New ride!!! 2011 Escape Upfit

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
dont need to order one from there.... bought one from havis via a member here on the forum but im still waiting on it to get here.... (been over a month now was back logged 3-4 weeks so maybe ill get a tracking number soon)

Light reattaching time...
IMG_0348.JPG

theres the 4 light

IMG_0349.JPG

left 2x

IMG_0350.JPG

and right..

this is a very sturdy setup.. probably weighhs 10+ lbs

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
in the process of mounting and dismounting lights for mock up and final installment one of the screws has gotten up and walked away so i need to see if Craig might be able to help me find a local supplier of them..

wiring time...IMG_0351.JPG

attaching grounds of reds together..

IMG_0352.JPG

positive for all ambers and barrell connectors for grounds for ambers...

the rotary flasher uses grounds to flash the LEDS and the SOS flasher uses positives to flash the reds. I had Craig make my outer lights have individual power and grounds when theses were in the kia for easier wiring...

IMG_0353.JPG

backside of the mounting bar..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
bar all together and wiring loomed inside the back...

IMG_0354.JPG

the white extension chord to the left is for the Christmas lights attached to the luggage rack...

once i get the antennas on roof and wont have to keep moving the bar ill get my finger prints off of the lens... LOL

and to get all this wired up next....

IMG_0355.JPG

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Just a suggestion... everything looks great, but is mounting the rear light stick to the tail gate an option? I've found most installs I've done, and gave that option to the customer they almost always say, " put it up there" so they don't hit their head every time they reach in for gear, have a little more cargo clearence, and don't blind themselves when they open the tail gate with their lights on... but I've not done an escape, so I'm not sure what it looks like back there...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
lights arent waterproof, so no external mounting... if thats what your asking... the "deck" and "roof" of the tailgate is sloped so it wouldnt easily fit their either. the deck of the tailgate is almost inline with the top of the S/T/T so all the lighting at that point would be mid level...

i looked at vids of escapes on youtube and looks like a 4 - 6 light stick would be the only thing able to be mounted to the tailgate so this was the best choice i saw... (easy to use existing child restraint hardware)

as they sit now they hang about 3/4 inch from the top of the glass opening. they only stick down about an inch and 1/2 from the top of the inside and its only an inch wide so not much loss in storage... as for view blocking when on... ill find that out when i get there LOL and im average height at 5'8" so no knocking my head on this

found the missing screw this morning.. almost in my foot in the bathroom....

amazing how that works...:rolleyes:

must have caught a ride in my boot the other day and then fell out

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I meant on the inside, of the gate, looking out from the glass... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... I would also suggest a rocker switch in line with the power to the bar in the cargo area so you could shut it down from the back if you didn't want to blind yourself. It's good to see the job coming along so nicely.. looks good.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ohh ok in that case the bar is too long to fit in that space... lights are 34 inches in length combined, there is a 1 inch space between the lights now.

No need for a switch for the most blinding part.... the flasher that I mounted has an off position

thanks for the compliments...:)

just wish my friggin console would be here already...

Last edited:

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Haven't seen any new updates lol ... hope all is going according to plan... if there's any parts or anything else you might need, let me know. I got a whole shop full stuff. - Ron

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
it was a busy, busy weekend with parades, christmas parties, and a lot of rain so no work was completed... if it stays "warm" tonight ill get the back bar wired in (or at least the reds)

console is supposed to ship today (if it hasnt already)

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
okie dokie so climbed in pulled some panels down and ran loom with factory harness for defroster...

IMG_0358.JPG

i grabbed my non functioning rotary flasher to get the wire arrangement off it so i wouldnt have to dismount the installed one..

IMG_0359.JPG

and began the rewiring process.... here is the other flasher (for the red ends) Getting it set up i forgot that all the power wires for all the ambers get tied into the flasher but that saved me a headache from having to run another power wire. Before bringing this out of the house the other night i had already ran all 3 power wires to one butt connector so that was easy.

the reds i grounded to their flasher's ground to keep from having to run another ground to the ground block..

this is the smaller 2 channel flasher the loom in the background is from the bar

IMG_0362.JPG

and everything all tucked back in its cubby
IMG_0369.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony P

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ambers..

