Official FedSig Vision SLR thread

I saw the demo one making the rounds at Harrisburg. I'd have to say that I am impressed...as its a different look. It will be very interesting to see how it sells. Somewhere I have a red/red-white clip of it from the blackberry.

If Fed Sig can pull this bar off and be able to sell it at a decent price, they might have something cooking. It will be interesting to see in the coming months once it hits the streets. I found this video on YouTube:

Ok, I would buy one..

Also, I dunno about you guys, but I would hope that controller has the "ecto-1" siren built in.. I think they would match one another very well. :p

I am a whelen guy but back in the day I used to like the vision. If that works and like others have said for a decent price I am really going to look into one. That thing looked great. wow :shock:

It would be cool if you could program it to only do specific colors. In my current job I have no need for blue for example so it would be cool to have a switch for all amber for routine stuff and a switch for all red or red/white for emergency response. Does it have dedicated TD/Alley or is it like the halogen version in which the reflector simply rotates to the required position? Cool bar though.

Always liked the V style bars. I like how these are a bit lower profile. I feel the current led visions don't really use the space all that well. I'm curious if you can have one color to the front/side and another to the back? I'm thinking white/clear to the front amber to the back for certain pods.

Really cool bar! I do like it.

Nice to see something with a little bit newer design, rather than shoving the Solaris modules in everything from the Aerodynic to the current LED Vision...

I wonder what the damned thing must cost though.... :cry:

ChargerLighting said:
I wonder what the damned thing must cost though.... :cry:
Probably one of those things where "if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it"... :lol:

Pricing will vary quite a bit. If you want a 4-colour bar it's going to be a lot pricier than a single colour bar. I believe there will be options for you to have, for example, 5 pods in single colour and 2 pods configured for multi colour. It'll still give very good performance and will knock the price down. My guess is that if you want a 7-pod 4-colour-per-pod bar, you're going to be spending a lot of money for it.

Months. Nothing solid yet in terms of a date. They are releasing their new lo-pro V bar at the upcoming Police & Security show... on the 22nd? I'll try to get some pics of that up when I get them. But, I don't know when that one is supposed to be available either, though I hope to have one on my demo car for a show we're doing in Canada in August.

I'd really like it to work, but it's going to cost more than the second-hand and rebuilt cars we often wind up with.

The original Vector/Visions did nothing for me - all of the drag of a Streethawk without the same output.

I'd like to see the new FedSig bar next to the PowerArc VOLT and have them fight to the death. There can be only one.

I wounder if Texas DPS would like these bars since they go for the 4 TD's on all the units they have. Talk about all the white light to the front you could ever want. :cool:

medicandy said:
I wounder if Texas DPS would like these bars since they go for the 4 TD's on all the units they have. Talk about all the white light to the front you could ever want. :cool:
I think their new liberties are bright enough for their needs ;)

:eek: :shock: I think that I need to go change my pants. That was just awesome. :shock:

I like how the guy holding the camera in the video says "huh huh holy chit" when all the pods go into takedown mode at 45 sec. :lol:

Y'all might want to keep an eye on FS' facebook page. They'll be sneak-peaking info over the next few days on the new low pro V bar, and I gather 3 other items that will be released at the Police and Security Expo next week. Don't ask me about the other 3 things - I only knew about the V bar!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/FederalSignalFR

Kevin K. said:
Wow!

So, this new V-bar is called the Valor ... and this and the Vision SLR is only going to cost a thousand bucks per unit?!? I'll take one of each!
Where did you find a price?? And if its that cheap.. Sign me up too! (and I got a convertible!) :lol:

unlisted said:
Where did you find a price?? And if its that cheap.. Sign me up too! (and I got a convertible!) :lol:

There's a link on FedSig's front page. It's about a contest, and the rules therein revealed the name of the new bar; and the company apparently values the Vision SLR and the Valor at a thousand bucks per unit. Of course, let's just see what the list price actually is.

Kevin K. said:
There's a link on FedSig's front page. It's about a contest, and the rules therein revealed the name of the new bar; and the company apparently values the Vision SLR and the Valor at a thousand bucks per unit. Of course, let's just see what the list price actually is.[/quote:2cfl1jl7]

Can't find the link to the contest.

I went from a Vision to a Tomar Blade and couldnt be happier. My Vision had a stroke and would only part work. I still think the V bars have a nice look to them but are very high profile.

I want to dislike this bar.... something aout moving LEDs just bugs me. But I'll admit it... I like this bar. It's just too cool not to.

The name of this led rotating V-bar is not the valor. That name refers to a different LED V bar shown below

valor.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381