North American Signal - Siren Master Si-75-C, need wiring guide

tiward

Feb 27, 2012
Arkansas
My volunteer fire department just received a brush truck with an old North American Signal, Si-75-C siren. We want to wire the radio to the siren output, like all of our other trucks. I need a wiring diagram for something even close to that vintage. Any help would be great! I've looked everywhere I can think of???

Thanks in advance!

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I love that NASIG push button siren. We had them in our patrol cars back in the 80's.

Riot mode was the best :woot: .

If you don't get what you need from NASIG, I might have the instal sheets from back then

out in the shop.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
DAMN, John, that gave me goose bumps :thumbsup: .

I went back 30 years in an instant, THANK YOU.

We ran the SI-100M and I did find the pinout for it.

8 pin harness:

1 - red ---------- 12vdc

2 - black -------- ground

3 - brown ------- 12vdc horn ring/foot switch

4 - blue --------- ground horn ring/foot switch

5 - green -------- speaker

6 - orange ------- speaker

7 - yellow -------- radio input

8 - white --------- radio input

Pete

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Pete L. said:
DAMN, John, that gave me goose bumps :thumbsup: .
I went back 30 years in an instant, THANK YOU.

We ran the SI-100M and I did find the pinout for it.

8 pin harness:

1 - red ---------- 12vdc

2 - black -------- ground

3 - brown ------- 12vdc horn ring/foot switch

4 - blue --------- ground horn ring/foot switch

5 - green -------- speaker

6 - orange ------- speaker

7 - yellow -------- radio input

8 - white --------- radio input

Pete

If the siren doesn't have a mic included there will be 2 wires to line in your radio mic too....

tiward

Feb 27, 2012
Arkansas
JohnMarcson said:
If the siren doesn't have a mic included there will be 2 wires to line in your radio mic too....

Thanks to all of you for your help. I called North American Signal - and they were indeed a great help! We are going to wire it tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
tiward said:
Yes, it is the old pushbutton variety. I will give them a call tomorrow!

Good luck with getting any information out of them. I have a friend who's a retired vollie fire chief and he has a couple of the N.A.s like yours that he's had problems with. They did send him a diagram on how to hook up the siren, but refused to send a schematic to help diagnose the internal problem. I just traded for an SI-75, and I think the guy put a label on how to hook it up, so I'll look and see if it shows about the radio hookup, and get back on here.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
Good luck with getting any information out of them. I have a friend who's a retired vollie fire chief and he has a couple of the N.A.s like yours that he's had problems with. They did send him a diagram on how to hook up the siren, but refused to send a schematic to help diagnose the internal problem. I just traded for an SI-75, and I think the guy put a label on how to hook it up, so I'll look and see if it shows about the radio hookup, and get back on here.

many sirens are considered non-user-servicable inside.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:

That's very true, John. But the people at N.A. are absolutely paranoid about anyone seeing a schematic to one of their sirens. My friend whom I mentioned above had talked to them, and he was told that they're afraid of someone duplicating their work. Since they've changed a bit over the years, I don't understand why they're so defensive! :undecided:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
In Canada, the blue pushbutton Siren Master was sold under the Dominion Auto brand name.

JohnMarcson said:

As far as serviceability is concerned, the best siren I've seen is the Federal PA200. I don't care for the sound, but the siren is well thought out compared to earlier designs and it was in production for a very long time. The circuit board is not hard-wired to the amplifier. It's plugged into a long multi-pin jack and can be pulled out for servicing.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Wailer said:
In Canada, the blue pushbutton Siren Master was sold under the Dominion Auto brand name.

As far as serviceability is concerned, the best siren I've seen is the Federal PA200. I don't care for the sound, but the siren is well thought out compared to earlier designs and it was in production for a very long time. The circuit board is not hard-wired to the amplifier. It's plugged into a long multi-pin jack and can be pulled out for servicing.

The PA200 was the first post-Interceptor/Director siren I tried, and loved it. We had an old lowtop Suburban ambulance that had a Q on the roof, so I put the PA200 in this unit with a grille-mounted TS100 speaker. This PA200 could be "hung" between wail and yelp and also between yelp and hi-lo. One time we were going out onto the racetrack following a crash on the track, and when I hung the PA200 between wail and yelp and got that "bark" out of it just before letting loose on the Q, a collective "gasp" could be heard from the audience! Well at least it got someone's attention! ;)

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
Know this is an old thread but instead of starting a new one I have some updated info. I just acquired a SI-100M North American siren. It had a bad on/off/volume switch so I called North American to get a new one. They informed me that siren has not been made in 10 years and no parts or manual were available. I asked him about the website listing it and he laughed and said that maybe they need to update the website. Thanks to member Pete L, I have posted a parts/schematic/wiring pin-out in the Manual section. Will post a video of the SI-100M in the siren demo section when my after-market switch arrives

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Henry455 said:
Know this is an old thread but instead of starting a new one I have some updated info. I just acquired a SI-100M North American siren. It had a bad on/off/volume switch so I called North American to get a new one. They informed me that siren has not been made in 10 years and no parts or manual were available. I asked him about the website listing it and he laughed and said that maybe they need to update the website. Thanks to member Pete L, I have posted a parts/schematic/wiring pin-out in the Manual section. Will post a video of the SI-100M in the siren demo section when my after-market switch arrives

Tim: My friend Harold whom you've heard me speak of has an SI-100M that needs to be rebuilt. I also called North American to try and get a manual for it; and like you, they laughed at me. They did offer to sell a new one for $249. I picked up a nice looking SI-75M off of Craig's list a couple of months and it's in good shape. I'll look for that manual and download it for Harold. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I think it's just Skip stopping in to say hello!

Here's to ya Skip.. I miss the long PM's ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.