NEW Feniex T-6 (discussion thread)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yes. It is not advised to leave off. It is critical to the longevity of the light. I haven't had any issues hiding it on my installs It wasn't included in the unit for heat purposes. Would have added to overall size if the light head

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Im not worried about hiding it. It just gets pretty warm. I guess they dont put them on the split color heads because they only expect them to be on split patterns?

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
The new brackets have a larger round hole instead of the square. The inline resistor fits throu just fine.

Anyone know if there's any major hardware store that sells the little bolts that slide in but in longer bolt lengths? I'd love to do a through-grille installation but the bolts aren't long enough.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
SirenWorld.com said:
The new brackets have a larger round hole instead of the square. The inline resistor fits throu just fine.

Anyone know if there's any major hardware store that sells the little bolts that slide in but in longer bolt lengths? I'd love to do a through-grille installation but the bolts aren't long enough.
I must have been sent the old brackets then.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
SirenWorld.com said:

I have an install where I will be putting a 800 on a rear window cage and let you know how I get it figured out.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
theroofable said:
I must have been sent the old brackets then.

Sorry about that Adam, I didn't even remember that when I sent them out for you. I ordered all my T6s and brackets when the T6 first came out. If it is too much trouble, I can see to it that you get the new style bracket.

Hope you're enjoying the T6 besides that!

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
fier23 said:
Better fix that month long shipping time while your at it. I know I'm for one tired of losing customers over that. Having a great product is one thing, waiting a month only for them to go buy whelen or code3 who ship to you within a week is a whole other can of worms.......

The only way you get it from any manufacturer is if they have it in stock....custom Inner Edge and Dominator lightbars have an up to 6 week lead time on them....

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
emtanderson51 said:
The only way you get it from any manufacturer is if they have it in stock....custom Inner Edge and Dominator lightbars have an up to 6 week lead time on them....

I'll agree... the majority of manufacturers have some kind of lead time. I just ordered some strobe beacons from Star this week and they won't even ship until next week.

Fact of the business... best bet is to find stocking dealers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.