New to the scene

OP
OP

03ultra

What do I need to make this bar work? All I have is the light bar its self. I was told it would need a wccp controller. What I looked up had a pile of wires coming out of it.

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
What type of lightbar do you have, or what type are you getting?

The WCCP is a WeCan Control Point and is only needed if you get a WeCan controlled lightbar. Whelen sells both Low Current lightbars as well as serially controlled WeCan lightbars. The wires you saw on the WCCP were all just low current trigger wires that would activate features you'd program into the lightbar using Whelen's software. It sounds intimidating, but it's not too bad to figure out... and you have plenty of people here that are masters of the trade.

OP
OP

03ultra

What type of lightbar do you have, or what type are you getting?

The WCCP is a WeCan Control Point and is only needed if you get a WeCan controlled lightbar. Whelen sells both Low Current lightbars as well as serially controlled WeCan lightbars. The wires you saw on the WCCP were all just low current trigger wires that would activate features you'd program into the lightbar using Whelen's software. It sounds intimidating, but it's not too bad to figure out... and you have plenty of people here that are masters of the trade.
I have aWhelen Legacy GS2 RRRR Once I see it working it will be for sale or trade for an amber light. Finally got a pic of the wires up.

Attachments

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
OK, I see now.

You'll need to get the WeCan Control Point before you can get it to work. You're looking at between $20 and $30 for a Control Point.

Nolines

Silver Supporter
It's too bad I can't run this setup on my lfl liberty sx8, I would have loved to run everything through my mpc01

OP
OP

03ultra

Got it working. Now who needs red and has comparable yellow? Thanks for all the help. Will be posting it for sale when I get better pics. well a video wont load

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Serviz
Top Bottom