Need advice on Cone Removal

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I picked up a Federal TS100 A1 series speaker today. I want to refub it and need to remove the cone and mounting bracket. Anyone have any good advice for removing a stuck cone? I tried gripping it by hand and it won't budge. Afraid to put too much pressure on it yet until I get some experience advice.

Speaker (Medium).jpg

NESQ115

Jan 21, 2012
New York
First I've heard of a stuck one. I've always been able to just hold the cone and firmly turn it counter-clockwise. Maybe you can manage to squirt a lubricant like WD-40 into the threads with a flexible tube, and let it soak a bit.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
WD-40 is the opposite of a lubricant. In fact, it makes a reasonable degreaser.
I did not explain what I ment with a lubricant.
It is used as a help for installing packing material into packing boxes on pumps at my work.
It is only for temporary lubrication.
It do not stay on the parts for long so it is a bad lubricant for long time usage.

WD-40 is, to my knowledge, invented as a water repellant product and nothing else but can be used for other things also.

What I tried to say was, that there are some much better products that are for corrosion dissolving/removal.

Michael

Henri

Dec 28, 2017
France
Hello Skulldigger
You have documents and schema, for Federal Signal Aerodynic model 24 if yes you can send them to me on my mail box henri.sessa@free.fr thank you,excuse me for english i'm french !!!

Henri

Dec 28, 2017
France
Thank you Skulldigger,you have a picture or a document or I can see the underside of the mounting plate where there are two gears and the belt thank you

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.