Official Console/Equipment Thread

foxtrot5

Gold Supporter
These consoles all look nice, but I'm curious if anyone has any (obviously) custom console photos for a pickup with a stick-shift...
 

txff914

Member
foxtrot5 said:
These consoles all look nice, but I'm curious if anyone has any (obviously) custom console photos for a pickup with a stick-shift...
What kind of truck do you have? I have an 07 dodge with a 6 speed standard. i had a fed sig smart siren and a Kenwood tk 890/790 mounted in my truck, ive got the Kenwood radio head mounted above my rear view mirror.


ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f281_welder914_DSC00819.jpg
 
V

VTfireftr

I have a 2005 F250 with a 6 speed. I removed the OEM console and installed a Havis console. I'll try and post some pics in the next couple of days.
 

firebuff17

Member
Here is my simple, effective clean "console." Moto HLN1196 switchbox installed into factory storage pocket of 2002 dodge ram. Started off without the scanner to keep it clean and factory looking. Scanner was added and changed the factory look.

Console pic.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TritonBoulder47

Site Guru
CptChunky said:
And I thought our department was the only ones still using those pro copper pos! looks alot like my set up sadly :cry:
Yeah, that was re-purposed from their old car and we installed it in their new one... lol It's not the prettiest, but it works...
 

paladin

Member
EVT said:
All that fancy equipment but you still got the old handheld radar?
It's a falcon HR - does stationary and moving (has its benefits because its flexible); but I'm a volunteer so picking up a brand new raptor or something would be extra cost prohibitive.. i'd rather spend the money on a good dash cam (that's the next purchase!)
 

ast123

Member
paladin said:
It's a falcon HR - does stationary and moving (has its benefits because its flexible); but I'm a volunteer so picking up a brand new raptor or something would be extra cost prohibitive.. i'd rather spend the money on a good dash cam (that's the next purchase!)
You're a volunteer what exactly?
 

paladin

Member
ast123 said:
You're a volunteer what exactly?
with the Sheriff's Office. We get free training and certifications (such as radar) and work with the deputies. All the way up to a POST firearms academy, and then to a full reserve peace officer status. We wear the same uniform and do practically the same things. We just don't get paid; The program is pretty awesome, we even have volunteers as flight officers in our birds.
 

coopers

Member
paladin said:
with the Sheriff's Office. We get free training and certifications (such as radar) and work with the deputies. All the way up to a POST firearms academy, and then to a full reserve peace officer status. We wear the same uniform and do practically the same things. We just don't get paid; The program is pretty awesome, we even have volunteers as flight officers in our birds.
A reserve officer/deputy essentially?
 

timlinson

Member
coopers said:
A reserve officer/deputy essentially?
I'm going to guess he's a posse member. Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse


Basically a program that increases the number of units on duty. They have everything from DUI enforcement to aviation to S&R to medical rescue. The posse members receive POST certified training to increase their skills. Some may carry firearms(I expect most do), but to do so requires to have taken the POST firearms portion. I read up on them a while back and read that the difference between a posse member and a reserve officer is that a reserve is licensed by the state POST wise and a posse member is not, therefore they are not paid. I think most expenses, such as uniforms, duty equipment, and even vehicles are paid for by the posse member himself. I'm going to guess that after a posse member completes all available POST training they can they can be licensed as a reserve.


Great program, great people. There are a few posse members on the forum. The MCSO sheriff had posse members patrolling schools after Sandy Hook, if I remember right.


Paladin, feel free to correct anything I may have said that's incorrect!


Oh, and I'm very jealous of Paladin's car. Such a bad ass set up,I want it! Maybe I'll have to start living in Scottsdale full time, not just whenever I get bored up in ND.
 

TritonBoulder47

Site Guru
Here are some of our non-console equipment mountings...


BJs 2004 Durango: Utilized the pocket just infront of the cup holders... Used a scrap piece of ABS just to make it look cleaner...


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig9bd5c2ea9d430e925c902c4cd8d9a46f.jpg


2008 Dodge Ram


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig8507674b18544a270ae25bd0c5c6f27c.jpg


Late model Silverado:


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligf98fcc3398c4eb6f3ef4384c77e11463.jpg


Ford Super Duty:


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligc311208cd146eda8252e178e1ef9b724.jpg


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig6ac747007803c2d59542d7a686a674ff.jpg


My old Tahoe: Galls XL200 in the cubby hole above the RVM


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Vehicles_XL200.jpg


BJ's Old Silverado:


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_BJs_20Truck_SilveradoSP03.jpg


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_BJs_20Truck_2012_04_26_18_30_14_837.jpg


2006 Honda Civic: Utilized the factory switch panel for the fog lights... Popped out the blanks and popped in a Carling switch...


ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Alyssas_20New_20Car_2012_03_30_14_18_30_70.jpg
 

Dkellam

Junior Member
hawkspringsfire said:
Those are the mics for the mobile radios.
Let me rephrase my question.... What radios are the mics that are hanging to left of the console connected to? Thanks.
 

jws926

Member
timlinson said:
I'm going to guess he's a posse member. Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse

Basically a program that increases the number of units on duty. They have everything from DUI enforcement to aviation to S&R to medical rescue. The posse members receive POST certified training to increase their skills. Some may carry firearms(I expect most do), but to do so requires to have taken the POST firearms portion. I read up on them a while back and read that the difference between a posse member and a reserve officer is that a reserve is licensed by the state POST wise and a posse member is not, therefore they are not paid. I think most expenses, such as uniforms, duty equipment, and even vehicles are paid for by the posse member himself. I'm going to guess that after a posse member completes all available POST training they can they can be licensed as a reserve.


Great program, great people. There are a few posse members on the forum. The MCSO sheriff had posse members patrolling schools after Sandy Hook, if I remember right.


Paladin, feel free to correct anything I may have said that's incorrect!


Oh, and I'm very jealous of Paladin's car. Such a bad ass set up,I want it! Maybe I'll have to start living in Scottsdale full time, not just whenever I get bored up in ND.
I thought the posse members drove the county vehicles?, to add what you already said, the posse members also patrol all the malls in the county during the Christmas time, I forget when if that start, if its in Nov, or Dec, MCSO also patrols Sun City, which is one of the valleys retirement citys, and has no LE , now I bring that up because I know at one time, alot of retirees volunteered and did what I think was/is a citizens patrol, or maybe they are part of the posse , I am not sure, but they drove fully marked PPVs, with R/B lighting, I dont think they were armed, and, I could be wrong too


Paladin, did you take those pics at one of the district stations?, just curious, I live only a few miles from one from one of them
 

dwk270

Member
TritonBoulder47 said:
A simple rack style on a 2008 Silverado:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligf377bd78a8b504828c6fd69c0c0c15b3.jpg

Where did you find this at?
 

cbpdogboy

Veteran Member
The radio was installed after the pic was taken in the empty slot...and the fake long gun release button was relocated next to the vehicle hour runtime meter...


ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll119_cbpdogboy1_explorerconsole.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rintoul

Member
i have so many functions that i need 2 cencoms as far as the cig plugs i dont have them wired in because i will use them in other vehciles
 

Ben E.

Veteran Member
My former POV, 03 Expedition


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0585.jpg


My former patrol car, 08 Impala


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081207.jpg


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081208b.jpg


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081208a.jpg


My other former patrol car, 12 Silverado


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_100_1340.jpg


ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_100_1344.jpg
 

Eric1249

Veteran Member
I am thinking about getting a console. I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. Where can I find the best deal?


thx
 

paladin

Member
jws926 said:
I thought the posse members drove the county vehicles?, to add what you already said, the posse members also patrol all the malls in the county during the Christmas time, I forget when if that start, if its in Nov, or Dec, MCSO also patrols Sun City, which is one of the valleys retirement citys, and has no LE , now I bring that up because I know at one time, alot of retirees volunteered and did what I think was/is a citizens patrol, or maybe they are part of the posse , I am not sure, but they drove fully marked PPVs, with R/B lighting, I dont think they were armed, and, I could be wrong too

Paladin, did you take those pics at one of the district stations?, just curious, I live only a few miles from one from one of them
I am with the posse; This is my own vehicle, we get them inspected and authorized as emergency vehicles via a letter with the SO; At some point I will go full reserve but that takes a pretty deep time commitment to complete the full academy again. There are various levels of involvement, some who just help out administratively, and those of us who do actual patrol work.


Vehicles can be owned by the posse (organized as 501©(3)s that group us into types of posses); but we also have county drivers licenses, so we can always take out a county unit as well.


Supposedly there are about 3000 posse members in the MCSO, with about 300 of us who are armed; (I am armed, and the above poster is correct that we go through POST training for everything from oc/mechanical/defensive to handgun/rifle/shotgun/etc). We have to do mandatory annual qualifications just like fulltime sworn deputies.


It's a great program because we get to help the community, help the deputies, increase police presence, and save taxpayers money. There will always be naysayers but we go through employment and background screenings just like fulltime deputies do.
 

Online statistics

Members online
11
Guests online
107
Total visitors
118

Forum statistics

Threads
47,063
Messages
418,976
Members
16,504
Latest member
medic4523
Top Bottom