new style plates: USA NEW YORK GOLD EMPIRE STATE LICENSE PLATE | eBay

galawdawg

Sep 2, 2012
Northeast Georgia
The Trailblazer in the photo with the Eiffel Tower (with french language on the hosting page) does appear to have the same grille mounted LED as in the first video. The first video also appears to have a European style sign in the background (the forward facing car with the slash through it) and an articulated bus drives by in the background in the first few seconds, they do use those in Paris...

Bienvenue à elightbars...

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Ive seen his trailblazer on another site he is indeed from "across the pond." Also IIRC he said the tags and decals get removed when on public roadways.

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
well i whent to google maps. and looked it up to see if i could see if there are land marks beside the eiffel tower. and i can see the handicap sign bellow the front bumper is in the same location as in the google map picture. as well as the pay phone to the left and the sign reflection on the hood. but the google map picture dont show the graffiti on the cement pillar or the electrical box just left of the graffiti

france pic.jpg

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
His youtube channel is all full of Frenchy videos.

He could be telling the truth........

Or maybe he's a Canadian 'Frenchy"

(on a side note, he probably has one NYS old plate, and a NYS new plate. Being that they don't match, it doesn't matter to him which one he puts

in the front or back.)

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France
You give yourself a lot of trouble to find out whether or not I am in FRANCE!

Well!

J for sheets have several models.

In fact I have very old and in 2008 and 2010.

I did not know that 2010 was so hard to find.

For the avoidance of doubt I'll send you a picture of all my plate and I will return near the Eiffel Tower as soon as possible.

Indeed, LED flash and were not yet installed.

Sep 21, 2012
Paris. France
you give some job!

My daugther help me (i change my real number with photoshop i dont want to see my plate on a other car here.

look my french license plate and my hold NY plate!

aimg15.hostingpics.net_pics_200386IMG4083.jpg

My 2010

aimg15.hostingpics.net_pics_180936IMG4081.jpg

and 2008

aimg15.hostingpics.net_pics_533037IMG4080.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.