NYPD inappropriate conduct

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
I would say a suspension without pay for a week and inability to promote for a year would suffice. They should have acted more professional but that stuff happens and a harsh "slap on the wrist" should do it.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I think they should be just reprimanded, they're humans too. Just because you're in uniform doesn't take away your right to be human. Sure, there are limitations, but this is just harmless fun.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
my first question is what the hell was that!!!

secondly.

if your going to charge a few cops for inappropriate conduct then shouldnt some citations be issued for public decency or whatever you might want to call"" semi nude" in your area for all those women "shaking what there momma gave them?"

:weird:

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
You gotta remember..If your in uniform someone is watching and at an event with alot of people cameras are everywhere. Im all for having a good time and interacting with the crowd but maintain a professional stature.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Respondcode3 said:
You gotta remember..If your in uniform someone is watching and at an event with alot of people cameras are everywhere. Im all for having a good time and interacting with the crowd but maintain a professional stature.

:iagree:

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
EVT said:
Haha I was thinking the same thing.

So was I.

ISU_Cyclone said:
The sad truth is that everyone there probably had more fun and gained some respect for "the police" in general that day, just by seeing them have fun and be human.

This popped into my head as well.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
my 2 cents.

i dont not at all consider this inappropriate behavior, i do consider this very unprofessional, and unbecoming of a police officer.

this is better then them sitting there cursing out the parade and every one in it, i live on the parade route literally, and i was chatting with some of the cops and they were not happy to say the least about being there also a good number of these guys are rookies and scared crapless so the figured join the fun and show every one hey we are humans vrs getting shot like the cops in the 90 2 of which did get shot also they are new to the street so its ok for them to make a rookie mistake we have all made one. one last thing u cant blame them that much they were most likely forced to work that shift so they figured if we have to be here lets make the most of it

just my 2 cents

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
ISU_Cyclone said:
The sad truth is that everyone there probably had more fun and gained some respect for "the police" in general that day, just by seeing them have fun and be human.

My thoughts exactly, however the more graphic dry humping is what would probably get them in the most trouble. Simply dancing, chatting it up with the crowd, having a good time is wonderful and helps build community relations. Doesn't look like anyone in the crowd objected to what they saw, but if I am his superior officer, I would be a little upset at the conduct of my uniformed officer (dry humping...)

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Whats the big deal when i go work at the club as a police guard i have seen worse by others and im not an angel either.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
they did nothing wrong at all. thats the way mpst West indian dances are anyway. what would you want them to do shove the people away. it was all in fun and it probally earned them some respect in the community.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
funny how most people who think the officers did wrong are not LEO's. remember everyone we, LEO's are normally not very liked by the majority of the community. I see nothing wrong with this just the dry humping. other than that it was all in good fun.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
MEVS06 said:
funny how most people who think the officers did wrong are not LEO's. remember everyone we, LEO's are normally not very liked by the majority of the community. I see nothing wrong with this just the dry humping. other than that it was all in good fun.

Cop or firefighter It doesnt matter. Its shows a lack of professionalism. Im all for having fun with the public but acts of semi sexual nature are in poor taste in the public and they should have maintaned a relaxed attitude but not a vulgar one.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Respondcode3 said:
Cop or firefighter It doesnt matter. Its shows a lack of professionalism. Im all for having fun with the public but acts of semi sexual nature are in poor taste in the public and they should have maintaned a relaxed attitude but not a vulgar one.

/\THIS/\

Unprofessional, enough said.

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
Chalk it up to public relations and move on to the next story.

May 22, 2010
New York City
you know whats funny, everyone is bi***ing about this, and the nypd doesnt even think its a big deal ! so drop it and move on !!!!!!!

if you never worked this detail, than you have no idea what its like !!!!!!!

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
That video made me LOL.. Good for them, looks like everyone was having a good time and it appears the people around the LEOs actually appreciated their moves..

What would people rather they have done, arrested the women for assault on an officer, start a riot, been out numbered?!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.