NOW it's WRECKED From: Its HERE...OMG.. LOOK at my take home ride.

cory y

May 21, 2010
fireman616wfd said:
hey.. there is some white and amber in there..! haha Mississippi LEO vehicles are blue, allowed amber and clear.

I mean use what you can... but after growing up here in TX all my life and seeing r/w/a/b on squads... all blue just doesnt seem right...

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Very nice setup! I really hope you turn off everything to the rear but that advisor on traffic stops! That must be blinding.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Lots of SOS! A couple of questions and comments:

1) What siren are you using?

2) The front lightbar pattern is just a little fast for me, i would consider to slow it down. I think that a slower pattern helps a lot on traffic stops. But that's just me.

3) Somebody really likes Sound off, i don't think that i have ever seen so much sos in one car. lol

Overall good job

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
This is a much nicer setup than what you had, but is this the same car that had the Edge bar and the full wheel covers from the other thread? If so, why does it have a different license plate now? This plate is G 45530 and the other one was G 45532? Of course, if this is a different car, disregard the questions.

Plus, if you value your health, get rid of those 7 slot rims PRONTO and get the 12 slot style. The 7 slot version was prone to failure, especially at high speed, and they were recalled by Ford, and the 12 slot version is the replacement. You certainly don't want to have them crack and separate while running 80+ MPH. Google about them for more info.

Code3EMT

Jun 16, 2010
California
I am surprised how effective those intersectors are. They are visible from the front all the way to the back!!

I agree with all the lights in the back. That is a lot. I think you could lose the bottom lightbar and it would still be more than sufficient.

As for the spotlight, all our new cars have them. I love them. But because they're pretty pricey, we only have the drive spotlight in LED, the other is halogen.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Well.................. No more car, It has been wrecked and considered a total loss by the insurance company. :(

Didn't even have the equipment installed in this car for a year yet.

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_2011_07_12131510.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_1b2b141e0cb0b9ef9dc68c0968c840c4.jpg

firemedic105

Jun 2, 2010
East Coast of Canada
Dude, what happened and main thing, are you ok?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
ParkPiggy said:
Glad your ok. Honestly haven't heard of brake failure issues in CVPI. Did your county maintenance shop screw something up?

Not really sure.... Brakes pressed and pedal went to the floor board and nothing... We were code 1 non emergency so we were not going fast at all.

They said it was totaled because the frame is bent in a u shape kindoff and both Air Bags deployed. I'm no car expert so I just go by what I was hearing.

And we dont have a county maintenance shop or anything.. Haha. If that tells ya something about our budget.

cip

Jun 23, 2011
North Central Indiana
ParkPiggy said:
Give us a quick review on the LED spotlight! Been looking to hear how Officers like them vs the old halogens.

Oh, and very sharp light set up! I like it!

They are surprisingly bright. I had the same question when they came out. I like it a lot.

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
Are they going to give you another car? Or are they sticking you on desk duty?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
See? If you have installed a push bumper this wouldn't have happened ;) .

All kidding aside, I'm glad no one got hurt and it looks like everything will be able to be pulled from the car and re used.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
11b101abn said:
Thats plain ego right there.

everything else rocks.

naa we are use to it here in Mississippi I know.. Every SHERIFF Patrol vehicle I have seen has the sheriffs name on it. I mean its like a campain add to keep your position and doesnt cost you money I guess haha . When you see a Sheriff car patrolling your area it makes you happy and you see his name and that is who you vote for lol

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
LawrenceM1993 said:
Are they going to give you another car? Or are they sticking you on desk duty?

We dont have desk duty, not enough people..

PLUS i wasnt driving, I had been out all day and another deputy got in and he drove while I rode shotgun so................

As for a new vehicle IDK, im a part-time deputy but just became the counties K9 Deputy (only K9 in the county) and that is because I purchased the dog out of my pocket so I was lucky to have a takehome ride as a part-time. BUT with this dog I have to have a vehicle and the Sheriff understands but we really are broke man... like bad... The sheriff has been talking of a new Tahoe but IDK how that will go with the board of supervisors and one or two of the full-time deputies (they will try to take that and give me their CVPIs, they already said it lol). I will settle for whatever as long as it has a good air system for my pup. So hopefully the next patrol vehicle I post is a Tahoe (dear lord plleaaassseeee) and it will say K9 UNIT on it. haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.