NYSP 88 SSP Whelen Bar 44"

Hello I am inquiring if anyone has knowledge of the model number of the lightbar used on the 1988 SSP mustang, it was a 44" that's about all I know for sure. I also was curious what make of rear deck light those are, it looks like Whelen as well? The bar was controlled by a Unitrol 480k, so I'm thinking it wasn't an Edge 9000 that was a serial interface. Thanks in advance.
NYSP1988SSPRestored6-vi-2.jpgNYSP1988SSPRestored2-vi.jpg

firebuff17

That’s definitely an Edge lightbar, with a low pro speaker on the top. Not sure the model number though. It’s pre-serial controlled.

StEaLtH2

Enthusiast
the rear deck has lollipop lights, definitely not Whelen, but someone may know the brand, are you restoring a SSP?

firebuff17

Just going by memory..
I think the difference is the age and the power supply model (which correlates to the overall age)

I also tried to look back at the whelen vintage catalogs that @JohnMarcson had supplied ( but have been lost due to forum upgrades) to confirm my previous thought on model number but cannot due to the catalogs being lost.

firebuff17

Thanks shues!
I forgot how many pictures I have seen of yours on this site! You have some beauties!!!

I flipped through a few of your albums and did not see the sales (or any) literature for the early edge bars. Saw some advatedge stuff, some 80H paperwork, then saw some duplex, and the all linear style edge (with eb6 power supplies) and then some BLink literature.

OP
OP
V

venomizd93

Thanks for the responses, curious if anyone could ID, to the best of their ability from the pics, the rear deck lights. Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregrsikes
Top Bottom