Ping Pong?

gate closed...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
all rear lighting...

and here's the view from the rearview mirror not as bad as id thought itd be...
IMG_0365.JPG

and a nice still

IMG_0367.JPG

now to work on some side lighting, speaker, install, antenna, CONSOLE

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
aocwrestling.net_uploads_3_4_7_5_34753019_1426128353.jpg

console has been delivered

astatic1_squarespace_com_static_5193c946e4b0566afb22a10e_t_556eccb0b1fe3b79ccb7e53f9df97d559b4.png

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
you'll have to keep waiting lol... im at work and its at the house 14 miles away

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the following post may contain pictures which are not considered "pc" for those NSFPCWs

Since my bed sheets are black i took this pic with the bed spread to add some color to the all black console...

the box
IMG_0371.JPG

the console

IMG_0373.JPG

the bracketryIMG_0374.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i have hit a few snags with some brackets but I'm trying to get it worked or figured out...

i opened up the sw400J to get a picture of the wiring so once i have this in i wont have to re disassemble everything..

i found something odd. someone had clipped one of the fuse holders from the main connection and added a wire out the box for the 2 momentary switches (which were taped off and not used..)

since i didnt have enough wire in there to unfix their doing i just added that wire back to the circuit breaker inside...IMG_0376.JPG

you can see the cut wire in the blue ring terminal. the ring terminal that is in the air is now reattached to the screw with the rest of them

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Ive seen those cut on other switch boxes that have come through my shop for use of air horn and phaser functions on the under cover whelen remote siren....if its done right it can be a quick fix, if not....you end up with that lol. i have some spare brackets and switch box parts laying around, let me know if you run into any major headaches.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well why my ride was down with a brake caliper locked up, i spent time finishing the uninstall on the KIA...

transferred the radios power wire over to the escape...

IMG_0390.JPG

through the lovely factory hole in the firewall

IMG_0392.JPG

i took more pictures but some didnt save and one is saying its too big for the website even they are all taken on same device with same parameters....IMG_0394.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well lets see how this next round goes with pictures....

I ran a 4 conductor wire from the rear to where the console will be going...

IMG_0395.JPG

checking wire with battery (seems like half the pic didnt load...)

IMG_0396.JPG

running wire through the trim...

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

and here it is with the radio wire which pictures wouldnt load... and apparently this one is too big as welll.... ugh..

just ordered another T3 for the grill and the mini 4200.

ive got to work today (at work now) and tommorow im either going to get the antennas or the console in on the 3 day weekend.

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I've got in my list to bring them to work tommorow to measure them. I don't have internet at the house so I can't see the pics there lol

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

IMG_0402.JPG

label makers are fun!!!
hint: one of these is not like the other one

this switch box is for the grill lights and feneix siren...

IMG_0404.JPG

placement for cig outlet... fortunaely the holes on it mount up with the nuts in the track so i wont have do any additional drilling except maybe for wiring... to go through.

IMG_0405.JPG

once i get things configured the cig outlet will go here and the usb will go in the console elsewhere

IMG_0406.JPG

and here's the run down, cup holders, switchbox, radio, since i cant find a plate for my older galls switchbox, i have ordered a filler plate and a mini 4200, might be 2 before its over with.. using an older scanner for my mockup but the one going in it is the one pictured previously, but is the exact same size.. with room for another radio at a later date

Reactions: NEB and Doyle257

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the temperature was below freezing last night so i decided to add the main power wire from the battery in... (why not?)

it took me around 30 minutes to get the friggin wire in the loom... trying different methods...

ok for some reason every picture im taking is too large... looks like ill have to photobucket them....

wire all loomed

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0407.jpg

added to the circuit breaker

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0408.jpg

through the firewall

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0409.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
in the vehicle

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0410.jpg

under the console to keep from messing it up (radio wire in blue)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0411.jpg

and here's behind the driver's seat
(blue comms, red power, and the wire from rear distro panel..)
theres nothing in the black loom yet...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0412.jpg

my mini 4200 should be here today, along with the other amber t3 and bracket. the 3 inch filler plate and more wiring i ordered from strobes n more i have no id when it is getting here because they havent sent me any tracking info...

i also tried dremeling the radio bracket and ran through every tip i had trying to shave the faceplate down. almost there before they all broke... :rolleyes:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well after breaking every dremel bit i had and then coming into work and breaking one of ours here i finally got the radio bracket presidential solutioned to work...

IMG_0413.JPG

now to redrill the monting holes since these are useless

IMG_0414.JPG

heres where it started out at..

IMG_0380.JPG
im not going to bust him out in the public but im not very happy with this supplier whose answer to me was after i told him this wasnt the right bracket " i didnt charge you for the brackets so, can you find a way to make them work..."

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
im not going to bust him out in the public but im not very happy with this supplier whose answer to me was after i told him this wasnt the right bracket " i didnt charge you for the brackets so, can you find a way to make them work..."
that is 100% the WRONG answer...and really a pretty big dick move.

Reactions: Evtech161

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
goodies came in last night including the wire i ordered from S N M

IMG_0415.JPG

contents of boxes

IMG_0417.JPG

got the mini 4200 labeled up...

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
popped a hole in the 3 inch filler plate for mini 4200, and added a grommet

IMG_0420.JPG

just got to get some screws to hold her down...

IMG_0421.JPG

I also go the radio mount screws drilled last night...

came into work this morning and its been snowing a good part of the day, they are letting us off work due to said snow so ill have time to do more install LOL...

probably get the wiring ran to the grill lights

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
been busy busy busy...

since they let us off work early friday i stopped by lowes and picked up some hardware...

[Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/military_dude69/IMG_0422.jpg

So i took the amber t3 off from my work golf cart project and added it to the new T3 (the green may be for sale soon)

IMG_0424.JPG

the temperature was in the teens friday night but i got them installed in the grille by doing the same as the appolos, cutting a the top of the slat from its lateral support and using double sided sticky tape, these actually fit all the way in..

IMG_0425.JPG

now the front of the escape looks like a spider LOL

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0426.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
AMber T3's

and with the dual Apollo

wheres the red at?

t3's vs apollo's

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Saurday i went over to my friends and we got the Escape in his garage where it was a little warmer than outside and started on the CONSOLE!!!!

Got the factory one out with no problem, started with the Havis and realized i needed to do a little installing while putting it in to save on trouble later, so i ran the wires/loom for the grill lights while assembling...

IMG_0434.JPG

grill light wiring

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

consoles in, getting ground ready...

IMG_0437.JPG

mock up to make sure things will work right...

IMG_0438.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
grounded the ground bar to the console installation point (bottom of pic) and drilled and screwed the ground bar to the floor..

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0439.jpg

power block in

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0440.jpg

mini 4200 wired in and added rear lights to it..

IMG_0441.JPG

i forgot the scanner hookup wire at the house but i still had the cig plug so this was temporary... the radios wire was pre ran but no antenna here, at this point in time it was around 2 am sunday...

the sw400 isnt hooked up yet

IMG_0442.JPG

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
ooo...it looks pretty sweet. thats gonna be real nice when its done.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yup,

threw a mag mount up for the radio until i can get the nmo s drilled

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0443.jpg

attaching various grill light wires to the 2 switchboxes wiring... also finished installing the T3's

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_IMG_0444.jpg

got the sw400 wired up with power, ground, and the 2 modes for the apollos...

IMG_0445.JPG

the cup holders are the only thing screwed in right now because they arent moving.. i still have a few more things to wire up...

still need to add mode one which will power up a terminal strip which will turn on:

back lighting for sw400
power for 3 port accessory outlet (gps, cell phone charger, dual apollo plug)
power for storm pro
power for usb port
other goodies as needed...

also need to get the 220mhz radio and a bracket for it...

find a place for scanner speaker... the radio's is under the driver seat for now..

find a place to mount microphone for radio and siren, may use space available by mini 4200 for now until i order another one..

im debating if i want to add my streamlight strion charger to the console or in the back somewhere...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
future additions...

HLF
Speaker / siren installation (siren will probably go under passenger seat)
Side warning in rear quarter glass (probably 2 mode Fusions in red/ amber)
Bull Bar (maybe with side warning)

acdn.shopify.com_s_files_1_0362_3661_products_BB_FAK046Ba1_lar41d70f1be6f8fdd9a906311a3a927639.jpeg
Trailer wiring harness
Trailer hitch
Windows Tinted

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.